YMCA Management reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 27,054 reviews
Great environment
Volunteer Homework Club Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Canterbury23 July 2017
Helped children complete homework after school.
Basic skills needed as the children are all in elementary school.
Lack of organization in the management team.
Rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tokoroa, Waikato13 April 2017
Was the CEO of this organisations, resigned due to Board of Directors bullying culture, plus Board not knowing what their role was within the organisation they were there there to govern not to be involved in the operational workings of the organisation.
Pros
Great community organisation
Cons
Stunning environment, enjoyable but tough place to work.
Outdoor instructor (Former Employee) –  Lake County23 March 2017
Working for the YMCA has been great but very tough at the same time. My average day started at 9 am and i finished at 8 pm long days most days. The setting tho was beautiful and I really liked the people I worked with. My instructor manager was fantastic and very approachable having said that the higher management were very hard to please and tough to read. I pride myself on working hard so I found this quite difficult to handle and times.
Pros
amazing place, made lots of lifelong friends
Cons
Higher management
Fun workplace
Volunteer Holiday Programme (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N1 February 2015
We had a roster, delegated to different age groups and activities, I was delegated to in-house all the time until my last day. I learned how to play a few games, how be firm but assertive towards kids as they do not tend to listen, how to interact with kids and boost people to try new things. Management was lovely. Co-workers were cool. There wasn't really a hard part of the job, but enjoyed it working there.
Fun, Busy, Rewarding workplace
Holiday Programme Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton25 June 2013
A typical day @ work involved beyond friendly co-workers that were kind to me since day one, fun activities (unorganized and organised eg. free time and set activities from leaders) eating, laughing, fun.
I learned patience, to be understanding and fair and to be loving and kind that kids and people in general need to be listened to and everyone loves someone they can laugh and have fun with. Also, consistency. To be you and not change values or rules.
Management sometimes wasn't organised but I know she did her best with what she could and sometimes we were short-staffed. I'm grateful that she always called me first. My co-workers were choice, always nice to me, taught me and included me.
Hardest Part of the job would of been being professional and not treating the kids too much like little siblings and also being stuck in the YMCA stadium all day with all the centres being inside, having that for 8 hours was crazy.
Most enjoyable part of the job would of been the affection you get from the kids, when they draw you pictures, make a beeline for you for a hug or hold your hand. Also the field trips for sure! getting to go to places like Kelly Tarlton's or Rainbows End, mean as.
Pros
Field trips, Friendships, Activities
Cons
Long Hours, Stuck in the same venue, got boring sometimes, not allowed movies in the arvo (chill out time)