Woolworths Supermarket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Woolworths Supermarket:

Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

New Zealand25 reviews
It is what it is , low pay for supervisor roll.if u like finishing when all the drunk people come out to make trouble.if yr good with getting slapped an kneed in yr back we'll yr bizzy working for nothing.,from yr supervisor who claims yr late when yr early by an HR.
Pros
It's a job, everyone has bills.
Cons
Work late hrs for low pay...
I learned so much in my roll, not only about food and rotation, cooking chicken and food safety, I learned that at 5 pm to 5.30pm people have had a long day and have problems, to be more caring.
Pros
Customers and what they brought into my day, the knowledge of food handling
Cons
When people didn't show up for work
Was an awesome time working for Woolworths. They got me through into becoming a butcher which i stayed doing for another 6 six years. Perfect place to work for and a nice bunch of people to work with.
I enjoyed working for Woolworth's (countdown in New Zealand). The people on night fill definitely made it more enjoyable. Management within the Motueka Countdown store were good.
I have worked at Woolworths for 6 years and have been in the Bakery for 3 years. The apprenticeship is free (company pays), but the management expect more and more from you, but when you can't focus on cleaning, they blame you rather than their own time management and delegation skills. Overall good pay, good hours if you like early mornings, and normally good team to work with...
Pros
Pay, team members, hours
Cons
Management, the way you get treated
stocking and filling shelf's facing and building displays stands a good job.good work crew good Boss all round good company to work for no issues what so ever.
Pros
Builds skills if your looking for a job change
Cons
Not enough hours
didnt enjoy working here, had manager who made me choose between working or being a parent, i chose my children and never looked back. had no hesitation resigning esp when wider family health issues required i move away to help my parents with severe health issues
Pros
discount
Cons
nasty management
started from the bottom and work my uowards. lots of challeges and opportunies with this company. good place to ingress your skills. i reconmead this company as a learning place.
Pros
lovely people
Cons
working at Woolworth was good i meet so many customers my work colleges were pretty cool as well,i learned how to use a till, and how to work with money . for me the best part was meet someone new everyday.
Cant remember much working there but the people you work with makes the job alot fun its a hard & fast pace job so ya have 2 keep up with the flow but other then that everything was alright
Pros
Sometimes get free good lunches
Cons
Management sucked
This workplace gave me a lot of opportunities and experience within the warehouse . My first fork hoist license was achieved here also taking on different tasks was given to me instead of picking orders .
getting thing ready before customer come in and i learnt a lot from my manager it was always a fun day at work just xmas time was the hardest as hour were longer
Pros
staff discount
Cons
I was able to engage in time management, customer service, multi-tasking, heavy lifting, and money handling skills while here at Woolworths. (They are currently countdown now)

I learnt a alot, to manage my time suitable for my school hours, and other extra activities.

I learnt punctuality, to be on time, every time for work.

I enjoyed every part of my first job.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Can overwork myself too much
I am a hardworking person and I honestly tell everyone that I love working with others and I love working with any department.People are really friendly and Company really fare as well.I love let environment
Pros
Nice food
Cons
Getting to learn their system and meeting new people on a daily basis. Very customer focused and have to meet targets efficiently and with accuracy. Very good experience on how to manage time and working as a team to produce excellent outcomes.
Pros
good breaks in between
Cons
long hours.
A supermarket that helps its community in ways which perhaps exceed expectations. Being near the airport there are plenty of busy people who love to pop in and get what they want during most of the day. Some of the management have been known to be members of local sport clubs which is a great tie in for those interested in the community from this kind of perspective.
Pros
Free coffee, in my time quite a few celebrities came shopping at Kilbirnie
Cons
A lot of people come through because of the nearness of Wellington airport
fun loving work mates but always busy. management very flexible at times but rarely. work place environment is enjoyable the hardest part of the job is getting the job done in time.
Pros
break times
Cons
not enough hours to get the job done
The employees are lovely, they make the days go so much faster, laid back working environment even whilst busy. Other employees were very efficient and helpful.
I enjoyed working with customers and thoroughly enjoyed my time here over the many years learning new departments and taking on tasks that was set by management and achieve them without ease. I also enjoyed the customer contact emensl.
Pros
Enjoyable all round
Getting to know the people you work with is enjoyable because it helps booze my confidence.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Each day was different and similar at the same time. There would be daily reporting but still had different tasks at the same time. Had a great team and nice colleagues. Lot of learnings and fun at the same time. Each day was fun.
Pros
Flexible timings, perks
Cons
Demanding job