Westpac Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Group Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Excellent place to work - location wise it is perfect - 2o minutes from home. Recent reorg has affected the morale of our remaining WestPac staff. L1 and L2 work oursourced to InfoSys.
Growth Opportunities and Great Culture
The people working at Westpac are a great bunch and there are exciting learning opportunities and always room for growth. My typical day involved helping my mentor out with her work and shadowing her during meetings. From this experience, I learnt email etiquette, taking minutes during meetings, PPT, and doing internal research. I also learnt about different technological concepts and most importantly, networked with a lot of people and gained invaluable insight into my career. Westpac by far as the best culture.
Don’t waste your time
All training is completed by yourself, no help from any staff or management. Verbally abused weekly throughout probation period. Unless you fit in staff will blatantly tell lies and management believe it. Don’t waste your time with this company.
Sometimes a struggle to implement improvement with budget constraints and lack of long term planning.
While the people are friendly there is a culture of sort term reactive thinking rather than to push forward with new innovations. Many restrictions are budgetary and when suggestions come forward that would require additional funding prior to being investigated.
Productive and fun experience
Productive and fun experience. It has been a decent learning curve working here in Westpac in different projects and teams. The work culture and the work-life balance is one of the enjoyable aspects of the organization.
Productive and Agile Workplace
Westpac group is a very good place to work, has very good professional environment. Westpac group has a very good agile environment and has the best logistics
Great people, less great management
Westpac has a great culture and the people you work with generally will become your family. The downside is that getting into a another role or climbing the ladder is very much based on who you know, and how willing you are to suck up to higher managers.
This eventually leads to obvious favoritism and becomes very hard to grow within your career.
Everyone supports each other at work
Everyone supports each other at work. People listen to what other people are saying. While work is important, we people party too. Many opportunists to learn new things,
Great organisation
Working for Westpac has been an excellent opportunity as well. I am a lender and so do unsecured lending. The main area is personal loans and credit cards.
stressful, unorgan ised
I wouldn't recommend working under sykes banner for the amount of KPI's and targets and minimal wage. not for someone who requires any kind of flexibility. the management within Sykes itself is pretty slack and poorly organised.
Senior BA on Detica Program
Worked on phase 3 of the program to improve Detica/ Netreveal but the team never got the money to go ahead with the UK implementation and was subsequently cut.
Pros
Nice breakfasts once a month
Cons
Quite political environment
Great place to work.
Overall great place to work with a collaborative work culture. Supportive management who support career progression and secondments. Central CBD location close to restaurants and shops.
Pay could increase and more equality around pay between staff performing the same job role
Poor management
Disgraceful pay in comparison to the retail sector for identical hours.
Would not recommend banking community as a career to anyone. The work is not difficult is the best I can say.
Worst experience ever- traumatised what a torture
Culture is toxic
Senior leadership promotes incompetent people who’s only good at managing upwards

Staff are treated like human doing not human being

No appreciations for staffs hard work and efforts

Obsessively focuses on profitability not on their customers

Promotes individuality not working collaboratively as a team

Doesn’t allow for different voice , concerns and better ways /innovative ideas, promotes people listens to the instructions from the people leaders

A lot of ‘boss’ and hardly to find leaders

Staff Turn overs are very high

Hide the problems and patch them , like to take short cuts , no desire to find long term solutions, couldn’t care less with their customers
Pros
Flexible working and good staff benefits
Cons
Poor management, terrible culture
Good salary but slow career progression
Great manager to work under who cares deeply about their employees. Quite a diverse team from various nationalities. Most enjoyable part of the job is to assist elderly customers from getting scammed of their hard earn money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job is repetitive and not challenging
Recommended place to work
I was with the Westpac Group for 33 years, an excellent organisation to work for.
They looked after the staff and provided a great work life balance

Westpac provides a high standard of customer service and offers seamless end to end customer solutions
Pros
Great facilities and staff benefits
Best company I have ever worked for great leaders
Best company I have ever worked for very flexible and some of the best leaders work here.I am honoured to work in Westpac bank.I got regular opportunities to excel in my career progression.
Pros
Flexibility and work life balance
Cons
Not very flexible for people who work in branches
It is A company
You are just a number, till the time you working will be used like anything. the day you need them they will turn there back. I have worked for them for more than 7 years and dealt with all different managers, it purely based on your manager how you like the company.
Pros
sometime late or have to leave early not neccassry had to load hours, just work around less or more
Cons
no matter how hard you work being women you have been discreminating
A stable workplace which good employees
Westpac Group has good benefits and good salary, everything else is excellent. The culture is of collaboration and people leaders focus on goals with a flexible mindset.
Treasury Operations across a broad range of products.
Settlement of all Treasury related products, using RITS, Exigo and Murex for Domestic Products and Swift Alliance for all Foreign related products. Issuance of new Bonds to both Domestic and Foreign Markets. Liaise with Treasury Front Office and manage Liquidity portfolio. All staff are AFMA accredited and training is provided constantly. A great place to work but not enough opportunities to grow. A fast paced environment with many daily deadlines to meet.I enjoy the pressure and being able to see a transaction settle from a clients initial deposit to a nest egg investment for their future. A professional and highly regulated business.
Pros
Team challenges and cash prizes to be won.
Cons
Not enough room for growth.
Great place to work. From the top down, there is a genuine care for both staff and our customers.
Workplace culture is very much about focusing on customers and by how we can better serve them and make them be wowed by genuine care.
................
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac Group. Our community is ready to answer.