Williamson Kumara Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Williamson Kumara Ltd Employee Reviews

New Zealand1 review
Showing the only review
I worked at Williamson's Kumara farm during weeding and harvesting season from February till May this year and for me it was one of the best experiences in New Zealand so far. During weeding season, we were working as soon as the sun was up and work until it was too hot to continue. Sometimes we did also some harvesting but not always. We were waiting for kumaras to grow up properly to start full harvesting season. When that begin it was work from approx. 7:30 am till 5 pm. It was hard job to do but if you are not afraid of challenges it is worth it. When it is soil to dry, dust is flying everywhere, and it can be hard to keep up. On the other hand, when it too wet, the soil get very muddy and you are having hard time cleaning kumaras properly. Sometimes we could not work at all because the gardens were so muddy even harvester could not drive through there. But you meet wonderful people locals and backpackers that make this all bad part of the job just go away and you enjoy every second of it anyway. We would spend our free time going to the Baylys beach, local pub or visiting rugby games supporting our friends who were part of the team for the season. We had the best boss we could have wished for and I would recommend Williamson Kumara to everybody who is not afraid get their hands dirty.
Pros
accommodation provided for a reasonable price
Cons
bad weather - no work - less money to earn
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williamson Kumara Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 1 review