Westfarmers Industrial & Safety Employee Reviews

3.7Job Security & Advancement
Productive working area
Picking/ Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Albany, Auckland3 October 2017
The working environment is partially good. It is always busy. Team leaders and the managers of the work place are good. Peers are friendly. Hardest part of the job for me personally, there is too much lifting of heavy objects and standing for a long period of time. What I enjoy most about my job is that we do not remain in the same working area but we rotate regularly and I am always open to learn new things.
Pros
Work gives us an option to take any disposals or left over equipment home for free.
Cons
I get paid flat rates for overtime because I am a temp.
Fun workplace and intelligent
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland20 February 2017
The first day at work for me i was really nervous and scared , only because it was my first time and i don't really know anyone yet , suddenly i get to my 3rd day of work i started to make friends with people , and i became friend with one of a girl i met there , after two weeks i started to feel comfortable and happy cause i know i have some friends also i get used to what our work is for. i get to know how to manage things in different ways even if its really difficult, our job was heaps of palangi and islanders which its good we all get along and work as a teamwork together and have fun together. But the funniest part when our supervisor also take a joke with us at lunch of him is the boss at work we can come in anytime, the best thing i love it its how we respect each other and have each others back around. This job was pretty easy job for me.
Pros
break for 20 mins
Cons
10 hours
Challenging and exciting
Design Patternmaker (Current Employee) –  Albany, North Shore4 May 2013
In my current position I spend alot of time focusing on creating accurate specs for onshore and offshore. I design and adapt products for customers to ensure their satisfaction. I enjoy working a in team enviroinment where we can bounce ideas off one another, creating the best outcome. My favourite part would have to be patternmaking - creating the end product to high standards.