XPO Logistics
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Showing all 7,486 reviews

Worst companies out there

Not a bad place to work . Accounts always mess up your wages ! Could do with being paid more so you don't have to work silly hours other than that could be worse !

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Long hours pay could be better accounts messing up wages

Was awesome at first…

Had amazing management when I hired in. When I left, I only had one manager I respected, one other one that I liked (he was on my team before he was a manager) the other one I couldn’t understand why or how she continued to be promoted. Some skate through and others are left to feel like you constantly had to prove your worth. I always felt like I was their “whomever needs help” person. I knew how to do everything within the system and after new management was in place.. I was not one of the “chosen” ones.

Pros

Catered lunches, flexible on hours, great PTO earning

Cons

You can’t escape it, the work follows you home or out or on vacation or grocery shopping, You never know when you will get a phone call, Constant checking of email while off the clock, Doing things off the clock regularly, Didn’t feel appreciated or that I could advance within the company.

24 January 2022
We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. XPO is definitely a hard-working company, but we also strive to create a positive work environment. We'll share your feedback with the senior leadership team so that we can improve in the areas you mentioned.

N/a

Not a bad company , they are a seniority based company . Managers are nice and the work is repetitive and easy. Pay is decent but could be better. No strict rules

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Wasted time

Too much work doing everything no matter how much you work they treat you like nothing spent almost 6 years horrible when I started to company was on Conway was a beautiful place to work become Xpo nightmare

Cons

No brake

Salary ok. As always though, overworked as an HGV driver and no progression.

Salary ok. As always though, overworked as an HGV driver and no progression. Management contacted you on rest all the time to change shifts. Expected you to do 15 hour shifts.

Pros

Decent pay, left to get on with the job

Cons

As always, overworked as an HGV driver and no progression

Not too bad. Good Money & PTO.

Earn good money, lots of overtime, and can use PTO to leave early or call out. The work wasn't bad. Management were ok. Just make sure your doing your work and doing it properly and correctly and you won't get fired.

Pros

Pay, Light Work, Spontaneous free lunch, Pto

Cons

Excessive overtime

20 January 2022
Thanks for sharing your insights about working at XPO. We're glad you had a great experience and wish you all the best moving forward.

Great place to work and succeed!

Former 6 plus year employee that came back to XPO last year August 2021 and couldn’t have made a better decision! I truly love my job, my team and this company! I’ve never worked for a CEO that truly cares and values what his employees think and have to say the way ours does. He listens and will let you know that you have been heard even if he doesn’t have all the answers and that right there speaks volumes!

Pros

the teamwork, support from management, positive changes that are made everyday to improve job satisfaction, affordable benefits, room for growth in my career, and the opportunities are endless!

Cons

We have some staffing shortages due to Covid but right now that’s an issue anywhere you go.

21 January 2022
We appreciate this wonderful review - thank you for taking time to share your insights! We're definitely fortunate to have an engaged CEO and leadership team who value what employees have to say. Thanks again for your comments and your hard work, dedication and contributions to the success of XPO!

Ok job but lacks on a lot of things

Overall I wouldn't go back. The place is outdated, they don't really pay attention to what's going out on the dock which results in a big turnover rate. I've seen it too many times. The Mundelein location at least. Too many people getting disrespected by management.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Outdated, lack of care for employees

19 January 2022
Thanks for your feedback, although it's definitely hard to hear. We strive to create a great work environment for everyone. We'll pass your comments along to the senior leadership team so that we can work on the areas you mentioned.

Stay away from XPO in fridley mn

When I was started I was very excited because they pay was very good along with weekly paychecks. But during the first two weeks I was there I realized how unorganized and how poorly managed the facility was. In my year there I saw 6 other fos leave and had 3 service center managers. There was never any clear or defined expectations. No teamwork throughout the shifts. No one wanted to work to make it better. The upper management is so poor there. Favoritism is killing that facility. If your looking for a new job or a job in LTL I would highly recommend going to Old Dominion, Dayton freight, or somewhere else. Because XPO is a company that will pay you an inflated salary and have you work 70 hours a week with no care for your mental or physical well being.

Pros

Inflated salary

Cons

Pretty much everything there. Stay away from the Minnesota locations.

19 January 2022
It's disheartening to hear about your experience with XPO. We take all feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve, so we'll share your comments with the senior leadership team.

N/a

A typical day at work was always great, a lot of challenges.I learned so much about the trucking industry that I never knew.Management was patient, understanding and Outstanding.The hardest part of the job was being laid off due to Covid 19

18 January 2022
It’s great to hear the wonderful things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work. Thank you for your feedback.

Worst place i have ever worked at. First 15 years were good until new management team arrived then downhill all the way

Thankfully employed with a progressive company now with huge benefits Working with xpo was very very stressful mainly because of bad management and being treated like dirt

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours. Very bad managers

pas agréable

collègues très peu agréable pris pour un pion responsable inexistant

Productive and Fun. Learned new things often. Flexible. Opportunity for advancement. Work as much as you want. Always approved PTO.

I had a very supportive manager that was very understanding and truly cared for the employees. That alone makes working for a company worth while. I started during a start up so it was a very demanding job but I was able to witness major progression over the years.

Pros

Bonuses, Work as much as you want. Time off when needed.

Cons

Huge turnover in managemnt

18 January 2022
Thanks for letting us know about your great experiences at XPO. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Great place to work with great pay and benefits

Xpo is a wonderful company to work for, I have been employed with them for one year. You can make 100k+ a year working here without having a college education.

Pros

Great pay, benefits

Cons

Split shift at my location

19 January 2022
Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We're so glad to have you on the team - keep up the great work!

Good pay.

Xpo pays pretty good. Schedule always changes, dock workers looked down upon by management. If you work here as a dw, just till something better comes along.

17 January 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. Please speak with your HR business partner to discuss potential solutions. If you would like to report your concerns, you can contact the Compliance Office at Ethics@xpo.com, call our whistleblower hotline at 800-638-1486, or respond on xpo.ethicspoint.com.

good experience

avantages:great work life balancegreat people to work with

Laid back

Very boring. No sense of ambition it was show up at work and clock in and clock out. Nobody was around to explain anything just assume that you already know everything.

Pros

Left alone to do work. Coffee machine.

Cons

No guidance

18 January 2022
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Fast paced and some good people

The job its self is easy & you are pretty much left alone by the management.Some management are arrogant like in most transport companies & others are very friendly & approachable.Unfortunately it's not a company that you can have a long term future with.Little to no company benefits that will support you.

Pros

Working Monday to Friday

Cons

Unpaid breaks and poor benefits, No company sick pay being one.

Pay is good when you get it

So many drivers missing pay 13-15 hrs expected but tell them where to go poor company to work for I lasted 3 weeks and was down by £800 absolute clowns

Pros

Get to go home

Cons

Long hours no life outside of work

Management is terrible the absolute worst. The equipment has gotten better.

Vacation time is horrible, The pay is good. The management is Cocky, unfair, doesn't listen to people, doesn't care about people. Plays favorites, doesn't abide by a lot of Xpo rules, in fact makes their own rules.. The reason why many people quit, the absolute worst.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, Home time, Vacation time

17 January 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We take all feedback seriously and will share your comments with our senior leadership team.

A good start.

This was my first job in this industry. I had great teachers and coworkers and learned a lot. Only reason I had left was because our location was closed down.

Pros

Decent health insurance at the time and the schedule worked great for me. Training was awesome.

Cons

Combination in some departments needed some work.

13 January 2022
We appreciate your feedback, so thanks for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences. We're glad to hear that you learned a lot and had a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8
2.8
2.9
  • XPO Logistics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?