West Shore Home

West Shore Home Employee Reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

West Shore Home is a company that defaults aggressive and they mean it.

One of WSH's core values is default aggressive. During my early time here I thought that was in regards to the sales experience and doing what you could within reason to get the sale! as my times went on I realized that it was that way with everything. If there was a mistake on a contract, aggressive was generally the tone. Design Consultants are paid well, but they are the catch all for the problems. issues with anything aside from scheduling install and initial visit is going to be on the DC to handle. This became more and more policed during my time here. The place I had the most issues with would be management, they did not handle situations well and folded to tenured employees. Best part of working here would have to be the money that you can make.

Pros

lots of money.

Cons

hours spend driving every day. no company car. no gas card.

7 February 2023
Thank you for your review! While we are glad to hear you felt well-compensated for your work ethic and efforts in bringing happiness to our customers, we will use your feedback to ensure our teammates fully understand our Default Aggressive mindset and which responsibilities fall within their scope of work.

No work/life balance, poor management

The company supplies the leads and there is a base pay at least. The company overall was an awful work environment. The management was very partial to a couple of individuals. Pay was good but the burn out gets everyone in time. The crew I started with only had 3 out of 20 of the same reps I started with. Turnover was quite high.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

120+ hours a week, no worth life balance, only one day off, holiday work, etc.

7 February 2023
Thank you for your review. While we are glad to felt supported by strong leads and a competitive base salary with uncapped earning potential, we will use your feedback to set clearer schedule expectations for the role early in the hiring process.

Fast Paced Sales Job

Great company to work for with strong values. You’re on the road most of the day & must be ready to work with all different kinds of people. The most difficult part of the job is the work/life balance: very long days and you must work Saturdays. Some good traits to have: self discipline, good work ethic, people skills, strong communication skills, confidence. Management is incredible and they give you everything you need to succeed. Coworkers/peers are helpful and everyone wants to see you do well, despite the competitive environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of being able to help people & the compensation potential is uncapped. Be ready to work hard and keep a positive mindset! Like any job, there are highs and lows.

Pros

A new work environment each day, character building, room for advancement, compensation & benefits, a sense of purpose, meeting new people, autonomy.

Cons

Early mornings/late nights, work/life balance, traveling long distances.

7 February 2023
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the many hours you put in to bringing happiness to our customers, and we are so glad you feel well-compensated for your exceptional work ethic!

Rapidly growing company full of driven and caring employees with many growth opportunities

The culture at West Shore is warm and embracing, and has remained strong in a post-pandemic world. The organization emphasizes doing the right thing always and invests in its employees to allow for career growth opportunities. The compensation is very competitive with other employers and the organization shows its values through support of non-profit organizations as well as wellness and safety initiatives. West Shore is a nationwide company made up of close-knit groups of wonderful people with one common purpose of bringing happiness to every home.

Pros

Compensation, new office building, Starbucks cafe in office, wellness program, office camaraderie, healthy affordable lunch options, opportunities to transfer to other locations, DEI program, work/life balance, Management team interacts with employees regularly

Cons

Corporate office is split between two buildings

7 February 2023
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you've found yourself surrounded by teammates that share a common purpose!

Run in the opposite direction

If you want to ruin your marriage and/or never be able to spend time with your kids, then West Shore Home is the place to work. West Shore Home is the equivalent to having a ball and chain around your neck on a daily basis, with West Shore Home being the ball in question. You will have no quality of life and your relationships with everyone in your life will suffer, because you will never have time for anyone. You will destroy your vehicle in the process as well. Your mental health will take a huge beating. Forget about making any plans, because West Shore Home will throw an appointment your way one hour before the time slot that is over 100 miles away. If you develop car troubles because of the excessive driving, then you will be reprimanded for it. There is no real care for their employees and West Shore Home is very big on pushing Design Consultants to sell an extremely expensive shower that an elderly person on a fixed income could not afford. West Shore Home DOES NOT do any bathroom remodeling outside of the wet space(bathtub/shower only), so to charge $17,000-$25,000 just to covert a bathtub to a walk in shower is beyond insane. To reprimand Design Consultants for not performing like they used to because we can't convince a person on a fixed income to be placed in debt on a 15 year financing option is also insane! I could not have a clean conscious and at the same time do that to any human being. West Shore Home only cares about the DOLLAR and expects for you to walk in an appointment with a customer with the same mentality. So......If you are thinking about working for -

America's Most Admired Home Remodeling Brand!

