Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from YMCA:

YMCA Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Team Leader1 review
New Zealand1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
I enjoyed working there .. and worked there for a few yrs .. sadly had an issue with one of the managements grandkids that attended (she was one of these ones who had probs with authority and had a smart mouth (rude etc) and told staff that she didnt have to do anything we asked as her nanna was one of the boss's there) and caused probs with staff

most of the staff left because of her (was south waikato)

but most of the job was good some great activities , trips and fun and seeing the kids grow in all ways and some shy kids come out of their shells is the bonus and main goal I did the holiday programme 7am - 5:30 but they often had some staff that would come in at 10 and work till 3 (part timers or those fitting in with committments)

I did the holiday programme and ran the before school programme too (that started at 6 am and we took the kids to the school to drop off and picked most of them up at 3 if the parents didnt) so that ran from 6- 9 am and then after school programme was 2:30pm - 5:30 (but a few of us had to wait till last pick up which was often 6pm)
Pros
exciting trips and activities, meeting and seeing kids grow, making new friends etc
Cons
the rare time you may get a difficult child (doesnt happen much at all), or parent you just have to learn to deal with them
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at YMCA?