Wood Mackenzie

Wood Mackenzie Employee Reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Good Culture

Good CultureNot sure about career progressionpay sub parhealth insurance was greatemployees are friendlynot much avaiable trainingoffice politicsplenty of time off

Pros

culture

Cons

pay

Great diverse workforce except for at the management level which is very white / male / single nationality dominated

Interesting work and client baseHigher management has no clue and is out of touch with reality and the baseDecent benefits (medical/ pension) but compensation does not offer any incentive to work hardDecent level of collegiality

Pros

Great clients to work for and ever changing subject matter

Cons

Little comprehension of work life balance Mediocre compensation Upper management has no clue

Innovative, productive and fun workplace

People are really supportive. Even with years of experience, many seniors are happy to hear what new comers and juniors have to say. It gives plenty of opportunity for you to develop. Things would not be provided to you on a silver platter, but you should be smart enough to grab them. And most of the time seniors are quite supportive of what you suggest.

Pros

Work life balance, Pay, Freedom to innovate

Cons

Bureaucratic to some extent

Great people, poor progression

Great people to work with and to learn from, fast paced environment, constant change. Friendly environment and multi cultural office with good wellness theme across the business, flexible working. This is all combined with poor pay compared to the rest of the industry, small bonuses, additional efforts and high achievement often overlooked and not rewarded.

Pros

good pension package, medical insurance, opportunities to learn

Cons

High work load and poor management, high achievements arent reflected in salary

Great place to learn

Be ready to be surrounded by some of the smartest people in energy. Long days, interesting work, and fascinating projects. Great place to learn and thrive

Problem solving

Each day was a combination of problem solving on historic applications and new project work. Each hour of work was required to be entered in time-sheet form at the end of each week. There was the opportunity for personal development and this is how I learned Oracle PL-SQL.

Opportunity to work with smart people

If you are an oil and gas analyst, database analyst, or business analyst, Wood Mackenzie is a great place to work using your predicative analysis and business skills. Though global operations for IT is headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland; the Scotland based organization is supportive of its US based IT staff. Opportunities to develop client specific applications abound.

Interesting and perfect place to work

I loved working in Wood Mackenzie, I had the total confidence of my boss and that made me very sure of myself. I totally empowered my skills. I will be forever grateful with this company.

Wood Mac work place

Work environment was great. Casual, friendly yet by the book guidelines. I would highly recommend this company and all they stand for. I do it all over again if need be.

I was only a contractor with them for 6 months

Not applicable, I did contract work, not as an employee. The people I worked with were very professional and the quality of work produced was excellent.

Awesome Company

Wood Mackenzie is one of those dream companies with a great emphasis on work life balance. The team is inclusive, proffesional with plenty of opportunities for learning and developing new skills.

Fun and engaging office

Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. This contributes to a very positive office environment that allows employees to engage with the interesting work they do.

Fun Place to work

Work like balance, great management, career advancements are limited for certain functions, opportunities are limited for non technical jobs, overall great company.

Its was ok

I don't want to speak of my experience, they pay well just not something I want to speak about. this company was nice clean and professional. Nice place and diversity

Okay

I learnt a lot at the company, but there's lots of turmoil and non super professional management in parts of the organisation. It also could be a very political environment.

Big company with a good career opportunities

Nice place to start your career! A lot of opportunities to develop yourself.

Great people, client centric

Great culture in the Singapore office, very little politics, with the entire team striving to meet customer needs, and helping each other in the process.

Challenging but productive

Challenging but productive in achieving sales. Working as part of a team and other account managers to achieve optimal results in client services and management.

Pros

Addtional activities provided for employees

Cons

Commute

Lack of Career Advancement

Lack of leadership has resulted in a lack of vision. A toxic culture prevails throughout the Sales, Client Services and Marketing teams. Client needs are secondary. Poorly managed projects for new products have gone over budget with no ROI. Marketing has no budget for key events and the Sales team is not recognized or compensated appropriately. Career advancement is linked to agreeing with management and not challenging what they say.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of Leadership & Poor Management

Lack of Software Development Experience in Leadership

Company did not properly research what it would take to reach it's vision for the product we were trying to develop. We switched methods of development, product design, and contract developers more than once leading to not having a viable product within the unreasonable time frame leadership desired for their ROI.

Great place to work - opportunities for advancement, personal growth, and travel. Great people, excellent management, and wonderful atmosphere. Supportive team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood Mackenzie. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wood Mackenzie