Youi Insurance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Youi Insurance Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Workplace

Team Leader was great and so was my Ops Manager but the work life balance was not ideal and although there were benefits the more you earned them the more the company would come up with reasons to take all of that away from you.

Great culture great people

I've worked at Youi, for 2 years, it's has been a amazing journey, with some truly wonderful people, I've always felt supported and encouraged and have always had the training to excel in any department available to me, the 4 weeks training was excellent and all the HR team are such a joy to converse with and help you along, there was alot to learn at first but after a period it all beds in and things flow more easily, my journey with Youi has been a good one and it's change me in a positive way...

Pros

Prizes, social great work culture, room for advancement and training.

Cons

Call centres are very noisy and loud and it can be challenging with some customers

Dope place to work

Was a cool fast paced highly competitive environment... team leaders micro manage to ensure success...working hours were great allowed for time with family ot hobbies.. Pay used to be fantastic 30k+ now its impossible to make over 20k and company has high staff turn over.. no job security

Pros

Great environment. Best sales training

Cons

No job security, issue warnings like nothing, random drug tests

Fun workplace with great incentives

Youi is a wonderful place to work. The culture and atmosphere makes going to work each day easy. You can move between departments to expand your knowledge for the company. As fun as it is, you definitely need a strong mindset to be successful as it can be mentally tough.

Management are made up of muppets who have no skills in managing people.

Unless you want to be mentally abused and told lies all the time or are so desperate for a job that you'd do anything...... DONT GO HERE. WORST CULTURE of a company I have ever worked for. Middle management lie and are corrupt.

Alright

I miss working at youi because it was a good job, I got bullied and harassed relentlessly when I worked there. I feel robbed that the only option I felt I had was to quit. I was told to take my own life and took days off work to avoid the interactions. But the company is good and they do there best. It’s a shame I had to leave a job I saw as a career because I was harassed badly. I miss working there but I do not miss the bullying. but I do

Great people and good place to start

Working in the S.A. call centre for Youi is great, but unfortunately the company is slowly scaling down and reducing staff and salaries. It's a great place to learn alot about the industry, and you learn what international companies are doing well.

on the go

damage vehicle assessment at specific panel shops client contact on the spot book vehicle in liase with panel shop manager follow through with repair process lots of travel

Pros

company vehicle

You won’t regret it

I will forever love youi and the company values it had. I had no expierience coming into the role and I learnt so much. I truly don’t have a bad word to say I wish I was able to still be working there but unfortunately they only have the 1 hq and I’m now interstate

Fun work environment

Great people to work with, supportive and cares about your wellbeing. Young workforce thriving with energy and enthusiasm. Hours are great. Plenty of secured parking. Fun company to work for. Can get stressful from time to time.

People are great. Support and training available

Values based organisation. Focus on staff well being and fun. Exception culture. Great work environment, alĺ new high tech facilities. 80 million dollar building with all the mods.

Pros

Great workplace

Cons

Rotating shirts

Exciting Company

Great company to develop your competitive selling skill sets Amazing culture and vibe Amazing managers and team leaders Salary a bit low, but very good benefits for parents

Friendly Folk but Leadership Lacks Direction

During my 5 years I have had just about as many roles and teams. Fellow workers are super friendly and passionate but the leadership is inexperienced, unapproachable and completely directionless. Technology stances have varied from strict .Net, Xamarin and Azure through Javascript via Angular 1 - 6, passing by Python and, at last glance some form of VueJS with a promise of AWS. I have been told my team is being broken-up and a few days later told they're staying as-is and then a week or so later the team was dissolved. You will almost certainly end-up doing something other than what you were hired for and your career path is very unclear. No training is provided to IT staff; you have to sort that out yourself. The latter being more taxing as you simply can't tell what skills will be needed next.

Pros

Good work/life balance. Generous amount of leave. Great fellow workers.

Cons

No IT Training, Assigned Job Other than what you Signed-Up For, No Technical Direction, Averse to new ideas

It's all fun and games 'til it's not.

What seems shiny and fun becomes a very poor culture when you actually need to raise serious issues. Opportunities exist if you're at the top or want t progress from the sales floor.

Pros

good physical fitness program

Cons

i would say failure to provide a mentally healthy workplace

Good hours. Good money. Growth limited

Over all good company to work for.. Management always assisted with further skills training and took an intrest in my personal life. Sadly i had left to open a transport business that did not work out well.

Pros

Good hours and high salary

Cons

Growth is limited

fun workplace

Excellent company culture, safe working environment, my friends, mates and colleagues at work. Great Managers and workplace environment, working on NZ public holidays!

Pros

free lunches

Cons

call audits

Overall Experience at Youi

Youi was an amazing company to work for being in customer services. I admired the companies efforts to ensure employees were happy in the workplace. Youi had amazing culture being on the Sunshine Coast it was a more relaxed environment. Hardest part of the job was the pressure from management to make sales when it was not in the job description and did not get praise for providing customer service as opposed to when we made a sale.

Pros

Relaxed environment

Cons

Pressure from management

Fun place to work if you're a 'yes man' and like ripping people off

Absolutely unqualified operations and team managers. I don't know how much gets to the CEO, but the issues need to be addressed. You are not allowed to ask questions or point our errors and any attempt to do so is quickly dismissed. Even after the royal commission, Youi is still finding ways to be leading to its customers. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IF YOU HAVE ANY MORALS.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

terrible managers and systems used there.

My Worklife in a Nutshell

Everyday at my Previous work was such a blessing. The Vibe,the friendly people and just the Environment as a whole made my work life a pleasurable one. :-) I learnt a lot from different people,from Advisors to Management level and gained experience. Knowledge is Power and I believe I have the abilities to work under pressure and give off my best in any situation.

Pros

The Awesome Incentives has driven us to Excel

Cons

Pay structure changes

Dynamic Enviroment

A typical day at Youi included coaching, audits, and people management. The management are nice people that encourage growth. The culture are work was taken very seriously and strive to make things better and want to know what can be done better. Again, being able to make a difference in peoples day to day at work within the customer care space.

Good product, hairy delivery

Phone calls and lots of them, daily targets and competitive environment, they push you to succeed but when you do its followed by a LOT of pressure to maintain it.

Pros

rewards and fun interactive team building activities

Cons

no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youi Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Youi Insurance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?