Waste Management NZ Limited Employee Review

View all Waste Management NZ Limited reviews

Fun and Enjoyable
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tokelau14 November 2015
Typical day at work is seeing the most funniest and most happiest person at work, the person that always has something to say that will brighten up your morning and make life a much brighter day. I learned that people who have a very big personality in front of people are the ones that a in a lot of trouble emotionally, physically and mentally and the only way they forget about all their problems is making someone else's day a better day. It is easy managing and maintaining a good environment, if you have a good mentally of who is living in that place. The co-worker were very easy to get along with always chilled and honest. The hardest part of the job is mostly leaving, and the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people and build relationships with them.
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Leaving them

Other Waste Management NZ Limited Employee Reviews

Very helpful coordinating and management team.
Customer Services Representative/Admin (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 September 2019
After 11 proud years in my former tenure I have always had the reasoning, commitment and assistance of my former Coordinators, Management and Sales Teams.Very much an inclusive and equal opportunity company with some scope for advancement in what can be a trying and challenging environment.
Pros
Good working conditions, always observing H&S initiatives
Cons
Inbound calls can be very challenging.
Not stable
BDM (Former Employee) –  NZ24 August 2019
I was in a sales-based cold role and the job was restructured after only 18 Months. My sales leads were put daily into a pipeline so once I took redundancy I wasn't really required.

A typical day consisted of driving around looking for potential business, making contact and updating into the sales system.
Then going out to convert the client into a customer and working ethically through contract terms and dates.

Workplace culture from the 'old timers; was great. It's the new sales management that was bought in that changed things
The hardest part of the job was the initial training on the trucks the called for a 4am start to be on the truck by 5am.

Most enjoyable part waws the bonuses and the food shouts.
Pros
Birthday shouts
Cons
Over competitive sales