CORE VALUES! This company gives you the toolkit to success the minute you walk in the door. It may sound cliche but I promise if you take these values to heart and live them daily you will become the version of you that you didn't know existed. This company is growing at an incredible rate which offers employees tremendous growth potential in their current roles and other roles that may become available. I had an amazing recruiter who walked me through the entire process and although I had multiple job offers at the time... I couldn't help but wait for West Shore Home. I was blown away by how much everyone seemed to love their position and the company. I didn't catch one person slipping in the interview process. I knew from the minute I got on the phone that this would be where I ended up and I couldn't be more grateful and excited for the opportunity. I have incredible Teammates. The Culture is AMAZING, and I am doing my best to lead by example in order to show others how great WSH can be for them as well.

Pros

Growth Potential and Job Security

Cons

N/a

7 February 2023
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear everything you had heard about WSH proved to be true upon joining our team! We are thankful for your leadership and all that you do for our teams!

Toxic Work Environment.

If I could leave 0 stars I would, especially for management. No supportive leadership, little to no training, help is not given even when asked for from management. Lashing out at employees who haven't been trained on processes thoroughly (again little to no training given). Extra work will be piled on employees without any compensation, and often no gratitude is shown for employees who step up and take the work head on. Would not recommend working here.

Pros

None.

Cons

Lack of structure, lack of leadership, little to no training, tense working environment

7 February 2023
Thank you for your note. In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to ensure all employees are set up for success through our thorough training process.

The company rewards committed and dependable teammates that produce results.

West Shore Home has clear and present values that they look for in their employees. Culture based company that will invest in you early through training and benefits. The company has high but achievable standards of performance that inspires you to perform at a high level. At first, work-life balance is a struggle but as you settle into the role you find ways to rearrange aspects of your day that supports both your professional growth as well as your personal life.

Pros

Training and Advancement Opportunities

7 February 2023
Thank you for your review! We are so glad you feel the investment that WSH makes in their employees to support your growth and unlock your potential. We appreciate your work ethic and efforts!

Worse position I’ve ever held!!!

Design Team / Sales. High turnover. Only two people remained in the position for a year out of fourteen I started with. Way too many levels of management and very expensive product. Very cancerous environment. Stress!!!!

Pros

Pay can be decent

Cons

Everything sucks !

30 January 2023
Thank you for your review. In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to continue to get better every day.

Productive and Fun workplace

Great Company! The management is very supportive and wants their employees to do well. The company is growing at a very fast pace and always looks to invest back in to its employees. Great opportunity for growth.

26 January 2023
Thank you for your review! We are so glad you've found a supportive work environment with numerous opportunities to grow.

Incredibly job with incredible people.

I was always the type of person who thought that I would dread going to work, but West Shore Home was truly an incredible experience. Every single one of my coworkers and bosses were amazing, the job was easy, and the pay and benefits were great. I truly have never found another job like it and everyone who works there stays for a reason.

20 January 2023
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you've found a rewarding career surrounded by a supportive team at West Shore Home!

Professional workplace

Get to interact with every installer and homeowner each day and always a challenge that needs to be addressed with the best installers and support network from management to corporate. Highly impressive corporation that is growing fast because it supports its employees and has great advancement opportunities available. Been great place to work with extremely talented and well trained installers and management is involved everyday to ensure you need anything to do your job at a high level and efficient. Provides any training that your role will need for the best customer experience. Enjoy the team atmosphere and that every customer be satisfied with a great job done

Pros

Plenty of hours great advancement opportunities

16 January 2023
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you have found yourself surrounded by a talented team and supportive leaders. Every day is a challenge, and we appreciate all that you do to step up and take them head on!

What is the best part of working at the company?Opportunity to earn a decent amount of money. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The company is very into allowing its managers to micro manage and control every aspect of the representatives day. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is very Negative. They cannot keep employees and turn over is a major problem because of how they allow management to act. What is a typical day like for you at the company?You have no time for anything other then running appointments and driving 1200 miles a week, without mileage reimbursement.

16 January 2023
Thank you for your review. While we are glad you felt compensated for your hard work, we will use your note to set more clear expectations regarding the role early in the hiring process.

Great pay

Very struct rules and policies. Follow those and you will do just fine and make GREAT MONEY! 6 FIGURES PLUS. Follow the sales system it works.... Just follow the steps.

