XPO

XPO Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Found 8,080 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,081 reviews

Good hours

Working hours depends on volume of work. But I have never work more than 11 hours. And it was really just few times. Normally it is between 9 and 10 hours. I do 1-4 drops per shift.

Pros

Not too long hours.

Cons

Week days Monday - Friday could be paid better.

Positive reward

Work is demanding especially during firm restructuring. Long hours and missed vacation because of corporate scheduling conflicts. Leadership shows great appreciation and rewards the team.

Pros

Rewarding and advancement

Cons

Long hours with demanding corporate restructuring

27 January 2023
We strive to offer our employees careers that they can be proud of. Thanks for the feedback and for letting us know how much you enjoyed working with XPO!

What is the best part of working at the company?Sometimes you’ll be appreciated for your input. …sometimesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Long hours, little training, insanely toxic work environment, dangerous work environment, etcWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic masculinity abound. Don’t expect to see a single woman anywhere but in the offices. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Pick up heavy object, move heavy object, put down heavy object.

Ambiente stressante

La gente che lavora all'interno del magazzino di logistica si presenta competitiva e per niente sincera.

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay and vacation timeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?At first it the hours because you are on a flex board at first What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great we have good management at our service center What is a typical day like for you at the company?14 hours a day and which is by choice

26 January 2023
We really value your feedback – thanks! We’re thrilled that you enjoy working at XPO.

Ilkeston

Ogólna obecna jako całokształt w XPO logistic ilkeston to dobry z plusem. 98 % Kadry menadżerskiej była świadoma zarządzania. Dwa miesiące pracy w tym magazynie jako Order picker. Wspominam bardzo miło, traktuje tą przygodę jako dobre doświadczenie nabyte w pracy na magazynie. Pozdrawiam Piotr

Pros

Przerwa 0, 5h. Możliwość nadgodzin. Praca z mega doświadczonymi ludźmi 😉

Great

Great work great atmosphere always willing to help on the downside would highly recommend to anyone not familiar with the states or mountains you drive

25 January 2023
Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic experience and benefited from some of the great things about our culture. Keep up the great work!

Fast pace work environment

I have only been here for about 3 weeks but I have learned alot. This job is fast paced, lots of people on the dock at certain times of the day but the day goes by very fast. The process isn’t hard to learn and you do have to think about how to load the trailers efficiently. I was told it’s like playing Tetris and it really is.

Pros

Great pay, fast paced, room to advance in the company

Cons

Short breaks, dealing with temperatures

25 January 2023
Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it! We’re happy to hear you’re thriving at XPO. We work hard at providing a positive work environment for all our employees worldwide and appreciate your contribution to our success.

Trop de turn over

Beaucoup de gens arrivent et repartent aussitôt. Ils ont un réel problème à garder les bons éléments et le salaire vraiment bas pour le travail effectué sauf pour les personnes qui arrivent à bien négocier car ils que leurs recrutement est primordiale pour l'entreprise. (Langue étrangère lu et parlé) Aucune reconnaissance pour les salariés donc entreprise à éviter.

Pros

Carte apetiz

Cons

Aucune reconnaissance pour les salariés

Hard work but the pay is good.

They pay pretty well but be prepared to suffer for it. The dock isn't temperature controlled so it's freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. People are forced to work long hours and overtime doesn't start till after 50 hours. You are expected to work at a frantic pace and will be scolded if you slow down. Very stressful.

24 January 2023
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at XPO?

home daily P&D

Orientation was 1 wk, training was 3 more wks. On the job some support from management but in the end they send you out for home delivery with 48' and 53' trailers. So you have to figure out best route and call customer on your own. Pay is ok 25.50 to start. Been here less than a year looks like quite a bit of turn over.

Pros

home daily

Cons

equipment is all worn out

24 January 2023

Poor management

Good pay poor management. Employees are not held accountable. Management takes things personal and it shows towards the employees. No weekend work which is good

Product and loyd

Very nice place to work very loud nobody listens to nobody a lot of injuries but overall good place all the supervisors have the thumb of the butt hah

23 January 2023
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.

Easy going approach

XPO at Melmerby gave me an opportunity after passing my CAT 1. After a driving assessment I was offered a job and put to work. For the first two weeks I was crewed with an experienced driver who knew my routes, it was a great opportunity to learn the ropes and gain some invaluable knowledge of the job. The office staff are fantastic and always on hand if I have any questions. It's a great environment and they put you at ease. There is some manual work involved, when you arrive at a branch you will unload using pallet trucks and FLT.Overall a great place to work.

Pros

Relaxed environment, decent pay, great office staff.

Cons

Friendly staff, trainers always happy to help out new pass drivers. Management leave you alone, Which is good. Pay ok, all the hours you want or as little as you like

Pros

Relaxed, good staff

Cons

Can be long hours

Excellent company

Great Teamwork but this was a contract no health benefits of bonus Great comunicación with dispatch, good management , traveling all over US for projects.When slow down we sat for days with no work

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Health care

23 January 2023
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?when I clock out to go homeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?everything that happens the minute I clock in until I clock outWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everyone (just about) is clueless as to what is going on. Cant hire dock workers either so they expect everyone else to do itWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?nothing good can be said

23 January 2023
We value your feedback – thanks for letting us know how we can be better.

Senior Management Sucks

Senior management is all about numbers and they don’t care for their employees or owner operators.Would only recommend if you are looking for some experience to boost your career to start in the industry not long term as there is no scope for growth

This was the worst company I have ever worked at in my entire life

Xpo treats their dock workers and drivers like they are irrelevant and don't care if their drivers die because they're forced to run when it isn't safe to do so. As a driver there are as many as 3 separate supervisors actively mad at you for not doing what they want because you're listening to a different one. For 2 years working there I spent on the extra board working 14 hours every day coving all the inbound dock work and doing full routes every day and also being forced to work the weekend if I had enough available dot hours to be forced to run.

Pros

Cons

Literally everything you can imagine

23 January 2023
Thanks for sharing your review. We take all feedback seriously, so your input will help us as we continually improve XPO. We wish you the very best in the future.

Quite easy work, cant complain

Go in work the dockConnect doublesDrive to FACFuelWork dock there/sometimes get a viaDrive back to home terminalBest part of my job is no one is micro managing you

Pros

Very Lenient

Cons

Truck and Dolly searching if your truck is at the shop

23 January 2023
Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.

Love it

Great place to work all around. Mangers are great, co-workers are great, and mentorship is great. Money has been completely life changing. Work hard and you can have whatever you want.

20 January 2023
Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic experience and benefited from some of the great things about our culture. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed working at XPO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• XPO