Waste Management NZ Limited Management reviews

Not stable
BDM (Former Employee) –  NZ24 August 2019
I was in a sales-based cold role and the job was restructured after only 18 Months. My sales leads were put daily into a pipeline so once I took redundancy I wasn't really required.

A typical day consisted of driving around looking for potential business, making contact and updating into the sales system.
Then going out to convert the client into a customer and working ethically through contract terms and dates.

Workplace culture from the 'old timers; was great. It's the new sales management that was bought in that changed things
The hardest part of the job was the initial training on the trucks the called for a 4am start to be on the truck by 5am.

Most enjoyable part waws the bonuses and the food shouts.
Pros
Birthday shouts
Cons
Over competitive sales
Productive, Good for health
Inorganic runner (Current Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland17 April 2019
Waste management is alright because it helps you keep active but it is also hard on the body working 12 hours a day with one 30 minute break. Lifting throughout the whole day.
Cons
Long hours doesn’t suit my schedule
Nice people with fun to work
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland21 January 2019
Flexible working environment along with a team of nice people. They allow staff to grow and taking additional responsibilities also provide support as and when needed and avoid doing micro-management
disorganised
Driver (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 March 2018
I found that working at my current position as a driver operator that its an unorganised recycle warehouse where we have had 3 different supervisors with different ideas of how things should be done however its left me feeling unappreciated and just uncomfortable we are understaffed its been difficult at times but I and part of a team got the job done but I always felt I could improve so I'm ready to move on. After achieving my rtw I feel confident enough to operate and drive the company truck with prechecks done and all maintainance achieved. I did love my job until the confusion of management but changes are inevitable in employment I only embrace change with common sense.
Pros
Driving
Cons
Getting enough rest
Fast work environment
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 August 2017
Waste Management head office is a fast growing work environment and no day is ever the same. Skills gained was time management, balancing different personalities under stress and building all required relationships.
Fun and Productive
Temp Worker/Truck Driver-Operaor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 June 2017
I found that the culture within Waste Management has a real close family oriented type of feel about them. When it comes to seeing new drivers or runners everyone will go out of their way to introduce them selves and ensure the new temp worker knows or shown who he/she is assigned to. When a runner is hurt quite'' Quite often you will hear someone step up to fill in even though this person has already finished his route which is great as even though we are out there on separate Trucks n Routes'' you still have that team feeling .
Pros
Work is constant
Cons
Wind/Rain/Hail/Snow/Sun
productive/busy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury7 April 2016
Drove many different trucks all around Christchurch so I was very flexible every day. Learned how to operate gantry,hook and reload trucks. Also did deliveries of domestic household bins in a box truck and dealt with customers face to face. Got on well with all my co workers and management.
Pros
drove all over christchurch
Cons
early am starts
Productive Workplace
Recycling Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty12 February 2016
I enjoyed working for waste management as a temp worker the co workers are awesum i learnt new skills and the hardest part of the job would be sorting plastics as it is full on.
Pros
BBQ Lunch