Westpac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative16 reviews
New Zealand16 reviews
I am enjoying working there, My colleagues are fun and friendly. There are opportunities in the workplace to show performance and a nice environment to work.
Meeting Customer requirements was demanding. Dealing with Customer accounts was challenging, the systems and processes with the bank were always ongoing. Keeping update with new promotions new system updates and new process were difficult and challenging. I found that keeping the customer happy was the main goal, so keeping up to date with all changes throughout the banking system was a must. My Team Leader was great and always looking for improvements towards my work, there was always room for improvement as systems and process were being updated.The people were always helping each other and friendly. I found that the constant refreshers of systems and processes were difficult to keep up with as the promotions and knowledge of the products were always ongoing and updated. The plus for me working for the bank was meeting new people, Learning new skills.
Pros
Customer Service skills
Cons
Rotating Schedule
At the end of the month report I had to stay back after work to finish up reports and send to my manager before deadline. I learned a lot while working at this company, well managed by well experienced staff. The hardest part of the job when the management sent me to restructure one of the outer island branch but still I managed well the job. Most enjoyable part of the job when I resigned from the job I had no bad record at the bank, enjoyed when my work done very well.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
if you do not do your work
My job entailed selling products, counting cash, ensuring money machine full and working as a team. I was responsible for balancing branch cash, foreign cash and displaying promotional material. I enjoyed talking to people, finding out their needs and ensuring their needs were met.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Being robbed
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Westpac NZ as part of the retail team ( in branch bank teller) . There was a very positive work culture with regular briefings, inspirations, recognition of achievements from management at all levels, as well as great staff benefits.There was always opportunity to learn more, take upon more responsibility and receive training should you be unsure about anything. A typical day consists of assisting customers in branch with withdrawal and deposits, providing new products/ services such as savings accounts and savings plans, Kiwisaver, insurance, and investments. A day can be varied and you get to meet a lot of people from your community and assist them in meaningful ways. This aspect made the job particularly rewarding. Also going into any branch in a different city or town was always like being welcomed into a second home, putting faces to people who might have helped you over the phone or email. A great place to work!
Pros
free accounts, better rates on credit cards and mortgages, health
Cons
Wearing red if its not your colour.
Wide variety of tasks on daily basis. Loved assisting customers and meeting new people each day. Was involved with staff training, health and safety. Great customer focus.
Pros
excellent trainers
Cons
branch closed due nation wide restructure
Worked with some awesome people who love their jobs but no help from upper ranks.
Stress levels can reach an all time high for not only the branch staff members but also the in branch managers.

Learned that you pretty much train yourself to get up to scratch to where everyone else is but the staff are lovely and are willing to help you become better.

Hardest part of the job would be starting without any formal training dealing with snotty customers.

Most enjoyable part was meeting and working with some really exceptional people from all walks of life.
Pros
People & salary
Cons
No proper training, high demand 99% of the time
Good workplace,

Hard to progress, had a pool table and table tennis table,

Lovely building in britomart in Auckland CBD.

Hard to get changes made.
Busy

Very supportive and always very approachable.

Standards very high.

Meeting the criteria for loans

Informing customers they could go ahead with their and dreams.
Pros
Very nice and smart work uniform.
Cons
no cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westpac?
Westpac look after their staff however due to family circumstances it was my time to move on.,
I had the opportunity to move my job closer to home which enabled me to be around for my children after school.

if the opportunity presented itself I would certainly work for the company again
The position had a varied and holistic support network which was very beneficial sure to the variety of the issues that the position faced. Customers have any and every question waiting to beep through to your phone. Everything from "what's the time/my balance?" to walking people through online banking.

I enjoyed the job - it was challenging. The hardest part is probably the level of stress. You need to have coping mechanisms and a healthy lifestyle outside of the office.

Most enjoyable part was probably the co-workers. We all helped each other out with difficult issues and it definitely felt as though we were a part of a cohesive team.
Pros
Good salary, great co-workers
Cons
Shift work can involve a lot of early and late starts intermixed.
I enjoyed everyday working in the bank because there was always things to do and the tempo of work was always hard but not to much so I always finding challenges but nothing I couldn't handle.
Pros
Friday drinks
My Job at Westpac Bank is Opening New Account such as day to day account, Savings acccount, Investments account,Business account, Issuing Bank Draft and Bank Cheques, Stop Cheque payments, Processing Card Payment, Processing OverseasTelegraphic Transfer.

I am so priviledge to have been part of the Westpac Team Members.

the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see Customers walk away content and satisfied of the service they have recieved.

The hardest part is seeing Customer walk away not satisfied and that you have done all you can to help by going out of your way and beyond expectation of your roll.
I was employed as a part time -on call. Travelled to all branches in the Coromandel area - Thames, Whitianga, Whangamata, Paeroa, Waihi & Katikati
Pros
average slary
Cons
large corporation no consideration for staff satisfaction & acheivements
A typical work day at Westpac requires you to assist to customers and their needs. When i was fortunate enough to have the time to do work experience with them i learnt alot of things. This included money handling skills, times management to complete all tasks and also how to answer the phone.
A good company to work for. In my department they looked after the staff and the staff were all good to get along with.