Westpac

Westpac Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellington , New Zealand8 February 2016
All round good company and staff.Community driven company.Good career development.Training provided to all staff.Annual Salary reviews constant.
Pros
Banking package.
Self managed employment with clear outlines and expectations .
Lending Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addington, Canterbury6 February 2016
A varied role including ,lending,coaching and administration. Self management expected and a clear outline and expectaions given as to targets and deadlines.
Pros
surrounded by colleagues and encouraged to be your best.
Fast pace and lots of fun
Commercial Analyst (full time) (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand15 October 2015
- Customer meetings
- Transactional requests
- Complete Credit Submissions
- Negotiate with Credit team to get submissions approved
- Liase with Products and Pricing, and International for customers
- Diary Management

Good work life balance, leadership never micromanaged, really fun team with great support for professional development.

Hardest part: Conflict management with unhappy clients.
Best part: Seeing hard work pay off in complex and difficult lending submissions and then seeing customers dreams come true.
Pros
Friday beer, wine and snacks
Productive and high performing workplace
Commercial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland13 October 2015
I collaborated with a Commercial Manager to service a portfolio of accounting, legal and investment firms. I Prepared credit solutions for working capital, expansion, parent company debt consolidation and partner capital loans.
Pros
Great work place culture
Cons
Dated systems
Rewarding, ample training and great work collegues
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Whangaparaoa, N9 September 2015
24 years in the Banking industry. Completely enjoyed my time, lots of training over the years so plenty of skills growth, recognition and reward for good performance.
Pros
Watching staff grow in knowledge and confidence
Cons
Nil
Bank Teller
Teller/Front Counter (Former Employee) –  Glen Eden, N30 August 2015
My experience working at Westpac during my last year in high school was an eye opener into the real world. An experience to remember. My interest in helping customers complete their needs is what I do best. The people I worked with were very helpful in guiding me through my first day. I was nerves at first but got through it in the end.
Westpac Bank is a money exchange Company who keeps peoples money safe.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga, Cook Islands12 July 2015
My Job at Westpac Bank is Opening New Account such as day to day account, Savings acccount, Investments account,Business account, Issuing Bank Draft and Bank Cheques, Stop Cheque payments, Processing Card Payment, Processing OverseasTelegraphic Transfer.

I am so priviledge to have been part of the Westpac Team Members.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see Customers walk away content and satisfied of the service they have recieved.

The hardest part is seeing Customer walk away not satisfied and that you have done all you can to help by going out of your way and beyond expectation of your roll.
Productive and fun workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Auckland City,2 April 2015
help you to save money and manage your debit more effectively and encourage you to spend less money but save more for your future used.
Great people to work with
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand29 January 2015
Great people to work with, always there for help. Very good management, purely supportive and pulsating environment to work and achievements are rewarded on the spot.
Professional and fun environment
Broker Channel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand13 December 2014
Good office atmosphere, dealing with internal and external clients. Great place to learn about the different processes in back office banking.

The company has a strong commitment to community, being involved with organisations such as the Westpac Rescue Helicopter, Red Sock Day, Beach cleanups and a host of other beneficial programs.

Colleagues are always positive and the employer offers a diverse range of benefits for staff members.
Nice environment and good team workers
Associate IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Takutai square, Auckland9 October 2014
Good Management and Keen staffs.Potential TL's and variety of interesting jobs.
Strong and ethical workplace
Senior Investigator (Current Employee) –  Wellington15 July 2014
A loyal employer who gave me good opportunities. My career has been such that I feel it is time for a change and a completely different challenge
no summary at this time
I was employed as a part time -on call. Travelled to all branches in the Coromandel area - Thames, Whitianga, Whangamata, Paeroa, Waihi & Katikati
Pros
average slary
Cons
large corporation no consideration for staff satisfaction & acheivements
Westpac mussels
Deck Hand (Former Employee) –  Pukenui wharf Hauhora25 June 2014
1.When I was working at Westpac Mussels health and safety was the most important task that needed to be done at the beginning of every day.
2.key areas in learning, dealing with heavy machinery, water testing and growing cycle of shellfish.,
3. been reliable and responsible, also been able to be flexible in all hours that are needed.
4.being a team member is vital when working on the westpac mussels as other workers understand what each other roles are and help when needed.
5.weather conditions will be the hardest part of the job
6.being on the water and the experience.
Pros
working on the water, long but flexible hours
Cons
weather conditions
Productive and easy to work woth
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rarotonga Cook Islands15 June 2014
Start the morning with a joke.Always understand a situation/customer before making any decision.

Always correct your team on spot avoid them talking advantage of a manager.

TEAM work is very important in any organization and without it,achieving your goal will be hard.

Hardest part of a job is when you have continues reworks.

Enjoyable part of the job- everyone goes home happy at the end of the day
great organisation with the ability to move around and flexible
Tax Compliance Analyst & PA Support (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand18 May 2014
Everyday is not the same at Westpac. Enjoyed building great relationships over the years and the ability to have work life balance within a job is good.

Management looked out for staff and also the ability to study while working helped to know and do your job better and wiser, ability to move around within the organisation and also working alongside other staff from various business units.
Pros
work life balance, being able to study part-time, great people
Awesome workplace
Bank teller/meet and greet (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N13 April 2014
A normal day started at 9am on the dot. My co-workers were a fun bunch :-) I was only there for work experience and yet the trust they put into me with the work that I did was awesome. The most enjoyable day was seeing casual customers coming in and talking about their week and also seeing the staff taking interest. There wasn't anything hard about the job because I had an awesome time.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Road15 February 2014
A typical work day at Westpac requires you to assist to customers and their needs. When i was fortunate enough to have the time to do work experience with them i learnt alot of things. This included money handling skills, times management to complete all tasks and also how to answer the phone.
Great Team
Checking Officer (Current Employee) –  Queen Street9 September 2013
ITS a very great team to work with learnt alot of thinks with westpac
productive and fun workplace
December Front desk teller (Former Employee) –  Porirua, N13 August 2013
I only worked for Westpac for my work experince and it was a fun place to work. my co workers were awesome, they're so helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westpac. Our community is ready to answer.