Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

5 years but no promotion

2 February 2014
We are required to attend a planning meeting before the holidays start and be introduced to the supervisors for the different venues. Gather our t shirts. Be there at 8am everyday and basically there to help the supervisor maintain the childrens behavior and activities for the week. Sometimes if you are there for two whole weeks you may feel a bit stressed, bored or tired. You are allowed to move to a different room to have a break.
Pros
Depending on the activites or venues you get in free. eg: Movies.
Cons
Long hours and Inconsistent promotion to people who have not been there long as I have.
13 December 2017
Same roleSame location
I have been a volunteer with the YMCA for just over a year now. I can honestly say that by working with the YMCA I have gained some incredible experiences that I could not have otherwise. Everyone at the Y is so friendly and welcoming and are more than happy to go out of their way to help you which was amazing! I am still volunteering with YMCA and can see myself doing so for a while.
Pros
Gaining new skills and making connections with others
Cons
N/a
23 July 2017
Same role
Helped children complete homework after school.
Basic skills needed as the children are all in elementary school.

Lack of organization in the management team.
14 October 2019
Same location
YMCA was a good place to learn how to work in a team and being active. I was actually a voluntary leader and spend most of the time looking after children.