Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 2,646 reviews
Its average
Baker (Current Employee) –  New Zealand18 November 2018
I have worked at Woolworths for 6 years and have been in the Bakery for 3 years. The apprenticeship is free (company pays), but the management expect more and more from you, but when you can't focus on cleaning, they blame you rather than their own time management and delegation skills. Overall good pay, good hours if you like early mornings, and normally good team to work with...
Pros
Pay, team members, hours
Cons
Management, the way you get treated
productive fun environment
Shop Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury29 June 2018
stocking and filling shelf's facing and building displays stands a good job.good work crew good Boss all round good company to work for no issues what so ever.
Pros
Builds skills if your looking for a job change
Cons
Not enough hours
not great
GROCERY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland18 February 2018
didnt enjoy working here, had manager who made me choose between working or being a parent, i chose my children and never looked back. had no hesitation resigning esp when wider family health issues required i move away to help my parents with severe health issues
Pros
discount
Cons
nasty management
n and enjoyable to work for.
woolworths Tawa (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington14 December 2017
started from the bottom and work my uowards. lots of challeges and opportunies with this company. good place to ingress your skills. i reconmead this company as a learning place.
Pros
lovely people
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland30 October 2017
working at Woolworth was good i meet so many customers my work colleges were pretty cool as well,i learned how to use a till, and how to work with money . for me the best part was meet someone new everyday.
Wasnt to bad only started there when i was young & fresh
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland25 June 2017
Cant remember much working there but the people you work with makes the job alot fun its a hard & fast pace job so ya have 2 keep up with the flow but other then that everything was alright
Pros
Sometimes get free good lunches
Cons
Management sucked
Great place to work in
Hoist-Driver (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland20 June 2017
This workplace gave me a lot of opportunities and experience within the warehouse . My first fork hoist license was achieved here also taking on different tasks was given to me instead of picking orders .
Very productive
Check out operator/Supervisor assistant (Former Employee) –  Grey Lynn, Auckland4 April 2017
I was able to engage in time management, customer service, multi-tasking, heavy lifting, and money handling skills while here at Woolworths. (They are currently countdown now)

I learnt a alot, to manage my time suitable for my school hours, and other extra activities.

I learnt punctuality, to be on time, every time for work.

I enjoyed every part of my first job.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Can overwork myself too much
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant and Check-Out Operator (Former Employee) –  Mangere,Auckland3 March 2017
I am a hardworking person and I honestly tell everyone that I love working with others and I love working with any department.People are really friendly and Company really fare as well.I love let environment
Pros
Nice food
Cons
good learning experience, many opportunities to climb the ladder to success.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland26 February 2017
Getting to learn their system and meeting new people on a daily basis. Very customer focused and have to meet targets efficiently and with accuracy. Very good experience on how to manage time and working as a team to produce excellent outcomes.
Pros
good breaks in between
Cons
long hours.
Very near all the most peopled parts of Wellington's Eastern Suburbs
A supermarket that helps its community in ways which perhaps exceed expectations. Being near the airport there are plenty of busy people who love to pop in and get what they want during most of the day. Some of the management have been known to be members of local sport clubs which is a great tie in for those interested in the community from this kind of perspective.
Pros
Free coffee, in my time quite a few celebrities came shopping at Kilbirnie
Cons
A lot of people come through because of the nearness of Wellington airport
fun and productive
Night Filler/Cleaner/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Tawa, Wellington22 January 2017
fun loving work mates but always busy. management very flexible at times but rarely. work place environment is enjoyable the hardest part of the job is getting the job done in time.
Pros
break times
Cons
not enough hours to get the job done
Bubbly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington12 November 2016
The employees are lovely, they make the days go so much faster, laid back working environment even whilst busy. Other employees were very efficient and helpful.
Fantastic experiences within this Company
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Napier New Zealand13 January 2016
I enjoyed working with customers and thoroughly enjoyed my time here over the many years learning new departments and taking on tasks that was set by management and achieve them without ease. I also enjoyed the customer contact emensl.
Pros
Enjoyable all round
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 November 2014
Getting to know the people you work with is enjoyable because it helps booze my confidence.
Pros
Over time
Productive and fun place
Business Analyst, Progressive Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland15 July 2014
Each day was different and similar at the same time. There would be daily reporting but still had different tasks at the same time. Had a great team and nice colleagues. Lot of learnings and fun at the same time. Each day was fun.
Pros
Flexible timings, perks
Cons
Demanding job
productive and milticultural workplace
On-line Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland25 April 2014
Working at Woolworths LTD my main job is to pick online orders and contact customers by phone regarding their orders. Since I joined Woolworths I have learned time management skills, multitasking, problem solving skills and team work. I am so glad to have great manager who care about their staff as much as they care about the required jobs. The thing that I enjoy the most about working with Woolworths is the team work where everyone helps each other to finish the required jobs however, I find the long shifts abit tiring.
friendly fun workplace
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, george street21 March 2014
woolworths has closed its doors for good. I used to get my float, and put it in my cash register. I was a sales assistant when I left school. I worked in confectionary, making milkshakes, snow freezers, and selling sweets. I also worked in the boyswear department. I would dress mannequins, stock shelves, clean shelves, sell goods to the public. The motto was the customer is always right. I worked for section manager, and manager. I learnt to stock take, stock shelves, cash handling skills, to be coureous and polite to the customers. I loved the people. We had alot of fun at work.
Pros
staff discount, friendly staff