Westpac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Management reviews

New Zealand65 reviews
management structure
leadership management extremely supportive and very active to support team members, absolutely enjoyed operating from albany hub in auckland.

work place culture is very family orientated, hardiest part of the job was angry clients.
Easily the best job I have ever had
Westpac has a great work culture that encourages all employees to succeed. After the introduction of the new KPI system, there has been nothing but improvement in the overall vibe within staff.
The management helps build their teams, the staff encourage each other.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Not as much growth if you do not work in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
Customer foccused
Westpac is a very good organisation. Very good work culture, customer service focused and excellent work life balance. Higher management is very suppotive.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Salary not very competitive
Peoples Bank
This is one of the best Corporate Organization to work for in NZ. staff flexibility. Great benefits for the high performing staff. Great Management. Great Team building workshops. great career goal opportunities. Everyone is treated equally with respect.
Pros
Great Benefits and Flexibility
Cons
Fun workplace with plenty of opportunity to succeed
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Westpac. I found the management to be supportive and helpful and my roles rewarding. I believe that the culture of the organisation could be improved by becoming more competitive which I also think could be achieved without sacrificing what makes the organisation great.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible working
Cons
The organisation does not have a competitive culture.
Good vibe overall
The organisation has a culture of bullying and blame that is masked by calling it "performance management". Supportive of "big personalities" it's about ego rather than quality work.

While they talk bit about diversity, the Women in Leadership programme isn't about balance it's about promoting women - to the point that in some business units the males in leadership amount to less than 20% (this would not be tolerated if it were women with such a small percentage).
fun and well managed company
At the end of the month report I had to stay back after work to finish up reports and send to my manager before deadline. I learned a lot while working at this company, well managed by well experienced staff. The hardest part of the job when the management sent me to restructure one of the outer island branch but still I managed well the job. Most enjoyable part of the job when I resigned from the job I had no bad record at the bank, enjoyed when my work done very well.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
if you do not do your work
People Focused Company
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Westpac NZ as part of the retail team ( in branch bank teller) . There was a very positive work culture with regular briefings, inspirations, recognition of achievements from management at all levels, as well as great staff benefits.There was always opportunity to learn more, take upon more responsibility and receive training should you be unsure about anything. A typical day consists of assisting customers in branch with withdrawal and deposits, providing new products/ services such as savings accounts and savings plans, Kiwisaver, insurance, and investments. A day can be varied and you get to meet a lot of people from your community and assist them in meaningful ways. This aspect made the job particularly rewarding. Also going into any branch in a different city or town was always like being welcomed into a second home, putting faces to people who might have helped you over the phone or email. A great place to work!
Pros
free accounts, better rates on credit cards and mortgages, health
Cons
Wearing red if its not your colour.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westpac?
Worst bank to work for
Agree bullies paradise, a lot of internal politics, favoritism and nit picking. When you have staff that complain be prepared to be targeted by senior management and constantly been told you are not good enough. HR failed in hiring sociopaths as managers, and when you tell them that is the case you get made to feel it is you that is the problem. I left as quickly as I started. One of the worst places to work, no wonder the media has a field day with them. Funny thing is these bullies hide behind a corporation try working in the real world where there are serious consequences and see how far you go?
Pros
Packages
Cons
Bullying culture
capital S capital H capital I capital T
Bullies paradise. loved my job but management constantly undermining staff. New Manager came along and did not know anything about the workload. Lots of talk about development but I guess that must be for managers that don't actually know anything about the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Perfect Workplace
I only worked with Westpac for two weeks, while I was still at school. I was on Work experience and dealt with Customer service and care with information center.

It was an amazing experience because I adapted to environment and workplace faster than I have ever expected, the management of the workplace was perfect because it was easy to follow. Everyine their are always friendly and workng with them felt like a full time job, they made me feel welcomed. The hardest part of the job would have to be on your feet all day and the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be getting to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No cons
Busy work place. Plenty to learn and staff were great
My day at Westpac was full time and very busy.
I learnt how to balance the branch cash, balance the ATMs.

The management were very cut throat and ruthless.
The staff that work for westpac are lovely people.

Busy periods and juggling all the jobs.

Meeting and talking with the customers and staff.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Heavy demands at times.
Great Colleagues, limited opportunity for progression
Great team to work with, limited opportunities as foot traffic is light. Management has no lending or frontline experience thus making it a challenge to get sound advice or support. Alot of self learning is expected and cold outbound calling.
Pros
Small personable team
Cons
limited opportunities, lack of support in branch
Great customer, Staff mostly great
Busy and friendly really nice customers.
There is plenty to do and heaps to learn

When I was there management did not like you to be funny it was work,work,work and keep it professional.
The most enjoyable part was people.
Pros
Learning lots about the banking procedures.
Cons
Meeting lots of great people.
As an employee of Westpac, I was greatful for the career opportunities given to me to enable me to progress through my different roles over 28 years.
Focus on sales and target achievement
Reward and recognition for high achievers

Opportunity to move up and progression for career management
Varied courses online for upskilling
Self managed employment with clear outlines and expectations .
A varied role including ,lending,coaching and administration. Self management expected and a clear outline and expectaions given as to targets and deadlines.
Pros
surrounded by colleagues and encouraged to be your best.
Fast pace and lots of fun
- Customer meetings
- Transactional requests

- Complete Credit Submissions

- Negotiate with Credit team to get submissions approved

- Liase with Products and Pricing, and International for customers

- Diary Management

Good work life balance, leadership never micromanaged, really fun team with great support for professional development.

Hardest part: Conflict management with unhappy clients.

Best part: Seeing hard work pay off in complex and difficult lending submissions and then seeing customers dreams come true.
Pros
Friday beer, wine and snacks
Great people to work with
Great people to work with, always there for help. Very good management, purely supportive and pulsating environment to work and achievements are rewarded on the spot.
Nice environment and good team workers
Good Management and Keen staffs.Potential TL's and variety of interesting jobs.
great organisation with the ability to move around and flexible
Everyday is not the same at Westpac. Enjoyed building great relationships over the years and the ability to have work life balance within a job is good.

Management looked out for staff and also the ability to study while working helped to know and do your job better and wiser, ability to move around within the organisation and also working alongside other staff from various business units.
Pros
work life balance, being able to study part-time, great people
Productive Workplace
A typical work day at Westpac requires you to assist to customers and their needs. When i was fortunate enough to have the time to do work experience with them i learnt alot of things. This included money handling skills, times management to complete all tasks and also how to answer the phone.