Westpac
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Westpac Employee Reviews

Very young and energetic place to work which provides a great work culture. Head office is well located and provides good exposure to every part of the bank.
Fun Place to work made some great friends
Busy

Very supportive and always very approachable.

Standards very high.

Meeting the criteria for loans

Informing customers they could go ahead with their and dreams.
Pros
Very nice and smart work uniform.
Cons
no cons
Banking / Lending
It is a good place to work with room for advancement, the people are fun to work with and they provide a good financial background for career minded individuals.
Pros
Good financial industry knowledge
Cons
great company to work for
Westpac look after their staff however due to family circumstances it was my time to move on.,
I had the opportunity to move my job closer to home which enabled me to be around for my children after school.

if the opportunity presented itself I would certainly work for the company again
capital S capital H capital I capital T
Bullies paradise. loved my job but management constantly undermining staff. New Manager came along and did not know anything about the workload. Lots of talk about development but I guess that must be for managers that don't actually know anything about the job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Professional and stable
I enjoyed working at Westpac. I worked with a lot of very good staff. There was strong organisation and great opportunities. I learned a lot working there regarding leadership and influencing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Most career opportunities are in Auckland only
Perfect Workplace
I only worked with Westpac for two weeks, while I was still at school. I was on Work experience and dealt with Customer service and care with information center.

It was an amazing experience because I adapted to environment and workplace faster than I have ever expected, the management of the workplace was perfect because it was easy to follow. Everyine their are always friendly and workng with them felt like a full time job, they made me feel welcomed. The hardest part of the job would have to be on your feet all day and the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be getting to meet new people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No cons
n/a
Thank you for the opportunity to write a review.
However, I do not wish to write a review. Not because there are polite or negative aspects of working with this employer.

I believe this component should be optional.
Busy work place. Plenty to learn and staff were great
My day at Westpac was full time and very busy.
I learnt how to balance the branch cash, balance the ATMs.

The management were very cut throat and ruthless.

The staff that work for westpac are lovely people.

Busy periods and juggling all the jobs.

Meeting and talking with the customers and staff.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Heavy demands at times.
Great Colleagues, limited opportunity for progression
Great team to work with, limited opportunities as foot traffic is light. Management has no lending or frontline experience thus making it a challenge to get sound advice or support. Alot of self learning is expected and cold outbound calling.
Pros
Small personable team
Cons
limited opportunities, lack of support in branch
Great customer, Staff mostly great
Busy and friendly really nice customers.
There is plenty to do and heaps to learn

When I was there management did not like you to be funny it was work,work,work and keep it professional.

The most enjoyable part was people.
Pros
Learning lots about the banking procedures.
Cons
Meeting lots of great people.
Supportive + Challenging
The position had a varied and holistic support network which was very beneficial sure to the variety of the issues that the position faced. Customers have any and every question waiting to beep through to your phone. Everything from "what's the time/my balance?" to walking people through online banking.

I enjoyed the job - it was challenging. The hardest part is probably the level of stress. You need to have coping mechanisms and a healthy lifestyle outside of the office.

Most enjoyable part was probably the co-workers. We all helped each other out with difficult issues and it definitely felt as though we were a part of a cohesive team.
Pros
Good salary, great co-workers
Cons
Shift work can involve a lot of early and late starts intermixed.
Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
There was a problem to do with the Windows server based reporting tool mainly used by the insurance platform to produce insurance forms, applications and policies where they could not produce anymore reports due to the breakdown of the reporting server. This was very critical and had to be resolved urgently.

My first attempt was to carry out trouble-shooting techniques to determine the root cause of the problem. It took me four hours to identify the main cause of the breakdown and rectified it by isolating all possible source of errors and found out that the cause was due to an enormously large file which had gone beyond its size threshold.

The resolution was to delete the file. This task was made known and rectified on the same day.
It was fun place as we had quite place as well so that employee can spend time in quite place in break time beautiful lunch rooms. Free coffeemachines
Loved working with west pact. Perfect environment. Employees are looked after well. Uniforms provided no charge unlike other companies employees have to pay for uniforms
Pros
There were always fun part like games happening, me borne cup competition lots of free lunches, on performance based increment
Cons
I didn't see any cons so far through out my career, I was very happy working with credit card department
Productive and fun
1) Good place to work
2) Fun at work place

3) Morning tea's

4) Good co-workers

5) Very supportive

6) Good encouragement

7) Moving towards DevOps so many tools to learn
Pros
Great people
Successful and well-structured
Continuous Growth and employee satisfaction is at the core of Westpac New Zealand Ltd.
Effective focus on creating and reinforcing pleasurable experiences to workers.
Enjoyed working with people just like me
I enjoyed everyday working in the bank because there was always things to do and the tempo of work was always hard but not to much so I always finding challenges but nothing I couldn't handle.
Pros
Friday drinks
supportive
Stock delivery days are very busy days, overall its very good workplace and improved customer service skills, stock ordering and learnt how to maintain customer relations to fulfill customer's need.
As an employee of Westpac, I was greatful for the career opportunities given to me to enable me to progress through my different roles over 28 years.
Focus on sales and target achievement
Reward and recognition for high achievers

Opportunity to move up and progression for career management

Varied courses online for upskilling
Productive and fun workplace
Co workers were all very nice. Awesome working environment. Learnt more computer skills. Work required a lot of training, however, the training was very good at Westpac. The hardest part of the job was avoiding making any mistakes especially with customers personal and financial details. The most enjoyable part of the job was outbound calls on the phone with customers, and being able to answer customers questions about any inquiries.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, too quiet sometimes
Amazing
Get to meet new people from around the world, employees got along so well. fast working enviroment, In the city close to everything
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac. Our community is ready to answer.