Westpac Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Group Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW17 reviews
Productive and fun experience. It has been a decent learning curve working here in Westpac in different projects and teams. The work culture and the work-life balance is one of the enjoyable aspects of the organization.
The people working at Westpac are a great bunch and there are exciting learning opportunities and always room for growth. My typical day involved helping my mentor out with her work and shadowing her during meetings. From this experience, I learnt email etiquette, taking minutes during meetings, PPT, and doing internal research. I also learnt about different technological concepts and most importantly, networked with a lot of people and gained invaluable insight into my career. Westpac by far as the best culture.
Westpac group is a very good place to work, has very good professional environment. Westpac group has a very good agile environment and has the best logistics
Everyone supports each other at work. People listen to what other people are saying. While work is important, we people party too. Many opportunists to learn new things,
Overall great place to work with a collaborative work culture. Supportive management who support career progression and secondments. Central CBD location close to restaurants and shops.
Pay could increase and more equality around pay between staff performing the same job role
Culture is toxic
Senior leadership promotes incompetent people who’s only good at managing upwards

Staff are treated like human doing not human being

No appreciations for staffs hard work and efforts

Obsessively focuses on profitability not on their customers

Promotes individuality not working collaboratively as a team

Doesn’t allow for different voice , concerns and better ways /innovative ideas, promotes people listens to the instructions from the people leaders

A lot of ‘boss’ and hardly to find leaders

Staff Turn overs are very high

Hide the problems and patch them , like to take short cuts , no desire to find long term solutions, couldn’t care less with their customers
Pros
Flexible working and good staff benefits
Cons
Poor management, terrible culture
Great manager to work under who cares deeply about their employees. Quite a diverse team from various nationalities. Most enjoyable part of the job is to assist elderly customers from getting scammed of their hard earn money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job is repetitive and not challenging
Best company I have ever worked for very flexible and some of the best leaders work here.I am honoured to work in Westpac bank.I got regular opportunities to excel in my career progression.
Pros
Flexibility and work life balance
Cons
Not very flexible for people who work in branches
Westpac Group has good benefits and good salary, everything else is excellent. The culture is of collaboration and people leaders focus on goals with a flexible mindset.
Fantastic place to work.
A lot of pressure but, when the job is done well its rewarded.

Westpac really look after their staff and in return the staff work hard .
I had great times at Westpac, it is a fun vibrant place to work and they keep you challenged along the way. There are plenty of opportunities to further advance your skill-set and base along the way.
Highly recommended, Great place to work. Lot of job advancement opportunities. Flexible working conditions. Work closely with your customer. Good dynamics
Nice place to work. Largest Australian bank. Relatively good working environment. Could be a place for steady employment. I saw people who have been working on the same job since last 20+ years.
Westpac is truly a great company to work for. They truly care about their staff. It is so large that there are always opportunities to up-skill or move internally across the organisation. Westpac is extremely flexible and has some great perks for staff too.
Pros
Extremely Flexible, great perks
Cons
Do not always promote internally.
Not happy with the group - not much to say i would not work again for this group.

Learnt nothing and management are not supportive.

People take care of who they know and not what they know so the culture would never CHANGE.

Team is not a team
Pros
nil
Cons
people are not a team player
My job is very fast paced not physically but mentally. We have a constant number of requests coming through for booking corporate meetings. Once you get to know the system and the processes it gets much easier.
Excellent work culture and good work/life balance. Good recognition and training opportunities. Wide enterprise exposure.
Pros
Good work/life balances
Cons
Travel to Kogarah
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac Group. Our community is ready to answer.