Z Energy Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Somewhat stressful and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whangaparaoa, Auckland31 August 2019
The job itself was alright, but the management of the company was not really efficient. It was nice to interact with the customers, but there were a few stressful moments to deal with. Sometimes you had to work overtime which was more than 40 hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Consistent and interesting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato9 April 2019
Amazing place to work, customers are the highlight, many work benefits such as free fire extinguisher and first aid training. Learn many things about servicing cars and pumping fuel. Loving work place
Pros
Great energy at work
only work place no family life
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 March 2018
this is not good company for work.

its only work place no family life or job assignment.

what they Promised not fulfilling as per Contract

also students working long hours
Learnt about people an culture of working in NZ
Wellington as Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harbour City Wellington6 February 2018
First job in wellington, learnt about -Customer Service.
Staying polite and calm even when you are tensed.
Working in long shifts.
Deal with different types of people.
very stressful n no nice team work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington8 November 2017
it was a very stressful and under appreciated job to work for, no one listens n all they care for is coffee sales. it feels like everyone is fighting for the hours.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours standing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington31 May 2017
Best company with freindly atmosphere. Baing foods, Being barista. Talking face to face with customers. Meeeting new friends which are customers and our co workers too. Making friends from our city like the cutomers and everybody knows you, whenyou are out. Most of all, Everybody RESPECTS you.
Pros
Very Friendly Management, Allowances, Incentives.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland5 March 2017
Well one thing I can say about this company is they are about new Zealand there is no doubt ,they are well into the community when it comes to good in the hood and another community stuff ,staff are lovely an helpful
Pros
No but your own lunch
Cons
Great people and work placement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ngaruawahia Hamilton18 January 2017
I found working with the staff was a great experience, with the help of my employer I gained my certificate in retail and also did my first aid and fire certificate
Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanson30 August 2016
In the 18 months I worked there I learnt a lot of valuable skills, I had a lot of really good support from a couple of my co-workers to learn from. A typical day at work would of been serving customers, helping dispense fuel, giving customers advice about correct oil type for their vehicle, also ordering stock and doing regular stocktakes, merchandising and promotional stands. Also I was responsible for food handling and making customer coffees. Hardest part of the job was having to work with difficult team members and the most enjoyable was helping those who need you the most.
Pros
Free coffees
Cons
Weekend work and extra hours
fun and work
awosome job
i learn customer service
time and quick management
my co worker more educated and more experience
hardest part drunk customer
enjoyable part team work
Pros
work alone
Cons
long shift
awsome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland10 May 2016
it was nice place to work and learn different kind off things, i had good time. i worked there more then 1 year, so meet so many kind of people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
very long hours
stressed out anf fried their brain our for some
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington10 March 2016
always pushing sales and giving unreasonable number to achieve in real life. and then never appreciation from anyone. always criticizing this is not done or that need to be taken care too. enjoyable part was when u go home. never been out with staff to get to know them better.
Pros
same shift everyday
Cons
sometimes have to stay back.
Productive and fun place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland2 March 2016
Great place to start off and get good customer service representative experience with them. Heaps to learn about the fuel and retailing business side operating in Nea Zealand.
Pros
secure employment
Cons
not enough room for promotion or advancement
Fun working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand3 February 2016
- I've worked for the station for more then a year and all over my experience is good. Most of the co-workers I worked with were so good. They showed me the way of working and made my self comfortable. I enjoyed the busy morning at work and customers know you are busy and still you make them happy without making any mistake that is the most awesome part. The one thing I heat is poor communication of the management towards crew.
Pros
Cons
Don't care for their team
Productive and interesting workplace.
Customer Service Representative, Barista (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, S15 December 2015
I am working on weekends and covering shifts of staff. I had learned a lot from this organisation like teamwork, how to manage work and time, punctuality and others. I am working with people who belong to different ethnicity but never had a complaint from anyone about my behaviour. I can't find any difficulty at my work place because we divide our work with in our co-workers we help each other to complete the task and all know the meaning of Teamwork. So we find our work place quite interesting and learn a lot from it.
Pros
Free coffee
Working Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 October 2015
Z energy is my first job in New Zealand and I gain vast experience in customer care and administration. Therefore I believe It was helped me to performed as an excellent administrator.
Pros
Every month profit sharing according to targets
Cons
shift basis
it was fun working at gas station
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, new zealand21 February 2015
it was very awesome Experience over there working with kiwis and gaining alot of knowledge.
i was Managing a Gas station as i was Assistant Manager at Z Energy, Greenlane.
normally i was doing the Morning and Evening Shifts and has to do all Important works like cas handling, Cash Ups, End of the day and Daily Stock takes.
Pros
Fuel Allonces was there.
Cons
Was Doing Long Hours
Easy to learn, bowling nights throughout the year
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand5 August 2013
Showing up either in the morning for opening, or later afternoon for closing, I soon became knowledgeable in cash-handling, general house keeping, stock replenishment. I soon then became responsible to teaching trainees. Hardest part of the job, was the amount of hours I sometimes had to do, when I had to cover for someone. The most enjoyable part, was talking to a customer (when I didn't have other customers) about something interesting the mentioned while I served them.
Pros
Asked for certain hours, they provided.
Cons
Was faulted for customers mistakes
Z Energy Huntly
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Huntly13 March 2013
The work enviroment at Z energy was a happy, friendly place to be. I enjoyed meeting new customers and the fact that every new customer made the day different from the day before. A typical day at work involved serving customers coffe and food(which we had to prepare and bake), answering any questions they had as much as we could. Cleaning, stocking up, and cash drops. I learned how to make coffe using the new coffe machine system Z had after the re-vamp. Learnt how to check and refill the oil and water of cars, use the till system and fill out certain forms. The management was good and co-workers easy to get along with and all very helpful, the hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers but I always kept a calm and professional demeanour whilst dealing with these kinds of people and tried to find the best possible outcome for both parties. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people interaction, I am a very friendly person and I LOVED talking to and meeting new people finding out a little bit about them and forming customer, employee relationships with the regulars.
Pros
people interaction, great enviroment, customer feedback, opportunities to learn