Youi Insurance Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand27 January 2016
Fantastic place to work and grow as a sales advisor. Lots of benefits. Teaches you how to objection handle, management is the best part with lots of perks.
I didn't enjoy this workplace
Sales Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Zealand15 December 2015
The company was sold to me at interview time. I was told of all the perks but none of the disadvantages. I was told I would earn a base salary and commission but they don't actually pay commission. They "pay" a performance based salary which is based on a number of measures. You can make money on one measure but lose it on another. The system works for some but doesn't appear to work for most with the majority of staff only being paid the base salary each fortnight. I have always been above base (only slightly) but am not a top seller. To be at the very top you would need to be comfortable selling non compliantly or without morals. Although the company says it doesn't pressure sell there is a very fine line between pressuring a client and not and as the sales floor does not make clients aware of optional extras such as accidental damage it's very possible clients may not be happy at claim time when they assume they are covered for things they aren't.
It's a draining job with long hours and no overtime pay. You will be constantly 'coached' which can be good but after you are built up you may feel torn down by management if you don't sell enough.
Staff seem stressed and under pressure. The company runs frequent competitions to try to keep up moral.
The PBS system is hard to follow at first. Some parts of it seem rather unfair such as being penalized for clients canceling policies for reasons outside the sales advisors control. Reasons such as 'didn't purchase the car' or 'due to bad publicity'. Staff are also charged $10 if they miss a phone call. Don't make
  more... any appointments after work because if the phone rings at 5:59pm you have to answer it and could be staying back for another hour or more.
The company does offer a nice building to work in, free fruit and coffee and a pool table to use on breaks. Staff are supportive of each other which is nice but they are all in the same boat so understand whats going on.
Pros
Nice staff members.
Cons
No overtime pay. PBS payment system. A lot of pressure.