Z Energy Employee Reviews

Somewhat stressful and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whangaparaoa, Auckland31 August 2019
The job itself was alright, but the management of the company was not really efficient. It was nice to interact with the customers, but there were a few stressful moments to deal with. Sometimes you had to work overtime which was more than 40 hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Productive and fun workplace
Retail representitive (Former Employee) –  Whakatane, Bay of Plenty21 July 2019
I liked the responsibilities that i was given this gave me more insight of how a bussiness operates. I was treated well in my role. I had concerns for my safety during the night shift but i was able to over come the obstacles by making connection to other employees and finding a way to resolve the issue.
Pros
Upskill in retail
Cons
Good hours
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Taipa29 May 2019
Great to pick up ur customer service and mania. Great to meat new people and help others. Good to serve people with a %100 attitude and fufulling there day with a smile and great service
Pros
Good to network
Cons
Heaps of work
Fun and exciting workplace
Cashier and Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland14 May 2019
I enjoyed meeting new people everyday. Always had fun working at the site I was allocated to because the staff there were all friendly. My boss would always drop in to see how I was doing which made me feel at comfortable.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
pay rate is really low, no bonuses
Consistent and interesting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato9 April 2019
Amazing place to work, customers are the highlight, many work benefits such as free fire extinguisher and first aid training. Learn many things about servicing cars and pumping fuel. Loving work place
Pros
Great energy at work
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Masterton District, Wellington21 March 2019
Awesome place to grow. The staff and management are friendly. They are also family orientated. Overall great place to work awesome communication with the owners also.
Pros
Always learning new things
Cons
Long hours of standing
Good company
Central Regional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington21 July 2018
Good management, good company to work, very flexible work lifestyle, forward thinking, good work place culture, staff seems to be happy, some employees have been more than 20 years.
Fun place
Forecourt Attendant (Former Employee) –  Balclutha, Otago15 April 2018
Was great company to work for. No two days the same. About what to do in a robbery.Making fun of the weather to make my customers feel they were important.
fast paced, multi-tasking enviroment
Assistant Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty25 March 2018
Everyday was different which was always fun and exciting you get to meet a very diverse bunch of people and even become quite close to regular customers in forming relationships with them

I thoroughly enjoyed the different atmospheres and the different staff members i worked with

I learnt that i have quite a lot of patience especially when it came to teaching new staff members their different roles in the industry and even helping old team members in showing them different techniques i had learnt whilst being in the business
only work place no family life
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 March 2018
this is not good company for work.

its only work place no family life or job assignment.

what they Promised not fulfilling as per Contract

also students working long hours
Great Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato24 February 2018
It was a great place to work with good work ethics focusing customer excellence and satisfaction. Working as an operational Manager and handling many sites at the same time, it never felt hard due to the seniors support and team combined effort.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Learnt about people an culture of working in NZ
Wellington as Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harbour City Wellington6 February 2018
First job in wellington, learnt about -Customer Service.
Staying polite and calm even when you are tensed.
Working in long shifts.
Deal with different types of people.
Fun
Barista (Current Employee) –  Turangi, Waikato22 January 2018
I love working with z the mangers are awesome and team mates are easy going, safe working environment. Great pay and always teach you great skills, best people to work for.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Fortnightly pay
very stressful n no nice team work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington8 November 2017
it was a very stressful and under appreciated job to work for, no one listens n all they care for is coffee sales. it feels like everyone is fighting for the hours.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours standing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington31 May 2017
Best company with freindly atmosphere. Baing foods, Being barista. Talking face to face with customers. Meeeting new friends which are customers and our co workers too. Making friends from our city like the cutomers and everybody knows you, whenyou are out. Most of all, Everybody RESPECTS you.
Pros
Very Friendly Management, Allowances, Incentives.
Very productive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Z Woolston9 March 2017
Very exciting interacting with the new people and very good learning experience.Having great fun with the team...the best experience how to attract the customers and upsaling the goods with very good promotions.
Pros
Very competitive
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland5 March 2017
Well one thing I can say about this company is they are about new Zealand there is no doubt ,they are well into the community when it comes to good in the hood and another community stuff ,staff are lovely an helpful
Pros
No but your own lunch
cash handling, helping custmers
Site Leader (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland8 February 2017
In a typical day i fullfiled the tasks of easy and quick transactions for customer, Solving problems. Providing staff training and rosters management.
Great people and work placement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ngaruawahia Hamilton18 January 2017
I found working with the staff was a great experience, with the help of my employer I gained my certificate in retail and also did my first aid and fire certificate
Z Energy is a professional, exciting, vibrant and fun company, a world class company.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand5 October 2016
My role and function at Z Energy was senior Project manager within the retail assets PMO team based in Wellington.

My responsibilities and accountabilities as project manager was to successfully deliver the retail asset programme to include the construction of new build and knock down and rebuild fuel service stations.