Westpac Bank
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Bank Employee Reviews

I am enjoying working there, My colleagues are fun and friendly. There are opportunities in the workplace to show performance and a nice environment to work.
leadership management extremely supportive and very active to support team members, absolutely enjoyed operating from albany hub in auckland. work place culture is very family orientated, hardiest part of the job was angry clients.
Everyday is different, there is a lot of information and changes coming at you rapidly so there is no chance of feeling bored. It is highly stimulating work but can also be extremely stressful. It is a very rewarding job as you get to see customers achieve their financial goals and your staff reach their potential through coaching and training.
Very young and energetic place to work which provides a great work culture. Head office is well located and provides good exposure to every part of the bank.
It is a very diverse and very much a team oriented workplace. Team work is an excellent driver which makes work enjoyable, Stakeholders are also very approachable.
This was a great experience, learnt a good amount of communication skills and learnt how to deal with different people, the workers were very nice to me
Westpac has a great work culture that encourages all employees to succeed. After the introduction of the new KPI system, there has been nothing but improvement in the overall vibe within staff. The management helps build their teams, the staff encourage each other.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Not as much growth if you do not work in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
Westpac is a very good organisation. Very good work culture, customer service focused and excellent work life balance. Higher management is very suppotive.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Salary not very competitive
This is one of the best Corporate Organization to work for in NZ. staff flexibility. Great benefits for the high performing staff. Great Management. Great Team building workshops. great career goal opportunities. Everyone is treated equally with respect.
Pros
Great Benefits and Flexibility
Cons
Westpac is a fantastic company to work for. I found the team to be motivational. There were many opportunities for growth and personal development. Strong mission and strategy. I look forward to working with Westpac again in the future.
Meeting Customer requirements was demanding. Dealing with Customer accounts was challenging, the systems and processes with the bank were always ongoing. Keeping update with new promotions new system updates and new process were difficult and challenging. I found that keeping the customer happy was the main goal, so keeping up to date with all changes throughout the banking system was a must. My Team Leader was great and always looking for improvements towards my work, there was always room for improvement as systems and process were being updated.The people were always helping each other and friendly. I found that the constant refreshers of systems and processes were difficult to keep up with as the promotions and knowledge of the products were always ongoing and updated. The plus for me working for the bank was meeting new people, Learning new skills.
Pros
Customer Service skills
Cons
Rotating Schedule
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Westpac. I found the management to be supportive and helpful and my roles rewarding. I believe that the culture of the organisation could be improved by becoming more competitive which I also think could be achieved without sacrificing what makes the organisation great.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible working
Cons
The organisation does not have a competitive culture.
The organisation has a culture of bullying and blame that is masked by calling it "performance management". Supportive of "big personalities" it's about ego rather than quality work. While they talk bit about diversity, the Women in Leadership programme isn't about balance it's about promoting women - to the point that in some business units the males in leadership amount to less than 20% (this would not be tolerated if it were women with such a small percentage).
At the end of the month report I had to stay back after work to finish up reports and send to my manager before deadline. I learned a lot while working at this company, well managed by well experienced staff. The hardest part of the job when the management sent me to restructure one of the outer island branch but still I managed well the job. Most enjoyable part of the job when I resigned from the job I had no bad record at the bank, enjoyed when my work done very well.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
if you do not do your work
My job entailed selling products, counting cash, ensuring money machine full and working as a team. I was responsible for balancing branch cash, foreign cash and displaying promotional material. I enjoyed talking to people, finding out their needs and ensuring their needs were met.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Being robbed
The staff was very friendly Only a few was messy and once one of the staff who recently had a baby left dirty nappies for me to dispose of This was very unpleasant Some staff smoked outside the building but I found smelly sigarette buds behind desks
Pros
Was close to my home to clean
Cons
Sometimes very messy
Wide variety of tasks on daily basis. Loved assisting customers and meeting new people each day. Was involved with staff training, health and safety. Great customer focus.
Pros
excellent trainers
Cons
branch closed due nation wide restructure
Agree bullies paradise, a lot of internal politics, favoritism and nit picking. When you have staff that complain be prepared to be targeted by senior management and constantly been told you are not good enough. HR failed in hiring sociopaths as managers, and when you tell them that is the case you get made to feel it is you that is the problem. I left as quickly as I started. One of the worst places to work, no wonder the media has a field day with them. Funny thing is these bullies hide behind a corporation try working in the real world where there are serious consequences and see how far you go?
Pros
Packages
Cons
Bullying culture
Worked with some awesome people who love their jobs but no help from upper ranks. Stress levels can reach an all time high for not only the branch staff members but also the in branch managers. Learned that you pretty much train yourself to get up to scratch to where everyone else is but the staff are lovely and are willing to help you become better. Hardest part of the job would be starting without any formal training dealing with snotty customers. Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with some really exceptional people from all walks of life.
Pros
People & salary
Cons
No proper training, high demand 99% of the time
days were spent checking the incoming/outgoing expenses, checking on clients credit ratings and chasing up bad debts. Weekly profit and loss accounts were produced and then the monthly statements. A lot of time was spent ensuring travel agents had correctly charged clients, and gst returns filled in daily.
Pros
cheap travel perks
Work along really well with all workmates and team leaders at Westpac bank all the time. Workmates were very friendly and helpful Team Leaders were very supportive
Pros
Free tea, coffee, milk
  1. Employee Reviews