16 January 2023
Thank you for your note! We are glad to hear that trusting the system unlocks the greatest success!

Great Commission, No work life balance

The pay is great but you virtually have no time to enjoy it. This is an ideal job for someone right out of school without a family. Another thing that bothered me were the profit margins. The company is charging 4 times what it cost them to complete a job.

16 January 2023
Thank you for your feedback. While we are glad you were pleased with the compensation, we will use your note to set more realistic expectations regarding the role earlier in the hiring process.

Advancement opportunity.

West Shore Home is a dynamic company that believes its employees are their strength. Education, technology and support through every aspect of the organization.

Pros

Positive work environment.

Cons

Long hours sometimes, however you are compensated accordingly.

9 January 2023
Thank you for your note! We are so glad you can FEEL the investment we strive to make in our people. We appreciate all that you do!

They are looking for work horses, not people.

Pros:As much overtime as you can possible survive. double pay on Saturdays, but they are rare, and usually management will do their best to not give you any. Cons:none here cares about you as an employee.pay raises are rare.you barely get a raise after a year of quality work.you can do your best for months and if you mess up once, its what they will remember.They talk behind your back. noone here is your friend, do not fall for the face value stuff.they make promises they cant and will not keep.you are expected to work to meet the goals so managers get their bonuses.you get nothing though, just your typical pay, doesn't matter how much work you do.they will expect you to slap things on just to get the job done, to the determent of costumer experience. They will push you to become a lead, but don't ever do this. it is barely a pay jump, but the workload is all on your shoulders, your helper is there just for moral support. your helper doesn't care because its not their responsibility to get anything done. they just collect hours while you do the work. does not matter if you talk to manager or not, they will change nothing and brush you under the table. DO NOT WORK HERE , UNLESS YOU ARE IN A NEED OF MOENY, GO TOUGH IT OUT FOR A FEW MONTHS THEN LEAVE. This job has no advancement you will be just another number to them. you will be mocked, and your complains and concerns will go in vain.

Pros

fast money

Cons

no raises, manipulative managers, hard labor, no days off, no help, no care, never heard, lied to, promise alot but cant deliver, dont care about you at all

9 January 2023
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear this role did not align with your expectations. We will use your feedback to set clearer expectations surrounding the role!

Nice paycheck

Have I worked at worse places than West Shore Home? Yes. I truly believe this place is based off of lies, and anyone who sucks up enough to get their way. Hard, honest work goes un-noticed, the company “pits” departments against each other, we are not treated as one team what so ever. While equality shows in some departments it’s certainly not company wide. They reward people that are so extremely rude to their colleagues it’s unfathomable. Benefits are expensive and not even good insurance, PTO is the bare minimum, no other “perks”. This place needs a MAJOR turn around or it’s not going to last for multiple reasons. I had high hopes when I started, just to be talked down to, ignored and forgotten about enough to leave.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Healthcare, work environment leadership

9 January 2023
Thank you for your review. While we are disappointed to hear your experience did not align with your expectations, we will use your feedback to continue to Get Better Every Day.

What is the best part of working at the company?Leaving to find better work.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everything!!! They will push you to work as much as possible and tell you how special you are.... but no one really means it...as soon as you have a mess up they act like u can't be trusted.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?ZERO culture... no fun activities for families... no family days.... sometimes they cook breakfast.... to try and win you over... but when u have to be at the customers house by 8.... doesn't really count...What is a typical day like for you at the company?Get to work at 630... dont know anything about the job for the day... and you have to finish in a single day... even if you're working 2 hours away

9 January 2023
Thank you for your note. In the nature of continuous improvement, we will use your feedback to set clearer expectations about our one-day installations and continue to show appreciation for our teammates for their commitment to our mission.

Great Culture, Work Environment and Growth Potential

Workplace culture is second to none. I've never worked for a company that has such important core values and culture all throughout. The work environment is always positive and there's always a strong team effort. There is a lot of growth potential not just in this department, but all across the company. I'm happy to have been an employee here for since 2020!

9 January 2023
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you've found huge success through aligning with our core values and buying into the mission. We appreciate all that you contribute!

Great team and encourages growth

West Shore Home is a great company to work for. My manager is very supportive and wants to help the team grow professionally and personally. West Shore provides many different resources to employees to help them succeed in their roles. The company has great core values and embodies them in the day to day.

Pros

Employee engagement, Starbucks, volunteer opportunities.

9 January 2023
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you've found great success by embodying our core values and utilizing the resources provided to you. We appreciate all that you do for our organization!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at West Shore Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• West Shore Home