Wyndham Destinations

Wyndham Destinations Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Showing all 2,895 reviews

Fun workplace

I have the best working colleagues, my boss is a star so relaxed and supportive.Still I would like to make more money with the company, have more training to get better at what I do.The atmosphere working with other areas is one of the best of this little resort in Wanaka.

Bad leadership

This was once a great place to work, but no tours and constant lies about how better things are coming has made it a miserable place. I don’t know how anyone could make it here.

great pay but there are sacrifices

Great pay and compensation, however you are often required to work an additional working day. The benefits are good, the work atmosphere for a male is good.

Fast paced and busy

Our guest were the best part about this job. Being able to accommodate them and see them leave with a smile on their face was a great feeling. I would recommend working here to people with good customer service skills.

If you are one of the favored it's great, if you are a face in the crowd it is tough. There is a special person club with plenty of politics. Money is up and down being very seasonal. Most managers are great, some are just horrible.

Pros

Hours are great.

Cons

Income is not steady.

Everything was good except for benefits and salaries

Job culture was goodJob advancement was good since there were lots of replacements and opportunities.Work/Life Balance was perfectBut no benefits and low salary compare to other hospitality companies.That is why people are moving out to the other hospitality groups.

Fun place to work

Everyone at Wyndham Destinations are fun to work with. Great benefits. Management helps work around scheduled appointments and personal time off. Great place to work.

It is a family if you are focused and listen

Great pay and benefits! The company definitely cares for its employees. I enjoyed working for the company, there is allot of mentorship and help to succeed and great training. Lots of success stories and the clients are really amazing

It's alright I guess

First kff, let me say my managers have all been kind, and exceedingly professional with how they speak to employees. The job itself sucks though. People you don't know will be rude to you and your hours are incredibly inconvenient. It's not fullfilling in the slightest, but it can pay the bills. Emphasis on "can."

What is the best part of working at the company?Greatest sales training.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having draw. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Cult like for sure What is a typical day like for you at the company?Really fun except for the morning meeting. It can drag on.

What is the best part of working at the company?The job itself is very rewarding and the training you receive helps you grow as a person. It’s a exciting job and your work peers are very supportive! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lol getting to work on time.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The environment is awesome and the people you work with are a blast.What is a typical day like for you at the company?It’s like being part of a winning team with great values and tradition.

Avoid working here

Club Wyndham is not a place I would recommend anyone to work at. Pros: discounts on hotels, cruises, and some restaurants in the area. Lots of free time on slow days. Cons: The clientele is entitled and the workers are somehow worse. You will be given little to no training and will be simply thrown into your position. There is zero communication between management and the workers. People (specifically the GM) let their emotions get the better of them and will treat you poorly if you get on their “bad list”. Management micromanages and expects compliance without question. Most company rules and standards are not upheld. Some managers are touchy, housekeeping doesn’t clean the rooms, and there is no room for criticism. Human recourses does not maintain anonymity and will share information with the GM. There is little room to advance (after a minimum of 6 months) and workers are not aloud to use any of the amenities on property. TLDR: management does not communicate, no you can not use the pool, workers don’t know what they are doing. Lots of free time but you will be scrutinized.

Very nice place to work. You have potential to make money if you’re patient and can deal with every kind of person. Staff and management are good. Lots of downtime

What is the best part of working at the company?the sales peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?not having an opportunity to earn money and being on a draw so u could work all week and not make any money and then do a deal and just pay back the draw What is the work environment and culture like at the company?hostile - a lot of turn over What is a typical day like for you at the company?long if your not on the love line

What is the best part of working at the company?The industry is something that is needed to get people to enjoy yime off and away. It can make a big difference in the owners/customers lives.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The pay structure is tough. You’re either benefitting or bleeding. No in between. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?That depends on the department/manager. There are good ones and quiet ones.

Seriously, just don't do it!

I had worked with Wyndham for over 3 years, starting as a Guests Service Agent with swing shift overnights on the weekends. By my second year I was then offered the position for full-time Night Auditor. Without hesitation I eagerly opted to take the shift. Due to fact that occupancy was very high and staffing was poor, plus there was a definite struggle to hier new people. Over only a short period, the turnaround for any new front desk agent was ridiculous. Making the workload harder with the lingering few sensor staff members. Management just fell to deff ears and could care less about how there own employees struggling with having to take on added positions from day-to-day. Sometimes having to assist or take on either Supervisor, housekeeping, or maintenance tasks that were overdue or needed quick attention. Yet all the while still only receiving the $15.50 minimum wage. Growing tired of all extra work I finally demanding a pay raise for all the added tasks that fell onto us sensor staffing. But even after speaking out things remained the same for us as we awaited several months before finally getting the two extra dollars added to our paychecks. Unfortunately things only got worse from there, expectations from our employers quickly became even more difficult. All the while still struggling with countless issues from guest at a fully occupied resort. Any delays to other task led to receiving wright-ups and constant threats to losing their job. long story short, my advice is stay clear from this place, there's tunes of problems that go unresolved as well -

What is the best part of working at the company?The other sales peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Coming to work and not getting a tour so u didn’t earn any money bc u are on a draw What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Cut throat.. a lot of turn over What is a typical day like for you at the company?Early meetings and waiting around for a tour. Forget about having weekends off. They r over staffed and churn talent

Fun but competitive, must be a closer

I enjoyed it. Met a lot of nice people. Management wants you to sell or upsell to customers whether they need it or not. I wasn't a hard closer, so I wasn't a top seller. Our timeshare owners always gave me high marks though because answered all of their questions and helped them plan travel. Good benefits. High pressure.

Always expect more but doesn’t give more

The job starts out as okay and cool. However you will gradually find yourself with more tasks or expectations. The most you can expect if a 3% raise every year. They go through Food and Beverage personal like crazy.

Run for the hills

If you are reading this you made the right decision. As one of the best marketers in this company I will tell you this. I was there for 7 months and there was little to no advancement. There is lack of training, extreme bias, favoritism and lack of leadership. The wages and pay are pretty horrible but you can be persuaded to think otherwise when you see a check. The pay isn't fair, commissions are hard to hit and the work culture is toxic. Also not the mention the work life balance, work culture and hours are awful. If you are going to work here then you are desperate and have a lack of ambition, This is not a career.

Greta workplace bad management

The place is amazing to work for but management destroy all that. Is hard to advance in your career. Work life balance is 3/5. They need to hire leader not bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Destinations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wyndham Destinations