YMCA Employee Review

Stunning environment, enjoyable but tough place to work.
Outdoor instructor (Former Employee) –  Lake County23 March 2017
Working for the YMCA has been great but very tough at the same time. My average day started at 9 am and i finished at 8 pm long days most days. The setting tho was beautiful and I really liked the people I worked with. My instructor manager was fantastic and very approachable having said that the higher management were very hard to please and tough to read. I pride myself on working hard so I found this quite difficult to handle and times.
Pros
amazing place, made lots of lifelong friends
Cons
Higher management

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

Encouraged diversity, personal growth and a real team environment.
OSCAR leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton City, Waikato6 June 2019
While working for the YMCA we were always encouraged to uphold the four YMCA values responsibility, respect, caring and honesty. Even after leaving this job, I continue to carry out these values in my day to day life.
By working for the YMCA I learned that it is okay to ask for help and step in when you see someone else struggling. I enjoyed working with a diverse range of people from any different cultures and of many different ages.
Not having a set number of guaranteed hours every week was a struggle.
People good, bringing them into the 20th century was a good challenge
ICT Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland16 July 2018
Was a 6 month contract to sort out and simplify there infrastructure.
This was extended to 2.5 years, in this time systems and processes were put in place to allow them to easily integrate new business units into the YMCA portfolio
Pros
People
Cons
No clear direction from CEO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

511.4K