Wynn Resorts

Wynn Resorts Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Solid work environment, but horrible work life balance.

Horrible time off structure. 1 wk first 2 yrs, 2 wks yrs 2-6, 3 wks yrs 6-12, then the max 4 wks. No sick pay. If you miss too much work you will have days deducted. No way to earn more time. Great paternity and maternity 6wks paid. Good work environment.

Great place to work and make money

Overall I feel great about where I work and I appreciate the professionalism. Management will leave you alone as long as you do your job and dont screw up or be short on money drops

Pros

Free food, uniforms, money, helpful people (mostly), security

Cons

micro management, lots of walking back and forth, parking garage

Good place

Nice company, everyone are friendly and professional. Good work place, high performance and quality. It’s best of best casino and Hotel (Resort) in Las Vegas

Good and Bad

Working at the spa with my fellow coworkers was enjoyable as well as knowing we were providing a first class relaxing environment for our guests. However, working in a casino has its perks and downfalls, mainly the expatiation of your time at work. Being away from family and holidays are sometimes not everyone's cup of tea. With that said it was nothing against Wynn Hotels specifically thats just the way it is on the Las Vegas Strip.

Easy work

Easy work, laid backUnfortunately schedule is all over the place, free lunch/paid lunch. Great benefits, nice clean resort with lots of opportunity and growth

Static posts at all casino entrances. Standing for 8 hours.

You must stand up straight for 8 hours. No sitting, slouching, leaning. Lunch times vary, it's works around a rotation. If your relief is late, lunch is cut short. A lot of micro management from executives. Attendance is based of an 8 point system which is strictly enforced. Once 8 points are accumulated, you will be terminated. Day shift/night shifts management preferred. Very minimal training conducted when it comes to room clearing. Constant change in SOP for room clearing lead to confusion and frustration. Some good incentives include ammo for training during off time. Reimbursements for firearm, batin and protective vest after one year of employment. No retention on swing shift. Would recommend to younger adults as a stepping Stone for employment.

Great environment and great management

Management is fair and easy to work with. As long as you are a decent dealer and can control your game management will not bother you one bit. Great place to work.

Ok job, Nice people

You will meet a lot of nice people working here. Everyone is friendly for the most part. The job itself was not what I expected and seemed dull at times.

Depends on Department and Property

I worked at Encore Boston Harbor in 2 departments that happen to be the better departments compared to others. I worked in PAD and housekeeping had good experience in both. Hard is work life balance as a manager you can easily have a 12-15 hour day.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Work Life Balance

Decent

Typical casino working atmosphere. Management can be helpful or hateful. Great coworkers and also sloppy ones that slack off expecting others to earn the money for them.

Favoritism and Retalitation

Learned throughout the years that if you're not in a click/group you don't progress at all (only hire or help their friends/family). Management is horrible with their employees, so much for the classes they have them take. You are just another number. They make you feel unappreciated and depressed to be at work. No room for suggestions ever, and frown upon people who think outside the box and speak out. Manager has a lot of complaints from employees and is still employed. It sounds like the company and department is tolerating her and others bad behavior.

Good Company

The only thing I don’t like is my department doing favoritism to employees. And one manager who has a lot of complain from employees is still employed. It sounds like the company is tolerating her behavior.

stress

dont work here. managment ia horrible,your just another number.worst job i have ever had .the best part of the job was the free food you get or employee dining room.

They only promote young people with a certain ethnicity/look

Hard work and dedication don't pay off. They promote the younger, yes mans! It would be nice to diversity and inclusion to those over 40, not just under.

good benefits

decent pay lowest on the stripbut great benefits great people to work with and free lunchmanagement could be a little better but other wise they are good

Work hard and the management of pad will love you !!!

So happy that i gound this wonderful companr … i love working here coz the management are so caring and wonderful people !!! If you showed yiur best they will appreciated it and recognize you as one of their best employee in your dept… if happen you work with the new comer just teach him/her the proper work ethics and advice them to work hard even though nobody looking at them !!!

work hours are acceptable

it's an interesting scope of work but mgmt is not capable of leading by example. alot of hiring done by patronage & cronyism& sexist attitudes.. sad but true! compensation is derived by an inconsistent and ill-mannered basis. IMAGE IS EVERYTHING HERE, thus if you are in a high traffic area of being seen you will be paid handsomely, conversely if you are needed esp. MGC requirements you are treated with very little respect: both compensation and respect. mgmt personnel are ill-equipped to handle employees with any kind of dignity. it's all about MONEY & IMAGE and employees damaged being be damned.

Pros

Meals, colleagues, medical benefits

Cons

guest attitude, free alcohol for guest

It a fun place to work.

It’s a good place to work, the local union make the place better than before,any restaurant you work there as a server you can make good money,and also fairly pay. They provide you free food and good benefits. The only problem is the management . I highly recommend it.

Not a bad place to work

The pay needs to be better for employees who work BOH. While everyone else receives competitive wages, back-of-house employees do not and raises are only yearly COLA.

Very busy

Management professional and understanding of the environment we work in, it really elevate your skills and sharpen your customer service skills. They emphasis respect to eachothers and team work in harmony.

Pros

Prestige, career advancement

Cons

High cost of living in boston

Great company and co-workers. Terrible management.

Great property and great co-workers, however management has some real issues. I loved working there, but I finally had to say enough after bad management decisions after another.

Pros

Great co-workers. EDR was top notch. Great benefits

Cons

Extremely bad management, especially after Mr. Wynn retired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wynn Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wynn Resorts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?