Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

YMCA Employee Reviews for Instructor

Instructor2 reviews
New Zealand2 reviews
Stunning environment, enjoyable but tough place to work.
Working for the YMCA has been great but very tough at the same time. My average day started at 9 am and i finished at 8 pm long days most days. The setting tho was beautiful and I really liked the people I worked with. My instructor manager was fantastic and very approachable having said that the higher management were very hard to please and tough to read. I pride myself on working hard so I found this quite difficult to handle and times.
Pros
amazing place, made lots of lifelong friends
Cons
Higher management
productive and fun workplace
I really enjoyed working at the ymca as I did a variety of activities I worked in the gym , I worked with children and youth and all ages as a matter of fact. I found this job to be very rewarding and a great experience with an opportunity to advance learn and gain .. I also worked with the IHC as part of my job which I found very rewarding and I learned to have empathy for these people and became very fond of them , I think they also knew that I cared for them and respected them despite their obvious ailments .. I related well with my co workers , sometimes there was opportunities for team work which I enjoyed .. ..
Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.
12.4K