Wellpath

Wellpath Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,672 reviews

Great until it wasn't

Loved prison nursing and planned to stay for a long time. I didn't mind the 12 hour night shifts and the pay was decent. A definite con is that in correctional nursing you're also in a sense in prison yourself since they are very strict about what you can and cannot bring in. I was not allowed a phone and backpacks and food containers had to be clear with some other nitpitcking things as well as no chicken bones, etc but if I understand correctly certain things like that can vary from facility to facility. Initially had a great manager until she left for another facility and was replaced by a not so great one. The schedule I was hired in for and agreed to was changed after the old manager left and the only choice I was given was do it or leave. I took the new schedule but wasn't happy about it. My stay there didn't end well but if not for management at this particular location I could see myself staying there as the job itself wasn't bad.

Pros

Pay, 401k

Cons

Management, Schedule

Confusing

The training is confusing. You get trained one thing and then the DON tells you to do something different. Main job is med pass which I didn't like. Not a bad environment

Terrible

They lie about pretty much everything , never coming through with what is promised and they completely under pay there staff. Not a good place to work

Unhealthy, unhelpful and unstable

This was the worst work environment I have ever been a part of. The job itself is very rewarding. The patient load is not terrible and the cases are very interesting. Don’t expect to actually provide decent care, however. You will be blocked at every turn. Don’t try to make any positive changes for patient care, you will be given every asinine excuse in the book. The CULTure is very unhealthy. Lots of gossip, lots of lying to management and the management does not care to find the truth. Corruption runs DEEP here. And I’m not just talking at the facility, it goes up through the entire company including Human Resources. Don’t even waste your time doing the interview.

Pros

Being the one positive thing in your patient’s day

Cons

Corruption, management, peers, coworkers, gossip, lying

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexible PRN hours. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Little help from staff. Left alone with prisoners. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Depressing environment. Stressful with little support staff. Many staff members use foul language. Dirty facility. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Seeing 12 or patients in the morning for wellness checks.

Good job security

I have found personal fulfillment and learned new skill set knowledge working at Wellpath. Working at well path I have been able to use my medical assistant skills to help people truly in need. Well path facilitates an environment of caring and compassionate care. It has been very rewarding. working in correction facilities and thanks to well path I have had the opportunity to work in this environment.

Working with inmates was not the challenging part

When I left after 3 years the company had gone through 3 HSA’s and DON’s. The last was the worst. Patient care and critical thinking we’re not encouraged and mostly discouraged. I just could not stay in that environment. For the first time in my life I quit my job at WELLPATH with having another lined up. The HSA threatened me with termination if I continued to do assessments according to WELLPATH policy. Fortunately I easily found another job at $4 more per hour and a wonderful work environment. It’s sad because when I first started there I really liked it and my supervisors.

Pros

. Working with the CO’s. .

Cons

No encouragement or positive feedback. underwhelming for a nurse with 25 years experience

What is the best part of working at the company?Some of the people you work with.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management not having your back on anything. It almost seems like they are looking for a reason to fire you are you to resign.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is not good , just come in and do your hours , pray nothing happens. Let management do the work so they can take blame. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Micro managed, always a negative energy about your job. If you can block out those you can get through the day.

Absolutely no orientation

Wellpath as a company appears to be a fairly good company but local corrections facilities (Wellpath employees) do not follow the policies and procedures that Wellpath puts into place. Unfortunately, there is little support, especially from local management. Nurses are put in a dangerous position of risking their license, a good wage is not worth risking one’s career.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

No support or training as promised which opens nurses to risk their license.

Ok place to work

The pay as a flex travel nurse is ok but they don't actually pay you to travel. They give you a good hourly rate and a couple of bucks to travel to your destination they don't pay for housing or meals.

What is the best part of working at the company?It was a job with a paycheck!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No communication amongst colleagues.Unnecessary workload, due to no teamwork!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Too much nepotism!!What is a typical day like for you at the company?More mentally stressful than physical.

Do not work for this company

Not professional, drama, does not take the time to train their staff adequately. Their providers are very unprofessional and rude. The security staff and some of the management is the best thing

Pros

Cons

Regional/facility staff, Pay, benefits

Extremely unprofessional

Don’t trust anything these people say. Total lies and no job security. They play favoritism and will fire you just because they can. This company seemed shady from the start.

Pros

Cons

Lies told by management

Stressful work environment! Incident Management !

Terrible experience and would not recommend employment with this company!Constant change!No training or advancementStressful work environment!Micro Managed

Pros

Ability to work remotely

Cons

In confident management ! Stressful work environment

The company is great. It just depends on what correctional facility you work whether you’ll like it or not. I personally loved Al cannon but not Guilford County in North Carolina.

What is the best part of working at the company?The freedom to be expressive in any setting. I feel as though employee opinions and suggestions are valued departmentally.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I have been less stressed with this employer than I ever have been anywhere elseWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Our team functions much like a family. We are close-knit and we respect each otherWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Routine morning call with the department, daily tasks/duties worked and completed with minimal supervisory guidance which is great for the morale

No support

There is no support from leadership. Often working the floor and still having to do HSA duties. The turnover rate for HR, recruitment, and leadership is high. There are so many lawsuits regarding patient care. Not a great place if you want to keep your license intact.

Need more QMHPs in the jail

I was a Corrections QMHP. It was hard to see everyone. We added an additional QMHP and even that was not enough as there request for mental health services increased dramatically.

Wellpath

It’s ok but the pay could be more and the work it’s self.can’t find anyone to help just in case there needs to be two people to help another cna.But hopefully it gets better

RUN, not worth your license or your sanity

You see a job opening, there's a reason. The turnover in Milwaukee MCJ and HOC there's a reason. From PSWs, MAs, Nurses to providers everyone leaves because of the horrid conditions of the medical directors and HSA who try to run the place. You have no support and you will be thrown in to cover themselves. No real training, no support from HR. You are always alone. RUN.

Pros

Helping those who would not get care otherwise

Cons

Hsa, Medical directors, ALL management, Hr, No work life balance, poor pay and benefits, risking your license every single day

Not for everyone

This job is not for the faint of heart. For the pay I don’t believe it’s worth it. Risking your life and freedom for patients who are disrespectful and staff who favor others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellpath. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wellpath
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?