Waste Management NZ Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waste Management NZ Limited Employee Reviews

Good people
Not all the drivers there drove all trucks two just drove side loaders did there runs finished 2 to 4 pm An went home I started same time drove all trucks smart skip gantry an 20meter An had to fin at 5pm
Fun and Friendly work enviroment
The short time I worked for waste management I really enjoyed it the people are friendly and always helpful they are a great company to work for and would not hesitate to recommend this company to any one
Doesn't matter, because it's closed down now.
It was good there, aside from the two senior team leaders and their assistant team leaders being snivelling toadies, and totally toxic towards the rest of the staff on site.

None of this matters any more because the site is now closed.
Interesting public place
Interesting public space one of the most interesting jobs that I ever had. Lots of people and lots of interaction with public. Socially and globally conscious working place.
Good
Good.

Friendly environment. Great team work. Good salary. Work from home options available. Good training. Communications
Collaborative
Good environment to work, always working as a team, friendly and understanding. They provide all the training required and this is a good company to develop your career.
Very helpful coordinating and management team.
After 11 proud years in my former tenure I have always had the reasoning, commitment and assistance of my former Coordinators, Management and Sales Teams.Very much an inclusive and equal opportunity company with some scope for advancement in what can be a trying and challenging environment.
Pros
Good working conditions, always observing H&S initiatives
Cons
Inbound calls can be very challenging.
Not stable
I was in a sales-based cold role and the job was restructured after only 18 Months. My sales leads were put daily into a pipeline so once I took redundancy I wasn't really required.

A typical day consisted of driving around looking for potential business, making contact and updating into the sales system.

Then going out to convert the client into a customer and working ethically through contract terms and dates.

Workplace culture from the 'old timers; was great. It's the new sales management that was bought in that changed things

The hardest part of the job was the initial training on the trucks the called for a 4am start to be on the truck by 5am.

Most enjoyable part waws the bonuses and the food shouts.
Pros
Birthday shouts
Cons
Over competitive sales
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Waste Management NZ Limited?
Fun workplace
Good place for all I know . Heaps of fun.
Different cultures. Mean feeds

Good laughs and jokes

Every now and then we do catch ups and have a good BBQ
Pros
Call your team mates brothers and sisters everyone gets along with everyone.
Cons
Long hours but doable
Productive, Good for health
Waste management is alright because it helps you keep active but it is also hard on the body working 12 hours a day with one 30 minute break. Lifting throughout the whole day.
Cons
Long hours doesn’t suit my schedule
Nice people with fun to work
Flexible working environment along with a team of nice people. They allow staff to grow and taking additional responsibilities also provide support as and when needed and avoid doing micro-management
Employees are fantastic
Started work at 8 finished when my work was done.
Work place culture was very warm friendly and social people

Hardest part of the job was sometimes working long hours on a salary
Pros
Start at 8
disorganised
I found that working at my current position as a driver operator that its an unorganised recycle warehouse where we have had 3 different supervisors with different ideas of how things should be done however its left me feeling unappreciated and just uncomfortable we are understaffed its been difficult at times but I and part of a team got the job done but I always felt I could improve so I'm ready to move on. After achieving my rtw I feel confident enough to operate and drive the company truck with prechecks done and all maintainance achieved. I did love my job until the confusion of management but changes are inevitable in employment I only embrace change with common sense.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Getting enough rest
Fast work environment
Waste Management head office is a fast growing work environment and no day is ever the same. Skills gained was time management, balancing different personalities under stress and building all required relationships.
Fun and Productive
I found that the culture within Waste Management has a real close family oriented type of feel about them. When it comes to seeing new drivers or runners everyone will go out of their way to introduce them selves and ensure the new temp worker knows or shown who he/she is assigned to. When a runner is hurt quite'' Quite often you will hear someone step up to fill in even though this person has already finished his route which is great as even though we are out there on separate Trucks n Routes'' you still have that team feeling .
Pros
Work is constant
Cons
Wind/Rain/Hail/Snow/Sun
Working for this company was OK and I learnt a lot with the different in trucks and skill.If you had a good team with you your runs and go very fast and if you had any problem they was there to support you.Sometime when we would do the recycling run the public would leave little gift for there runner.The most bit I like about the job is the team work and knowing the different street and areas,plus the people you would meet on the way.
very busy
was very good running through wellington cbd doing this job i enjoyed it a lot kept me fit while i was playing rugby which was always good for me, long hours but was worth it
Sales Support
Enjoyed working with the people i met there.
Friendly people good crowd enjoyed my time as South Island Sales support.Flexiable working hours good team spirit
busy workplace
While I was there to volunteer once a week as a part of Gateway from school I gained some knowledge of how a work environment is set up and how team work is used to make the day successful.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
full 8 hours even though I was only volunteering
Great Company to work
Who would have thought about this...... it is more than just Rubbish.....they do care for the environment & recycle
A great temp role, great friendly team, good systems, and all very friendly staff and great work culture. Great place to work.. has branches in most towns & cities in New Zealand.
Pros
Casual Friday's
keepin buzy
full on continous role driving, customer service team work always available physical fittness required in an out of truck making sure loads r always covered wen loaded an travalling a wide range of travalling best part of day meeting customers an full fulling their needs wen required.
Pros
making good friends
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waste Management NZ Limited. Our community is ready to answer.