Westfarmers Industrial & Safety
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westfarmers Industrial & Safety Employee Reviews

New Zealand5 reviews
Professional workplace.
Interesting and challenging role. Varied client face to face workplace visits.

Realistic salary and good work life balance ethos.

Excellent workplace people management practices.
I enjoyed being back in a role that helped the military being deployed and watching the uniform change with the times. I found the challenge of putting processes in place and the organising really good.
Productive working area
The working environment is partially good. It is always busy. Team leaders and the managers of the work place are good. Peers are friendly. Hardest part of the job for me personally, there is too much lifting of heavy objects and standing for a long period of time. What I enjoy most about my job is that we do not remain in the same working area but we rotate regularly and I am always open to learn new things.
Pros
Work gives us an option to take any disposals or left over equipment home for free.
Cons
I get paid flat rates for overtime because I am a temp.
Fun workplace and intelligent
The first day at work for me i was really nervous and scared , only because it was my first time and i don't really know anyone yet , suddenly i get to my 3rd day of work i started to make friends with people , and i became friend with one of a girl i met there , after two weeks i started to feel comfortable and happy cause i know i have some friends also i get used to what our work is for. i get to know how to manage things in different ways even if its really difficult, our job was heaps of palangi and islanders which its good we all get along and work as a teamwork together and have fun together. But the funniest part when our supervisor also take a joke with us at lunch of him is the boss at work we can come in anytime, the best thing i love it its how we respect each other and have each others back around. This job was pretty easy job for me.
Pros
break for 20 mins
Cons
10 hours
Challenging and exciting
In my current position I spend alot of time focusing on creating accurate specs for onshore and offshore. I design and adapt products for customers to ensure their satisfaction. I enjoy working a in team enviroinment where we can bounce ideas off one another, creating the best outcome. My favourite part would have to be patternmaking - creating the end product to high standards.