Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

very out going and productive

10 May 2017
i didn't work there, i only helped out by volunteering for Raise up and Represent for 32.5 hours as a hp leader at the ymca.

there was a lot of actives
Pros
everyone helps each other
Cons
cant think of one
28 July 2013
Same location
Finance Manager (Current Employee) - Tauranga, N
This position has suited me for the past 4 years with young children and the variety of work involved with this position.
10 September 2012
Same location
student doing workplace computing and admins (Former Employee) - Devonport Rd Tauranga
The people here are a very friendly bunch and we all work together as a family. Everyone helps each other out and will go the extra mile to achieve a happier workplace.
Pros
rec days and sharesd lunches
Cons
not enough time to complete all units necessary to achieve a certificate
14 June 2020
Team Leader (Former Employee) - Tokoroa, Waikato
I enjoyed working there .. and worked there for a few yrs .. sadly had an issue with one of the managements grandkids that attended (she was one of these ones who had probs with authority and had a smart mouth (rude etc) and told staff that she didnt have to do anything we asked as her nanna was one of the boss's there) and caused probs with staff

most of the staff left because of her (was south waikato)

but most of the job was good some great activities , trips and fun and seeing the kids grow in all ways and some shy kids come out of their shells is the bonus and main goal I did the holiday programme 7am - 5:30 but they often had some staff that would come in at 10 and work till 3 (part timers or those fitting in with committments)

I did the holiday programme and ran the before school programme too (that started at 6 am and we took the kids to the school to drop off and picked most of them up at 3 if the parents didnt) so that ran from 6- 9 am and then after school programme was 2:30pm - 5:30 (but a few of us had to wait till last pick up which was often 6pm)
Pros
exciting trips and activities, meeting and seeing kids grow, making new friends etc
Cons
the rare time you may get a difficult child (doesnt happen much at all), or parent you just have to learn to deal with them