Whanganui District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Whanganui District Health Board Employee Reviews

New Zealand3 reviews
Lived in Whanganui all my life, then moved to another town. Work in the DHB there, much bigger 4000 staff and much more opportunities there.

Small town Whanganui limited opportunities.
I learnt that patience and listening is a key part of working as a Health care assistance.

Management was always good and understanding when you needed help and support.

Workplace culture with the many demands on the whole team working together was very good.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring you tried your best to get all your tasks done before the next shift started.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made the patient smile or helped make their day a little bit better than the day before.

Being able to make a difference to someone's life for that short moment I am working with them.
Pros
Making a difference and being apart of a team that cares
Cons
Under staffed
Working with the multi disciplinary team to meet patients' needs which involves assisting with activities of daily living, encouraging independence and quality of life. The key to this is competent communication skills with patients, their families and the multi discliplinary team utilising both verbal and written documentation.

My co workers have verbalised to me that I am very reliable and perform my duties competently.
Pros
satisfaction of being part of and observing progress patients gain with rehabilitation.
Cons
physical, heavy manual handling work.