Westpac Group Employee Reviews

Poor management
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC11 September 2019
Disgraceful pay in comparison to the retail sector for identical hours.
Would not recommend banking community as a career to anyone. The work is not difficult is the best I can say.
Worst experience ever- traumatised what a torture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW BT financial group9 August 2019
Culture is toxic
Senior leadership promotes incompetent people who’s only good at managing upwards
Staff are treated like human doing not human being
No appreciations for staffs hard work and efforts
Obsessively focuses on profitability not on their customers
Promotes individuality not working collaboratively as a team
Doesn’t allow for different voice , concerns and better ways /innovative ideas, promotes people listens to the instructions from the people leaders
A lot of ‘boss’ and hardly to find leaders
Staff Turn overs are very high
Hide the problems and patch them , like to take short cuts , no desire to find long term solutions, couldn’t care less with their customers
Pros
Flexible working and good staff benefits
Cons
Poor management, terrible culture
Recommended place to work
Team Manager, Specialist Finance Services (Former Employee) –  Concord NSW30 July 2019
I was with the Westpac Group for 33 years, an excellent organisation to work for.
They looked after the staff and provided a great work life balance
Westpac provides a high standard of customer service and offers seamless end to end customer solutions
Pros
Great facilities and staff benefits
Best company I have ever worked for great leaders
Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 July 2019
Best company I have ever worked for very flexible and some of the best leaders work here.I am honoured to work in Westpac bank.I got regular opportunities to excel in my career progression.
Pros
Flexibility and work life balance
Cons
Not very flexible for people who work in branches
It is A company
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 May 2019
You are just a number, till the time you working will be used like anything. the day you need them they will turn there back. I have worked for them for more than 7 years and dealt with all different managers, it purely based on your manager how you like the company.
Pros
sometime late or have to leave early not neccassry had to load hours, just work around less or more
Cons
no matter how hard you work being women you have been discreminating
A stable workplace which good employees
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 April 2019
Westpac Group has good benefits and good salary, everything else is excellent. The culture is of collaboration and people leaders focus on goals with a flexible mindset.
Treasury Operations across a broad range of products.
Supervisor / Relief Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW10 March 2019
Settlement of all Treasury related products, using RITS, Exigo and Murex for Domestic Products and Swift Alliance for all Foreign related products. Issuance of new Bonds to both Domestic and Foreign Markets. Liaise with Treasury Front Office and manage Liquidity portfolio. All staff are AFMA accredited and training is provided constantly. A great place to work but not enough opportunities to grow. A fast paced environment with many daily deadlines to meet.I enjoy the pressure and being able to see a transaction settle from a clients initial deposit to a nest egg investment for their future. A professional and highly regulated business.
Pros
Team challenges and cash prizes to be won.
Cons
Not enough room for growth.
Great place to work. From the top down, there is a genuine care for both staff and our customers.
Business application owner (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW27 February 2019
Workplace culture is very much about focusing on customers and by how we can better serve them and make them be wowed by genuine care.
................
Westpac Review
Outbound Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Australia25 February 2019
The Westpac Banking group is one of the best places to work, now let me tell you the reason for this.

The bank fully supports any change in your life style and provides flexible hours if needed.

The bank takes its obligations for Health and Safely very seriously and regularly reviews its stance.

The environment provided is comfortable and demanding at the same time, creating a balance of performance and job satisfaction.

The Bank provide opportunities to grow internally if relevant positions are available.
Great co-workers, rewarding helping customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA14 January 2019
Fun working in a branch getting to know regular customers. Unfortunately cut backs in staffing and closing down branches is not good for job security.
Pros
Providing Great Customer Service
Cons
Closing branches
Great work life balance
National Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 November 2018
Fantastic place to work.
A lot of pressure but, when the job is done well its rewarded.
Westpac really look after their staff and in return the staff work hard .
Fun and social activity
Reconciliation Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourn20 March 2018
I was born with half leg and half arm. But that didn't prevent me to do the things I wanted to do. After graduating from certificate in Business studies at INTV I dropped my application at Westpac Bank and they employed me as a reconciliation officer to update the General book entry for the organization. Apart from that I was moved to Ledger's Department where I become the main officer to process payments and salaries. I got resigned in 2014.
Pros
Free lunches
well-run work place
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barangaroo NSW1 March 2018
efficient and hard working environment. always a very enjoyable place to work with good management and professional style. high quality of employment satisfaction.
Excellent work environment
Senior IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 February 2018
I had great times at Westpac, it is a fun vibrant place to work and they keep you challenged along the way. There are plenty of opportunities to further advance your skill-set and base along the way.
Graduate (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 December 2017
Highly recommended, Great place to work. Lot of job advancement opportunities. Flexible working conditions. Work closely with your customer. Good dynamics
I had fun working with Westpac, they support family balance, respect and support their staff. I would love to go and work again with Westpac Group.
Investigations Officer / Process Champion (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW14 September 2017
I had fun working with Westpac and due to restructure, my job was made redundant but now missing working with
Westpac Group.

Westpac is a company that I am proud to be part of, they focus on customer service and treats customers with high regards.

I would love to work with Westpac Group again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Excellent in family balance and career, Treats everyone with respect and no racism, Acknowledged employees potential by encouraging the staff to pursue their careers, fully support the staff.
Cons
I cannot think of anything that Westpac has done wrong.
I enjoyed my time at westpac
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 August 2017
I would have liked some more support to advance in my career although the initial training was good. It helps to have a good manager (as we did) and a good team around you. Need to work hard and get sales do reap the benefits and bonuses which was sometimes unreasonable.
Productive, fun place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2017
Nice place to work. Largest Australian bank. Relatively good working environment. Could be a place for steady employment. I saw people who have been working on the same job since last 20+ years.
Great company to work for
Everyday Banking Acquisition - Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 July 2017
Westpac is truly a great company to work for. They truly care about their staff. It is so large that there are always opportunities to up-skill or move internally across the organisation. Westpac is extremely flexible and has some great perks for staff too.
Pros
Extremely Flexible, great perks
Cons
Do not always promote internally.
Very challenging but also rewarding
Fraud Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW & Kogarah NSW8 June 2017
It was a great place to work. Challening yourself to meet KPI's and assisting people with fraud cases. I was employed though manpower which was only a casual position but didn't feel any different from the staff at wespac. However after 2 years under an agency I expanded my experience and skill in Customer Service and time to continue new challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac Group. Our community is ready to answer.