Westpac

Westpac Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

fun and well managed company
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 March 2018
At the end of the month report I had to stay back after work to finish up reports and send to my manager before deadline. I learned a lot while working at this company, well managed by well experienced staff. The hardest part of the job when the management sent me to restructure one of the outer island branch but still I managed well the job. Most enjoyable part of the job when I resigned from the job I had no bad record at the bank, enjoyed when my work done very well.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
if you do not do your work
Banking
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dannevirke, Manawatu-Wanganui9 February 2018
My job entailed selling products, counting cash, ensuring money machine full and working as a team. I was responsible for balancing branch cash, foreign cash and displaying promotional material. I enjoyed talking to people, finding out their needs and ensuring their needs were met.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Being robbed
People Focused Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waikato7 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Westpac NZ as part of the retail team ( in branch bank teller) . There was a very positive work culture with regular briefings, inspirations, recognition of achievements from management at all levels, as well as great staff benefits.There was always opportunity to learn more, take upon more responsibility and receive training should you be unsure about anything. A typical day consists of assisting customers in branch with withdrawal and deposits, providing new products/ services such as savings accounts and savings plans, Kiwisaver, insurance, and investments. A day can be varied and you get to meet a lot of people from your community and assist them in meaningful ways. This aspect made the job particularly rewarding. Also going into any branch in a different city or town was always like being welcomed into a second home, putting faces to people who might have helped you over the phone or email. A great place to work!
Pros
free accounts, better rates on credit cards and mortgages, health
Cons
Wearing red if its not your colour.
great opportunities to advance within company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellington29 October 2017
Wide variety of tasks on daily basis. Loved assisting customers and meeting new people each day. Was involved with staff training, health and safety. Great customer focus.
Pros
excellent trainers
Cons
branch closed due nation wide restructure
Westpac Overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland Central, Auckland3 September 2017
Worked with some awesome people who love their jobs but no help from upper ranks.
Stress levels can reach an all time high for not only the branch staff members but also the in branch managers.
Learned that you pretty much train yourself to get up to scratch to where everyone else is but the staff are lovely and are willing to help you become better.

Hardest part of the job would be starting without any formal training dealing with snotty customers.

Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with some really exceptional people from all walks of life.
Pros
People & salary
Cons
No proper training, high demand 99% of the time
Not bad
Wealth Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 August 2017
Good workplace,

Hard to progress, had a pool table and table tennis table,

Lovely building in britomart in Auckland CBD.

Hard to get changes made.
Fun Place to work made some great friends
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland20 June 2017
Busy

Very supportive and always very approachable.

Standards very high.

Meeting the criteria for loans

Informing customers they could go ahead with their and dreams.
Pros
Very nice and smart work uniform.
Cons
no cons
great company to work for
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Amberley, Canterbury4 March 2017
Westpac look after their staff however due to family circumstances it was my time to move on.,
I had the opportunity to move my job closer to home which enabled me to be around for my children after school.
if the opportunity presented itself I would certainly work for the company again
Supportive + Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 November 2016
The position had a varied and holistic support network which was very beneficial sure to the variety of the issues that the position faced. Customers have any and every question waiting to beep through to your phone. Everything from "what's the time/my balance?" to walking people through online banking.

I enjoyed the job - it was challenging. The hardest part is probably the level of stress. You need to have coping mechanisms and a healthy lifestyle outside of the office.

Most enjoyable part was probably the co-workers. We all helped each other out with difficult issues and it definitely felt as though we were a part of a cohesive team.
Pros
Good salary, great co-workers
Cons
Shift work can involve a lot of early and late starts intermixed.
Enjoyed working with people just like me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Botany Downs, Auckland5 May 2016
I enjoyed everyday working in the bank because there was always things to do and the tempo of work was always hard but not to much so I always finding challenges but nothing I couldn't handle.
Pros
Friday drinks
Westpac Bank is a money exchange Company who keeps peoples money safe.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga, Cook Islands12 July 2015
My Job at Westpac Bank is Opening New Account such as day to day account, Savings acccount, Investments account,Business account, Issuing Bank Draft and Bank Cheques, Stop Cheque payments, Processing Card Payment, Processing OverseasTelegraphic Transfer.

I am so priviledge to have been part of the Westpac Team Members.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see Customers walk away content and satisfied of the service they have recieved.

The hardest part is seeing Customer walk away not satisfied and that you have done all you can to help by going out of your way and beyond expectation of your roll.
no summary at this time
I was employed as a part time -on call. Travelled to all branches in the Coromandel area - Thames, Whitianga, Whangamata, Paeroa, Waihi & Katikati
Pros
average slary
Cons
large corporation no consideration for staff satisfaction & acheivements
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Road15 February 2014
A typical work day at Westpac requires you to assist to customers and their needs. When i was fortunate enough to have the time to do work experience with them i learnt alot of things. This included money handling skills, times management to complete all tasks and also how to answer the phone.
Good fellow work mates
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington4 November 2012
A good company to work for. In my department they looked after the staff and the staff were all good to get along with.