Z Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Z Energy Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Productive and interesting workplace.
I am working on weekends and covering shifts of staff. I had learned a lot from this organisation like teamwork, how to manage work and time, punctuality and others. I am working with people who belong to different ethnicity but never had a complaint from anyone about my behaviour. I can't find any difficulty at my work place because we divide our work with in our co-workers we help each other to complete the task and all know the meaning of Teamwork. So we find our work place quite interesting and learn a lot from it.
Pros
Free coffee
treated like dirt
overall incompetent bullying management who only concern is money not staff, staff treated badly after CHCH quake, i know that was a long time ago but still same management in place. staff who lost job because of quake given no redundancy payments, poor staff communication . most customers OK became friends with some of them only for them to be treated badly by other staff.
Easy to learn, bowling nights throughout the year
Showing up either in the morning for opening, or later afternoon for closing, I soon became knowledgeable in cash-handling, general house keeping, stock replenishment. I soon then became responsible to teaching trainees. Hardest part of the job, was the amount of hours I sometimes had to do, when I had to cover for someone. The most enjoyable part, was talking to a customer (when I didn't have other customers) about something interesting the mentioned while I served them.
Pros
Asked for certain hours, they provided.
Cons
Was faulted for customers mistakes