Westpac Group Employee Reviews

fun enjoyable environment with many skills to be learnt
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 June 2017
i enjoy working at westpac as i can gather more skills and have fun at the same time i like working with other people and have a fun personality while being professional at the same time.
Pros
experience
Great for a hard worker
Bank Teller (Full time) (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC6 June 2017
Working for Westpac was personally a lovely experience, you get to meet a number of very unique people as both coworkers and customers, and learn a lot about the financial world.

As a teller you easily become accustom to repetitive tasks as well as a hands on approach to customers and sales targets, though some can be tricky to reach.
Managers are usually very friendly and reward hard workers for their dedication.
Pros
meet new people, good discounts and benefits
Cons
long work hours, potentially stressful and hard to achieve sales targets, quite a niched customer and worker environment
not a good place
Sydney Water - Project /Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 May 2017
Not happy with the group - not much to say i would not work again for this group.

Learnt nothing and management are not supportive.
People take care of who they know and not what they know so the culture would never CHANGE.

Team is not a team
Pros
nil
Cons
people are not a team player
Great location to work, great friends and people!
BOOKINGS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Barangaroo Sydney31 March 2017
My job is very fast paced not physically but mentally. We have a constant number of requests coming through for booking corporate meetings. Once you get to know the system and the processes it gets much easier.
customer service
Home Loan Manager, Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  perth wa27 March 2017
not bad company to work fo
enjoyed working with the staff great atmosphere.
not good experience with some of the managers
great customer very friendly
Excellent place to work !!
Investigations officer ,Payments & Operations (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW24 March 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Westpac basically all my life.
Started at Westpac in Suva Fiji in the year 1989, left Westpac in 1992, and emigrated to Australia .
Applied for bank jobs, and got accepted in Westpac Parramatta in 1993 .
I Did various roles , and have enjoyed each one of them (please refer to my resume )
A typical day at work is meeting our customer targets efficiently avoiding customer complaints .
I have learnt that if you are dedicated , responsible , and eager to go an extra mile, your efforts are always rewarded , and this is the best part, to be appreciated.
Our department is multi-cultural , and we have got along very well with each other , and have always worked as a team, and made sure
that our customers are satisfied at the end of day .
I don't recall any hardest part of the job , as our team was very helpful to one another, and we always manage to finish our day to day tasks, however there were times when due to large volume of work , we may have done overtime continuously and taken short lunches but we did not fret , as we were well appreciated by our team leaders and Manager.
Pros
Free lunches were provided frequently by our Senior Manager
Cons
There were times we had to work overtime consistently but it was all for the good of the company, and we were appreciated for our hard work which made us all happy at the end of the day .
I worked with a great group but did not like the selling requirements
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rosebud VIC7 March 2017
Before Westpac took over, it was Bank of Melbourne, before that Resi Statewide building society. Confident in job, but Westpac brought in you had to have selling goals which I never met and didn't agree with.
Good culture
Senior Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 March 2017
Excellent work culture and good work/life balance. Good recognition and training opportunities. Wide enterprise exposure.
Pros
Good work/life balances
Cons
Travel to Kogarah
challenging
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC21 February 2017
a position which allowed you to grow with the organisation
strong believers in assisting their employees to achieve a good work life balance

strong leadership
Great training given to Employees
CSR1 (Former Employee) –  Warwick WA21 November 2016
I loved greeting customers by name and helping them with what they were their to do that day.

I worked in a very busy branch and learnt a lot in a short period of time.
Very good environment
Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Singapore10 April 2016
Very good environment.
I enjoyed working in Filenet under highly skilled people, management is very good in handling various situations.
Disappointing
Home Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond South VIC23 February 2016
I found whilst working here there was immense lack of transparency, support, experience & communication skewered.
Systems were outdated. Frontline management compromised position, corporate values.
It was very apparent in daily dealings customer centric is still a concept to be embraced. It is preached but not adapted. Training would be well implemented.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Frontline Management support
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD11 February 2016
Had a really good time being employed by Westpac in the Call Centre. The atmosphere was always a pleasant one. Management were always willing to help you when you asked a question. There were plenty of opportunities to upskill.
Pros
Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Had to drive over the Gateway to get to work
Working with Westpac
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  275 Kent Street3 November 2015
Excellent work environment. I owe whatever I have to them since they believed in me and gave me the opportunity to prove my self.
Making sure I help our customers gives me satisfacton as this in turn helps my situation in terns of job stability.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adelaide, SA1 June 2015
Liasng with our customers on a day to dy basis setting up policies for Car Insurance and House Insurance. Setting targets for the team on a monthly basis and actioning requests from our customers. On top of this all is explianed in my resume.
satisfying job meeting nice people and endevouring to help them meet there goals and dreams
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Mandurah Forum and Pinjarra WA4 December 2014
Arrive at wok at 8.15am-8.30am do acct open and closed report and follow ups on previous days appointments. Call todays apointment and confirm there apointments for that day.
9.00am daily sales and compliance meeting.
9.30 Branch open and first apointment or proactive calls to fill diary for that day and up coming week Have lunch at aproximately 12.30pm to 1.15pm.
Apointment daily aprox 1 hour each doing full acct reviews with my bank considerations making sure our customers are protected and that there banking is the right products to suit there needs and helping them reach there goals and dreams.
Aproximately 4.15pm report to manager with that days results.
Foollow up any unfinished paperwork or compliance until 5.00pm finish time if no followups required then make pro active calls.
Pros
Quarterley Bonuses
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours in the day
Company has a goal for 2017
Bank Manager (Current Employee) –  Whyalla22 November 2013
Internal & external security monitoring, Audit, policy & proceedure compliant, H&S, Reports monitering. Managing staff and large cash handling, sales targets, complaints internal and external.
Employees are committed, coach staff and exceed in customer satisfaction and get results.
Dealing with work place issues with employees, FS Union and HR.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac Group. Our community is ready to answer.