Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

was pretty good

14 June 2020
I enjoyed working there .. and worked there for a few yrs .. sadly had an issue with one of the managements grandkids that attended (she was one of these ones who had probs with authority and had a smart mouth (rude etc) and told staff that she didnt have to do anything we asked as her nanna was one of the boss's there) and caused probs with staff

most of the staff left because of her (was south waikato)

but most of the job was good some great activities , trips and fun and seeing the kids grow in all ways and some shy kids come out of their shells is the bonus and main goal I did the holiday programme 7am - 5:30 but they often had some staff that would come in at 10 and work till 3 (part timers or those fitting in with committments)

I did the holiday programme and ran the before school programme too (that started at 6 am and we took the kids to the school to drop off and picked most of them up at 3 if the parents didnt) so that ran from 6- 9 am and then after school programme was 2:30pm - 5:30 (but a few of us had to wait till last pick up which was often 6pm)
Pros
exciting trips and activities, meeting and seeing kids grow, making new friends etc
Cons
the rare time you may get a difficult child (doesnt happen much at all), or parent you just have to learn to deal with them
13 April 2017
Same location
Operations Manager (Former Employee) - Tokoroa, Waikato
Was the CEO of this organisations, resigned due to Board of Directors bullying culture, plus Board not knowing what their role was within the organisation they were there there to govern not to be involved in the operational workings of the organisation.
Pros
Great community organisation
13 August 2015
Same location
Volunteer (Former Employee) - Tokoroa Waikato
volunteering at the ymca made me gain friendship with all types of different people as well as managing my communication skills, i worked with varies of students aswell as sports managers ect, i really enjoyed my time volunteering for this company.
Pros
free lunchs
7 October 2020
Coordinator and tutor for young mothers and babies (Former Employee) - Marton
Would not recommend. They do not value their workers. Very sloppy management. Very unprofessional at the front of desk through to reception. Big empty unkept buildings
Cons
I had to supply furnature and toy's, plus teaching aids, Not supported by management, Management did not lodge teaching certificate that was gained, This will need to be resat due to this.