YMCA Employee Review

Fun, Busy, Rewarding workplace
Holiday Programme Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton25 June 2013
A typical day @ work involved beyond friendly co-workers that were kind to me since day one, fun activities (unorganized and organised eg. free time and set activities from leaders) eating, laughing, fun.
I learned patience, to be understanding and fair and to be loving and kind that kids and people in general need to be listened to and everyone loves someone they can laugh and have fun with. Also, consistency. To be you and not change values or rules.
Management sometimes wasn't organised but I know she did her best with what she could and sometimes we were short-staffed. I'm grateful that she always called me first. My co-workers were choice, always nice to me, taught me and included me.
Hardest Part of the job would of been being professional and not treating the kids too much like little siblings and also being stuck in the YMCA stadium all day with all the centres being inside, having that for 8 hours was crazy.
Most enjoyable part of the job would of been the affection you get from the kids, when they draw you pictures, make a beeline for you for a hug or hold your hand. Also the field trips for sure! getting to go to places like Kelly Tarlton's or Rainbows End, mean as.
Pros
Field trips, Friendships, Activities
Cons
Long Hours, Stuck in the same venue, got boring sometimes, not allowed movies in the arvo (chill out time)

Other YMCA Employee Reviews

Fun place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New Zealand25 November 2019
The Most enjoyable part of the job was stripping and making the beds
the most difficult job was getting told 3 different things at once
workplace is always spotless clean
Fun, relaxing
OSCA Leader (Former Employee) –  moved around18 November 2019
Job was fun, went to many different places and met a lot of new people. I learned plenty about child care, management was caring and understanding, the workplace culture is very much one for all and all for one, the Job can be boring at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

511.6K