Z Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Z Energy Employee Reviews

New Zealand46 reviews
Easy to work
Z has been an easy job, as long as you take care of everyone's safety and follow the protocols there are no issues.
the management has been transparent about the opportunities and i have thoroughly enjoyed working here.
Good experience for people learning customer service
Over all great work conditions. Lots of training and safety issues.
Meet local customers and they become "sticky raving fans" as we call them at Z.

Met new people and learn new skills.
Fun workplace
Play hard work hard. Great people, enjoyable work environment, flexible work style New Zealand company with an encompassing Kiwi culture. Loved the time there!
Workplace culture
Good job for students, but Lack of career progression.
Good for people on a visa.

You meet people from all walks of life,

And make some good connections.
treated like dirt
overall incompetent bullying management who only concern is money not staff, staff treated badly after CHCH quake, i know that was a long time ago but still same management in place. staff who lost job because of quake given no redundancy payments, poor staff communication . most customers OK became friends with some of them only for them to be treated badly by other staff.
A good company
It's a good company glad to be a part of them thank you. Management was great as well as work colleagues.I highly recommended it to friends. Overall it was a good job.
Productive work place
There's never nothing to do and time passes by really fast and the environment is pretty chill and the interactions you have with people are cool and Amazing.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Long Shift
Somewhat stressful and fun workplace
The job itself was alright, but the management of the company was not really efficient. It was nice to interact with the customers, but there were a few stressful moments to deal with. Sometimes you had to work overtime which was more than 40 hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Productive and fun workplace
I liked the responsibilities that i was given this gave me more insight of how a bussiness operates. I was treated well in my role. I had concerns for my safety during the night shift but i was able to over come the obstacles by making connection to other employees and finding a way to resolve the issue.
Pros
Upskill in retail
Cons
Good hours
Fun place to work
Great to pick up ur customer service and mania. Great to meat new people and help others. Good to serve people with a %100 attitude and fufulling there day with a smile and great service
Pros
Good to network
Cons
Heaps of work
Fun and exciting workplace
I enjoyed meeting new people everyday. Always had fun working at the site I was allocated to because the staff there were all friendly. My boss would always drop in to see how I was doing which made me feel at comfortable.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
pay rate is really low, no bonuses
Consistent and interesting workplace
Amazing place to work, customers are the highlight, many work benefits such as free fire extinguisher and first aid training. Learn many things about servicing cars and pumping fuel. Loving work place
Pros
Great energy at work
Fun place to work
Awesome place to grow. The staff and management are friendly. They are also family orientated. Overall great place to work awesome communication with the owners also.
Pros
Always learning new things
Cons
Long hours of standing
Good company
Good management, good company to work, very flexible work lifestyle, forward thinking, good work place culture, staff seems to be happy, some employees have been more than 20 years.
Fun place
Was great company to work for. No two days the same. About what to do in a robbery.Making fun of the weather to make my customers feel they were important.
fast paced, multi-tasking enviroment
Everyday was different which was always fun and exciting you get to meet a very diverse bunch of people and even become quite close to regular customers in forming relationships with them

I thoroughly enjoyed the different atmospheres and the different staff members i worked with

I learnt that i have quite a lot of patience especially when it came to teaching new staff members their different roles in the industry and even helping old team members in showing them different techniques i had learnt whilst being in the business
only work place no family life
this is not good company for work.

its only work place no family life or job assignment.

what they Promised not fulfilling as per Contract

also students working long hours
Great Workplace
It was a great place to work with good work ethics focusing customer excellence and satisfaction. Working as an operational Manager and handling many sites at the same time, it never felt hard due to the seniors support and team combined effort.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Learnt about people an culture of working in NZ
First job in wellington, learnt about -Customer Service.
Staying polite and calm even when you are tensed.

Working in long shifts.

Deal with different types of people.
Fun
I love working with z the mangers are awesome and team mates are easy going, safe working environment. Great pay and always teach you great skills, best people to work for.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Fortnightly pay
very stressful n no nice team work
it was a very stressful and under appreciated job to work for, no one listens n all they care for is coffee sales. it feels like everyone is fighting for the hours.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours standing