Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Fun Work Place

17 April 2013
I really enjoyed the customer aspect of the job not so much the hours as i didnt get to see my children as often. I learned how to use the register and checkout section.
Pros
a job
Cons
difficult work hours
9 March 2017
Same location
Crèche Supervisor (Former Employee) - New Plymouth, Taranaki
This was my favourite place to work. It was childcare with pretiest kids in YMCA. Where I was to get the Supervisor position. It was sad that I had to leave because we were shifting.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
less hours
7 October 2020
Coordinator and tutor for young mothers and babies (Former Employee) - Marton
Would not recommend. They do not value their workers. Very sloppy management. Very unprofessional at the front of desk through to reception. Big empty unkept buildings
Cons
I had to supply furnature and toy's, plus teaching aids, Not supported by management, Management did not lodge teaching certificate that was gained, This will need to be resat due to this.
14 June 2020
Team Leader (Former Employee) - Tokoroa, Waikato
I enjoyed working there .. and worked there for a few yrs .. sadly had an issue with one of the managements grandkids that attended (she was one of these ones who had probs with authority and had a smart mouth (rude etc) and told staff that she didnt have to do anything we asked as her nanna was one of the boss's there) and caused probs with staff most of the staff left because of her (was south waikato) but most of the job was good some great activities , trips and fun and seeing the kids grow in all ways and some shy kids come out of their shells is the bonus and main goal I did the holiday programme 7am - 5:30 but they often had some staff that would come in at 10 and work till 3 (part timers or those fitting in with committments) I did the holiday programme and ran the before school programme too (that started at 6 am and we took the kids to the school to drop off and picked most of them up at 3 if the parents didnt) so that ran from 6- 9 am and then after school programme was 2:30pm - 5:30 (but a few of us had to wait till last pick up which was often 6pm)
Pros
exciting trips and activities, meeting and seeing kids grow, making new friends etc
Cons
the rare time you may get a difficult child (doesnt happen much at all), or parent you just have to learn to deal with them