Waste Management NZ Limited Employee Reviews

Good
Csr (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland19 November 2019
Good.

Friendly environment. Great team work. Good salary. Work from home options available. Good training. Communications
Collaborative
Recycling Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland3 November 2019
Good environment to work, always working as a team, friendly and understanding. They provide all the training required and this is a good company to develop your career.
Very helpful coordinating and management team.
Customer Services Representative/Admin (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 September 2019
After 11 proud years in my former tenure I have always had the reasoning, commitment and assistance of my former Coordinators, Management and Sales Teams.Very much an inclusive and equal opportunity company with some scope for advancement in what can be a trying and challenging environment.
Pros
Good working conditions, always observing H&S initiatives
Cons
Inbound calls can be very challenging.
Not stable
BDM (Former Employee) –  NZ24 August 2019
I was in a sales-based cold role and the job was restructured after only 18 Months. My sales leads were put daily into a pipeline so once I took redundancy I wasn't really required.

A typical day consisted of driving around looking for potential business, making contact and updating into the sales system.
Then going out to convert the client into a customer and working ethically through contract terms and dates.

Workplace culture from the 'old timers; was great. It's the new sales management that was bought in that changed things
The hardest part of the job was the initial training on the trucks the called for a 4am start to be on the truck by 5am.

Most enjoyable part waws the bonuses and the food shouts.
Pros
Birthday shouts
Cons
Over competitive sales
Fun workplace
Runner (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 May 2019
Good place for all I know . Heaps of fun.
Different cultures. Mean feeds
Good laughs and jokes
Every now and then we do catch ups and have a good BBQ
Pros
Call your team mates brothers and sisters everyone gets along with everyone.
Cons
Long hours but doable
Productive, Good for health
Inorganic runner (Current Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland17 April 2019
Waste management is alright because it helps you keep active but it is also hard on the body working 12 hours a day with one 30 minute break. Lifting throughout the whole day.
Cons
Long hours doesn’t suit my schedule
Nice people with fun to work
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland21 January 2019
Flexible working environment along with a team of nice people. They allow staff to grow and taking additional responsibilities also provide support as and when needed and avoid doing micro-management
Employees are fantastic
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, NZ16 July 2018
Started work at 8 finished when my work was done.
Work place culture was very warm friendly and social people
Hardest part of the job was sometimes working long hours on a salary
Pros
Start at 8
disorganised
Driver (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 March 2018
I found that working at my current position as a driver operator that its an unorganised recycle warehouse where we have had 3 different supervisors with different ideas of how things should be done however its left me feeling unappreciated and just uncomfortable we are understaffed its been difficult at times but I and part of a team got the job done but I always felt I could improve so I'm ready to move on. After achieving my rtw I feel confident enough to operate and drive the company truck with prechecks done and all maintainance achieved. I did love my job until the confusion of management but changes are inevitable in employment I only embrace change with common sense.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Getting enough rest
Fast work environment
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 August 2017
Waste Management head office is a fast growing work environment and no day is ever the same. Skills gained was time management, balancing different personalities under stress and building all required relationships.
Fun and Productive
Temp Worker/Truck Driver-Operaor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 June 2017
I found that the culture within Waste Management has a real close family oriented type of feel about them. When it comes to seeing new drivers or runners everyone will go out of their way to introduce them selves and ensure the new temp worker knows or shown who he/she is assigned to. When a runner is hurt quite'' Quite often you will hear someone step up to fill in even though this person has already finished his route which is great as even though we are out there on separate Trucks n Routes'' you still have that team feeling .
Pros
Work is constant
Cons
Wind/Rain/Hail/Snow/Sun
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland19 May 2017
Working for this company was OK and I learnt a lot with the different in trucks and skill.If you had a good team with you your runs and go very fast and if you had any problem they was there to support you.Sometime when we would do the recycling run the public would leave little gift for there runner.The most bit I like about the job is the team work and knowing the different street and areas,plus the people you would meet on the way.
very busy
Recycling Collector/Offsider (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington12 April 2017
was very good running through wellington cbd doing this job i enjoyed it a lot kept me fit while i was playing rugby which was always good for me, long hours but was worth it
Sales Support
Enjoyed working with the people i met there.
Friendly people good crowd enjoyed my time as South Island Sales support.Flexiable working hours good team spirit
busy workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland23 November 2016
While I was there to volunteer once a week as a part of Gateway from school I gained some knowledge of how a work environment is set up and how team work is used to make the day successful.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
full 8 hours even though I was only volunteering
Great Company to work
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 September 2016
Who would have thought about this...... it is more than just Rubbish.....they do care for the environment & recycle
A great temp role, great friendly team, good systems, and all very friendly staff and great work culture. Great place to work.. has branches in most towns & cities in New Zealand.
Pros
Casual Friday's
keepin buzy
gantry driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland1 August 2016
full on continous role driving, customer service team work always available physical fittness required in an out of truck making sure loads r always covered wen loaded an travalling a wide range of travalling best part of day meeting customers an full fulling their needs wen required.
Pros
making good friends
productive/busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury7 April 2016
Drove many different trucks all around Christchurch so I was very flexible every day. Learned how to operate gantry,hook and reload trucks. Also did deliveries of domestic household bins in a box truck and dealt with customers face to face. Got on well with all my co workers and management.
Pros
drove all over christchurch
Cons
early am starts
Productive Workplace
Recycling Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty12 February 2016
I enjoyed working for waste management as a temp worker the co workers are awesum i learnt new skills and the hardest part of the job would be sorting plastics as it is full on.
Pros
BBQ Lunch
Fun and Enjoyable
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tokelau14 November 2015
Typical day at work is seeing the most funniest and most happiest person at work, the person that always has something to say that will brighten up your morning and make life a much brighter day. I learned that people who have a very big personality in front of people are the ones that a in a lot of trouble emotionally, physically and mentally and the only way they forget about all their problems is making someone else's day a better day. It is easy managing and maintaining a good environment, if you have a good mentally of who is living in that place. The co-worker were very easy to get along with always chilled and honest. The hardest part of the job is mostly leaving, and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people and build relationships with them.
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Leaving them