Westpac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Westpac Employee Review

Worst bank to work for

23 September 2017
Agree bullies paradise, a lot of internal politics, favoritism and nit picking. When you have staff that complain be prepared to be targeted by senior management and constantly been told you are not good enough. HR failed in hiring sociopaths as managers, and when you tell them that is the case you get made to feel it is you that is the problem. I left as quickly as I started. One of the worst places to work, no wonder the media has a field day with them. Funny thing is these bullies hide behind a corporation try working in the real world where there are serious consequences and see how far you go?
Pros
Packages
Cons
Bullying culture
8 January 2017
Same role
Bank Officer (Former Employee) - Christchurch City, Canterbury
My day at Westpac was full time and very busy.
I learnt how to balance the branch cash, balance the ATMs.

The management were very cut throat and ruthless.

The staff that work for westpac are lovely people.

Busy periods and juggling all the jobs.

Meeting and talking with the customers and staff.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Heavy demands at times.
26 November 2016
Same role
Bank Officer (Former Employee) - Kerikeri, Northland
Busy and friendly really nice customers.
There is plenty to do and heaps to learn

When I was there management did not like you to be funny it was work,work,work and keep it professional.

The most enjoyable part was people.
Pros
Learning lots about the banking procedures.
Cons
Meeting lots of great people.
8 November 2018
Same location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Auckland CBD, Auckland
Meeting Customer requirements was demanding. Dealing with Customer accounts was challenging, the systems and processes with the bank were always ongoing. Keeping update with new promotions new system updates and new process were difficult and challenging. I found that keeping the customer happy was the main goal, so keeping up to date with all changes throughout the banking system was a must. My Team Leader was great and always looking for improvements towards my work, there was always room for improvement as systems and process were being updated.The people were always helping each other and friendly. I found that the constant refreshers of systems and processes were difficult to keep up with as the promotions and knowledge of the products were always ongoing and updated. The plus for me working for the bank was meeting new people, Learning new skills.
Pros
Customer Service skills
Cons
Rotating Schedule