Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,098 reviews

They follow corporate policy thats good

They some what good, but they are trying their best to keep their hotel prestige, for conferences hotel is good. The hotel is on adjacent to freeway that is another plus point and close to DC it tale only 35 minutes

Pros

Free beeak fast

Cons

Short break

Fun but hardworking

Management actually attempts to work with you, more than fair about work life balance. Pay could be a little better but it pays fair enough, with room for growth and advancement opportunities. Lots of different personalities, but everyone actually works really well together to get everything done.

I liked some of my co-workers.

I would not suggest this job to anyone. You do not have any job security and the Manager will talk about you behind your back. I just can not describe how awful this place is!!

Wyndham

Wyndham does try to initiate a positive company culture for all team members. Wyndham is led by the legal and HR departments versus Franchise Operations. This leads to a layered, slow decision making process.

Standard cooking job

This was a typical line cooking job. 6-7 hour days and usually 8 hours on the weekends. Not a bad gig. Some times would work overtime hours. Management was a bit foggy as most of the time their attention is spent on banquets and events rather than the restaurant side of the job which is what you were mostly responsible for. Very rarely would you help out with the hotel banquet events as that was its own separate bill. You are mainly responsible for prep-work, getting meals ready for dinner and cooking either on the line or in the back prep area. Easy-going restaurant culture.The Hardest part of this job was recovering after you are behind. If for some reason you can't get to all your prep work just like any job in this scenario can make dinner excruciating. You may be shorter staffed or just busier from the hotel and could be bogged down with orders, keeping you away from your prep work. It was pretty hard to bounce back after that on those days but thankfully it wasn't too frequent. Days were good when we were caught up and evenly paced in our tasks. As long as you don't have too many pressing tasks looming it can be a laid back cooking environment.

Do not recommend working here

Turnover rate is terrible. The only good thing about this job was the pay & benefits. The management is awful. There is never a set schedule and they make you feel bad about being sick/having emergencies. The gossip is also horrible. Rules are only enforced for certain employees and they do not keep their word on their promises from their interviews. 4 people including myself quit within a month.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Short breaks, management

Fun work place

Upsidedown Company with debtNo equipment or proper tools to perform your duties.. Overall a really great place to work.. Super Great location with river views.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner

Cons

Not enough funds

Bom ambiente profissional.

Empresa sólida, bom ambiente profissional, pessoas prestáveis. Salário baixo face ao custo de vida.

Pros

Refeições na empresa.

Cons

Salário baixo.

Needs better leadership

Needs better management.. and better communication between management and employees and housekeeping and and needs to have better pay and may get better employees

Pros

Friendly guest that deserves better customer service

Cons

No sense of leadership

No security at night

When I was working at days inn and suites I didn’t feel safe I was alone by myself in a big hotel with little to no security and I was scared half the time to do the night shift

Good job for entry level

I enjoyed working here, it was a good job for entry level hospitality. But this job does not lead to much growth, and I found myself wanting more freedom to make choices that benefit guests. We did not have chance for promotion.

Over worked

Only want you there so management can have weekends off and holidays. Not enough pay, complaints about false advertising about having a pool. Would not recommend

1 September 2022
Hello,Thank you for sharing your feedback. It seems that this review is meant for a franchised hotel specifically. We recommend you contact the hotel directly to ensure your feedback is properly documented.

The disrespect of employees and glorified higher ups with mis management skills

The job seems nice until you work there the turnover rate speaks for itself don't waste your time unless you just have time to waste the management is the problem they love to recycle bad management and keep others in lower positions high output and long hours with no incentives

Pros

Nice HR

Cons

No free meals and the management is horrible

1 September 2022
Hello,Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take all feedback seriously as it helps us continue to evolve how to bring better career experiences to our Wyndham Hotels & Resorts team members. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact your local Human Resources Department.

Pésima experiencia laboral en el Wyndham Garden y Aeropuerto

La gestión de los "Gerentes" consiste en hacerte trabajar horas extras sin paga alguna. Además de hostigarte laboralmente para hacerte renunciar. Nada de profesionalismo.Incluso en tus días libres te llaman y no existe esa barrera entre lo laboral y vida personal. El salario es muy bajo para todo lo que te exigen, definitivamente no recomiendo este lugar para trabajar.

No security no increase of pay

Was taken advantage of after 3 and 1/2 years of working there. You are not valued at this job. After giving job my all I was thrown around from place to place by one of the owners also many rooms have mold and affected my health. Would not recommend this job to anyone because if you work there you are of no value.

1 September 2022

Sucks. I don't know of anything good to say about this company other than it's nearly impossible to get fired

Out of 40 years in the workforce this is the worst company I have ever worked for. Low pay.....zero benefits....they don't even offer paid vacation after any number of years of employment.

1 September 2022

Unorganized, cheap company to work for

Started out a good place to work. Days were always fast as there was plenty to do. However, as the building aged, requests for parts required were denied for months. Eventually I grew tired of their Mickey mouse repair attitude.....

Productive Workplace

This by far had to be the worst place I have ever worked at. The only reason I stayed as long as I did is because I had small children, bills to pay and was going to school. The managers were very unprofessional and had no sympathy for their employees. They worked us very had and the pay was very little. This was Days Inn in Tallulah, Louisiana!

The best work place

reasonable work taskskind and nice managementeasy to access the hotel by autothere are plent of benefits than any other hotel businesseswork and life balance best

Pros

free lunch and paid break time

Lingkungan kerja yang sangat enak dan kekeluargaan nya tinggi

Lingkungan kerja yang mengandalkan kekeluargaan, bekerja dengan bersama- sama.jajaran management sangat terbuka untuk menerima masukan dari para staff

Pros

kita mendapat makanan yang bermutu di kantin

Cons

sudah sangat cukup untuk ukuran hotel bintang 5

Very fun place to work

I was able to meet allot of different people from different countries. I am a people person so being able to meet a variety of people was always exciting.

1 September 2022
Hello,Thank you for this great feedback! We are always looking to evaluate and improve our career experiences at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. If you ever have any additional feedback, please speak with your manager or human resources business partner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wyndham Hotels & Resorts