YMCA Employee Review

Fun workplace
Volunteer Holiday Programme (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N1 February 2015
We had a roster, delegated to different age groups and activities, I was delegated to in-house all the time until my last day. I learned how to play a few games, how be firm but assertive towards kids as they do not tend to listen, how to interact with kids and boost people to try new things. Management was lovely. Co-workers were cool. There wasn't really a hard part of the job, but enjoyed it working there.

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

A fun and productive work place
Leader (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury14 October 2019
YMCA was a good place to learn how to work in a team and being active. I was actually a voluntary leader and spend most of the time looking after children.
Encouraged diversity, personal growth and a real team environment.
OSCAR leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton City, Waikato6 June 2019
While working for the YMCA we were always encouraged to uphold the four YMCA values responsibility, respect, caring and honesty. Even after leaving this job, I continue to carry out these values in my day to day life.
By working for the YMCA I learned that it is okay to ask for help and step in when you see someone else struggling. I enjoyed working with a diverse range of people from any different cultures and of many different ages.
Not having a set number of guaranteed hours every week was a struggle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

511.4K