Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

YMCA chilcare

9 March 2017
This was my favourite place to work. It was childcare with pretiest kids in YMCA. Where I was to get the Supervisor position. It was sad that I had to leave because we were shifting.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
less hours
18 December 2013
Same role
Oscar Childcare Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) - Invercargill, S
Love my job, awesome friendly fun environment that is forever changing.
Very rewarding to see children's confidence increase and them feel they belong.

Job title is extensive, a lot of parents need someone to talk to in regards to parenting and you end up becoming their advisor, social worker and councillor all rolled into one.

Always challenging keeping the children actively engaged and entertained.
Pros
Learn new skills and forever challenging yourself
Cons
No work during school holidays
17 April 2013
Same location
Receptionist/administator (Former Employee) - New Plymouth Taranaki
I really enjoyed the customer aspect of the job not so much the hours as i didnt get to see my children as often. I learned how to use the register and checkout section.
Pros
a job
Cons
difficult work hours
14 June 2020
Team Leader (Former Employee) - Tokoroa, Waikato
I enjoyed working there .. and worked there for a few yrs .. sadly had an issue with one of the managements grandkids that attended (she was one of these ones who had probs with authority and had a smart mouth (rude etc) and told staff that she didnt have to do anything we asked as her nanna was one of the boss's there) and caused probs with staff

most of the staff left because of her (was south waikato)

but most of the job was good some great activities , trips and fun and seeing the kids grow in all ways and some shy kids come out of their shells is the bonus and main goal I did the holiday programme 7am - 5:30 but they often had some staff that would come in at 10 and work till 3 (part timers or those fitting in with committments)

I did the holiday programme and ran the before school programme too (that started at 6 am and we took the kids to the school to drop off and picked most of them up at 3 if the parents didnt) so that ran from 6- 9 am and then after school programme was 2:30pm - 5:30 (but a few of us had to wait till last pick up which was often 6pm)
Pros
exciting trips and activities, meeting and seeing kids grow, making new friends etc
Cons
the rare time you may get a difficult child (doesnt happen much at all), or parent you just have to learn to deal with them