Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from YMCA:

YMCA Employee Reviews for Instructor

Instructor2 reviews
New Zealand2 reviews
Working for the YMCA has been great but very tough at the same time. My average day started at 9 am and i finished at 8 pm long days most days. The setting tho was beautiful and I really liked the people I worked with. My instructor manager was fantastic and very approachable having said that the higher management were very hard to please and tough to read. I pride myself on working hard so I found this quite difficult to handle and times.
Pros
amazing place, made lots of lifelong friends
Cons
Higher management
I really enjoyed working at the ymca as I did a variety of activities I worked in the gym , I worked with children and youth and all ages as a matter of fact. I found this job to be very rewarding and a great experience with an opportunity to advance learn and gain .. I also worked with the IHC as part of my job which I found very rewarding and I learned to have empathy for these people and became very fond of them , I think they also knew that I cared for them and respected them despite their obvious ailments .. I related well with my co workers , sometimes there was opportunities for team work which I enjoyed .. ..