Waste Management NZ Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Waste Management NZ Limited Employee Reviews

Waste Management is an organisation who employ people to be a jack of all trades. You need to prove yourself and be confident when dealing with people and really know your stuff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Flexible hours required
i loved the people i worked with. They are amazing. They are like family. The job was stressful but the team made it all good. We had a lot of fun and laughter
Check my CV to get more details of the job profile at waste management in the last 3.7 yrs. It was an exciting journey to work for them and got to work with some of senior executive members of the board
This was a good place to start my first real job in NZ, but I was too good and too on too much work. This particular company has a high staff turnover for a reason
Management wasnt great, position placement was inconsistent. The other workers made it very enjoyable to work there which is the only reason why i stayed
Not all the drivers there drove all trucks two just drove side loaders did there runs finished 2 to 4 pm An went home I started same time drove all trucks smart skip gantry an 20meter An had to fin at 5pm
The short time I worked for waste management I really enjoyed it the people are friendly and always helpful they are a great company to work for and would not hesitate to recommend this company to any one
It was good there, aside from the two senior team leaders and their assistant team leaders being snivelling toadies, and totally toxic towards the rest of the staff on site.

None of this matters any more because the site is now closed.
Interesting public space one of the most interesting jobs that I ever had. Lots of people and lots of interaction with public. Socially and globally conscious working place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Waste Management NZ Limited?
Good.

Friendly environment. Great team work. Good salary. Work from home options available. Good training. Communications
Good environment to work, always working as a team, friendly and understanding. They provide all the training required and this is a good company to develop your career.
the workplace culture was ok it did however require alot less kindergarden students and management that need to understand staff needs a bit better, otherwise its an ok place to work.
After 11 proud years in my former tenure I have always had the reasoning, commitment and assistance of my former Coordinators, Management and Sales Teams.Very much an inclusive and equal opportunity company with some scope for advancement in what can be a trying and challenging environment.
Pros
Good working conditions, always observing H&S initiatives
Cons
Inbound calls can be very challenging.
I was in a sales-based cold role and the job was restructured after only 18 Months. My sales leads were put daily into a pipeline so once I took redundancy I wasn't really required.

A typical day consisted of driving around looking for potential business, making contact and updating into the sales system.

Then going out to convert the client into a customer and working ethically through contract terms and dates.

Workplace culture from the 'old timers; was great. It's the new sales management that was bought in that changed things

The hardest part of the job was the initial training on the trucks the called for a 4am start to be on the truck by 5am.

Most enjoyable part waws the bonuses and the food shouts.
Pros
Birthday shouts
Cons
Over competitive sales
Good place for all I know . Heaps of fun.
Different cultures. Mean feeds

Good laughs and jokes

Every now and then we do catch ups and have a good BBQ
Pros
Call your team mates brothers and sisters everyone gets along with everyone.
Cons
Long hours but doable
Waste management is alright because it helps you keep active but it is also hard on the body working 12 hours a day with one 30 minute break. Lifting throughout the whole day.
Cons
Long hours doesn’t suit my schedule
Flexible working environment along with a team of nice people. They allow staff to grow and taking additional responsibilities also provide support as and when needed and avoid doing micro-management
Started work at 8 finished when my work was done.
Work place culture was very warm friendly and social people

Hardest part of the job was sometimes working long hours on a salary
Pros
Start at 8
Cons
I found that working at my current position as a driver operator that its an unorganised recycle warehouse where we have had 3 different supervisors with different ideas of how things should be done however its left me feeling unappreciated and just uncomfortable we are understaffed its been difficult at times but I and part of a team got the job done but I always felt I could improve so I'm ready to move on. After achieving my rtw I feel confident enough to operate and drive the company truck with prechecks done and all maintainance achieved. I did love my job until the confusion of management but changes are inevitable in employment I only embrace change with common sense.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Getting enough rest
Waste Management head office is a fast growing work environment and no day is ever the same. Skills gained was time management, balancing different personalities under stress and building all required relationships.
Cons
I found that the culture within Waste Management has a real close family oriented type of feel about them. When it comes to seeing new drivers or runners everyone will go out of their way to introduce them selves and ensure the new temp worker knows or shown who he/she is assigned to. When a runner is hurt quite'' Quite often you will hear someone step up to fill in even though this person has already finished his route which is great as even though we are out there on separate Trucks n Routes'' you still have that team feeling .
Pros
Work is constant
Cons
Wind/Rain/Hail/Snow/Sun