Westpac Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Group Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work - location wise it is perfect - 2o minutes from home. Recent reorg has affected the morale of our remaining WestPac staff. L1 and L2 work oursourced to InfoSys.
The Westpac Banking group is one of the best places to work, now let me tell you the reason for this.

The bank fully supports any change in your life style and provides flexible hours if needed.

The bank takes its obligations for Health and Safely very seriously and regularly reviews its stance.

The environment provided is comfortable and demanding at the same time, creating a balance of performance and job satisfaction.

The Bank provide opportunities to grow internally if relevant positions are available.
Fun working in a branch getting to know regular customers. Unfortunately cut backs in staffing and closing down branches is not good for job security.
Pros
Providing Great Customer Service
Cons
Closing branches
Fantastic place to work.
A lot of pressure but, when the job is done well its rewarded.

Westpac really look after their staff and in return the staff work hard .
I was born with half leg and half arm. But that didn't prevent me to do the things I wanted to do. After graduating from certificate in Business studies at INTV I dropped my application at Westpac Bank and they employed me as a reconciliation officer to update the General book entry for the organization. Apart from that I was moved to Ledger's Department where I become the main officer to process payments and salaries. I got resigned in 2014.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
efficient and hard working environment. always a very enjoyable place to work with good management and professional style. high quality of employment satisfaction.
I had great times at Westpac, it is a fun vibrant place to work and they keep you challenged along the way. There are plenty of opportunities to further advance your skill-set and base along the way.
Highly recommended, Great place to work. Lot of job advancement opportunities. Flexible working conditions. Work closely with your customer. Good dynamics
I had fun working with Westpac and due to restructure, my job was made redundant but now missing working with
Westpac Group.

Westpac is a company that I am proud to be part of, they focus on customer service and treats customers with high regards.

I would love to work with Westpac Group again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Excellent in family balance and career, Treats everyone with respect and no racism, Acknowledged employees potential by encouraging the staff to pursue their careers, fully support the staff.
Cons
I cannot think of anything that Westpac has done wrong.
I would have liked some more support to advance in my career although the initial training was good. It helps to have a good manager (as we did) and a good team around you. Need to work hard and get sales do reap the benefits and bonuses which was sometimes unreasonable.
Nice place to work. Largest Australian bank. Relatively good working environment. Could be a place for steady employment. I saw people who have been working on the same job since last 20+ years.
Westpac is truly a great company to work for. They truly care about their staff. It is so large that there are always opportunities to up-skill or move internally across the organisation. Westpac is extremely flexible and has some great perks for staff too.
Pros
Extremely Flexible, great perks
Cons
Do not always promote internally.
It was a great place to work. Challening yourself to meet KPI's and assisting people with fraud cases. I was employed though manpower which was only a casual position but didn't feel any different from the staff at wespac. However after 2 years under an agency I expanded my experience and skill in Customer Service and time to continue new challenges
i enjoy working at westpac as i can gather more skills and have fun at the same time i like working with other people and have a fun personality while being professional at the same time.
Pros
experience
Cons
Working for Westpac was personally a lovely experience, you get to meet a number of very unique people as both coworkers and customers, and learn a lot about the financial world.

As a teller you easily become accustom to repetitive tasks as well as a hands on approach to customers and sales targets, though some can be tricky to reach.

Managers are usually very friendly and reward hard workers for their dedication.
Pros
meet new people, good discounts and benefits
Cons
long work hours, potentially stressful and hard to achieve sales targets, quite a niched customer and worker environment
Not happy with the group - not much to say i would not work again for this group.

Learnt nothing and management are not supportive.

People take care of who they know and not what they know so the culture would never CHANGE.

Team is not a team
Pros
nil
Cons
people are not a team player
My job is very fast paced not physically but mentally. We have a constant number of requests coming through for booking corporate meetings. Once you get to know the system and the processes it gets much easier.
not bad company to work fo
enjoyed working with the staff great atmosphere.

not good experience with some of the managers

great customer very friendly
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Westpac basically all my life.
Started at Westpac in Suva Fiji in the year 1989, left Westpac in 1992, and emigrated to Australia .

Applied for bank jobs, and got accepted in Westpac Parramatta in 1993 .

I Did various roles , and have enjoyed each one of them (please refer to my resume )

A typical day at work is meeting our customer targets efficiently avoiding customer complaints .

I have learnt that if you are dedicated , responsible , and eager to go an extra mile, your efforts are always rewarded , and this is the best part, to be appreciated.

Our department is multi-cultural , and we have got along very well with each other , and have always worked as a team, and made sure

that our customers are satisfied at the end of day .

I don't recall any hardest part of the job , as our team was very helpful to one another, and we always manage to finish our day to day tasks, however there were times when due to large volume of work , we may have done overtime continuously and taken short lunches but we did not fret , as we were well appreciated by our team leaders and Manager.
Pros
Free lunches were provided frequently by our Senior Manager
Cons
There were times we had to work overtime consistently but it was all for the good of the company, and we were appreciated for our hard work which made us all happy at the end of the day .
Before Westpac took over, it was Bank of Melbourne, before that Resi Statewide building society. Confident in job, but Westpac brought in you had to have selling goals which I never met and didn't agree with.
Excellent work culture and good work/life balance. Good recognition and training opportunities. Wide enterprise exposure.
Pros
Good work/life balances
Cons
Travel to Kogarah
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac Group. Our community is ready to answer.