Z Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Z Energy Management reviews

New Zealand46 reviews
Easy to work
Z has been an easy job, as long as you take care of everyone's safety and follow the protocols there are no issues.
the management has been transparent about the opportunities and i have thoroughly enjoyed working here.
treated like dirt
overall incompetent bullying management who only concern is money not staff, staff treated badly after CHCH quake, i know that was a long time ago but still same management in place. staff who lost job because of quake given no redundancy payments, poor staff communication . most customers OK became friends with some of them only for them to be treated badly by other staff.
A good company
It's a good company glad to be a part of them thank you. Management was great as well as work colleagues.I highly recommended it to friends. Overall it was a good job.
Somewhat stressful and fun workplace
The job itself was alright, but the management of the company was not really efficient. It was nice to interact with the customers, but there were a few stressful moments to deal with. Sometimes you had to work overtime which was more than 40 hours.
Pros
Free coffee
Fun place to work
Awesome place to grow. The staff and management are friendly. They are also family orientated. Overall great place to work awesome communication with the owners also.
Pros
Always learning new things
Cons
Long hours of standing
Good company
Good management, good company to work, very flexible work lifestyle, forward thinking, good work place culture, staff seems to be happy, some employees have been more than 20 years.
Best company with freindly atmosphere. Baing foods, Being barista. Talking face to face with customers. Meeeting new friends which are customers and our co workers too. Making friends from our city like the cutomers and everybody knows you, whenyou are out. Most of all, Everybody RESPECTS you.
Pros
Very Friendly Management, Allowances, Incentives.
cash handling, helping custmers
In a typical day i fullfiled the tasks of easy and quick transactions for customer, Solving problems. Providing staff training and rosters management.
fun and work
awosome job
i learn customer service

time and quick management
my co worker more educated and more experience
hardest part drunk customer

enjoyable part team work
Pros
work alone
Cons
long shift
Fun working
- I've worked for the station for more then a year and all over my experience is good. Most of the co-workers I worked with were so good. They showed me the way of working and made my self comfortable. I enjoyed the busy morning at work and customers know you are busy and still you make them happy without making any mistake that is the most awesome part. The one thing I heat is poor communication of the management towards crew.
Pros
Cons
Don't care for their team
great place to work fun and friendly staff
A typical day at work i would stock shelves, serve customers and clean the store.what i learned at Z was how to better communicate with customers and i improved on my people skills. the management was always friendly and great to work with. the staff were fun and friendly, i loved working working with the staff at Z tokoroa. the hardest part of the job would have been pumping fuel in bad weather e.g on rainy or windy day.
the most enjoyable part of the job would have been talking to the regular customers and the staff.
Pros
pros would have to be the bonus
Cons
there were not any cons but if i had to pick one it would have to be cleaning the toilets
was a great place to work
couple of grumpy customers but thats ok i just explained to them that they werent aloud cellphones on the forecourt and they were happy after that i learned about all the different petrols and oils and what to put in to each car management were all great and really nice to me and the rest of the staff the hardest part was one day wen i was out on the forecourt all day wen it was cold and snowing but thats ok just put extra layers of clothing on and it was fine everything was enjoyable on the job customers were so friendly wen pumping their petrol and always asked if they wanted windows washed and staff were really friendly
Cons
great hours long but great loved them
Z Energy Huntly
The work enviroment at Z energy was a happy, friendly place to be. I enjoyed meeting new customers and the fact that every new customer made the day different from the day before. A typical day at work involved serving customers coffe and food(which we had to prepare and bake), answering any questions they had as much as we could. Cleaning, stocking up, and cash drops. I learned how to make coffe using the new coffe machine system Z had after the re-vamp. Learnt how to check and refill the oil and water of cars, use the till system and fill out certain forms. The management was good and co-workers easy to get along with and all very helpful, the hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers but I always kept a calm and professional demeanour whilst dealing with these kinds of people and tried to find the best possible outcome for both parties. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people interaction, I am a very friendly person and I LOVED talking to and meeting new people finding out a little bit about them and forming customer, employee relationships with the regulars.
Pros
people interaction, great enviroment, customer feedback, opportunities to learn