Z Energy Employee Reviews

Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanson30 August 2016
In the 18 months I worked there I learnt a lot of valuable skills, I had a lot of really good support from a couple of my co-workers to learn from. A typical day at work would of been serving customers, helping dispense fuel, giving customers advice about correct oil type for their vehicle, also ordering stock and doing regular stocktakes, merchandising and promotional stands. Also I was responsible for food handling and making customer coffees. Hardest part of the job was having to work with difficult team members and the most enjoyable was helping those who need you the most.
Pros
Free coffees
Cons
Weekend work and extra hours
fun and work
awosome job
i learn customer service
time and quick management
my co worker more educated and more experience
hardest part drunk customer
enjoyable part team work
Pros
work alone
Cons
long shift
awsome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland10 May 2016
it was nice place to work and learn different kind off things, i had good time. i worked there more then 1 year, so meet so many kind of people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
very long hours
Working at Z Putaruru is Fun, Great People, Great wok environment.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Putaruru, Waikato16 March 2016
Z Putaruru is a great place to start career get to work with great bunch of people, a typical day at work starts with free morning coffee for staff plus lots of smiling customers to keep you going for rest of the day. then putting your orders through to suppliers, serving customers, making coffees, and managing the shop up to standards.
the most enjoyable part of the job is PEOPLE as it's a customer oriented business.
The hardest part of the job can't think of one, there is no hard part i guess (for me)
Pros
free coffees for staff
stressed out anf fried their brain our for some
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington10 March 2016
always pushing sales and giving unreasonable number to achieve in real life. and then never appreciation from anyone. always criticizing this is not done or that need to be taken care too. enjoyable part was when u go home. never been out with staff to get to know them better.
Pros
same shift everyday
Cons
sometimes have to stay back.
Productive and fun place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland2 March 2016
Great place to start off and get good customer service representative experience with them. Heaps to learn about the fuel and retailing business side operating in Nea Zealand.
Pros
secure employment
Cons
not enough room for promotion or advancement
Fun working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand3 February 2016
- I've worked for the station for more then a year and all over my experience is good. Most of the co-workers I worked with were so good. They showed me the way of working and made my self comfortable. I enjoyed the busy morning at work and customers know you are busy and still you make them happy without making any mistake that is the most awesome part. The one thing I heat is poor communication of the management towards crew.
Pros
Cons
Don't care for their team
food and fuel at one place
Site Manager, Frankton (Former Employee) –  Hamilton10 January 2016
hard and enjoyable at the same time. learned good customer service. awesome co-workers. hardest part selling promotions. enjoyable part interacting with customers and supporting good in the hood.
Pros
free coffees, gift cards, food discounts
Cons
grumpy customers
Productive and interesting workplace.
Customer Service Representative, Barista (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, S15 December 2015
I am working on weekends and covering shifts of staff. I had learned a lot from this organisation like teamwork, how to manage work and time, punctuality and others. I am working with people who belong to different ethnicity but never had a complaint from anyone about my behaviour. I can't find any difficulty at my work place because we divide our work with in our co-workers we help each other to complete the task and all know the meaning of Teamwork. So we find our work place quite interesting and learn a lot from it.
Pros
Free coffee
fun place to be
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N3 December 2015
Fun Workplace , Everyone works together as a team, I have learned a lot since working for this Company Western Gas Limited, It's not different from working at your own home. It was something that I am looking forward to everyday is to go to work.I really missed this Company.
Pros
Loan Interest free
Cons
Alright
Working Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 October 2015
Z energy is my first job in New Zealand and I gain vast experience in customer care and administration. Therefore I believe It was helped me to performed as an excellent administrator.
Pros
Every month profit sharing according to targets
Cons
shift basis
Not a fun place to work
Forecourt Concierge (Former Employee) –  manukau16 August 2015
I enjoed the first couple of days then it got boring and i just got put outside didnt get treated fairly

but it was a alright experience
easy and fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N28 July 2015
i have learned from this job to work as a team and helping people will make them feel at home and wanting to come back to our working place again. the hardest part is when you deal with drunk people at night time because i work alone and i enjoy chatting with customers
Pros
free coffee
good working environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington , New Zealand10 July 2015
I had hard day particularly when i was working in domino's as an manager in training as because its restaurant chain & have to meet daily targets every day so we have to meet the requirements day by day.
it was fun working at gas station
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, new zealand21 February 2015
it was very awesome Experience over there working with kiwis and gaining alot of knowledge.
i was Managing a Gas station as i was Assistant Manager at Z Energy, Greenlane.
normally i was doing the Morning and Evening Shifts and has to do all Important works like cas handling, Cash Ups, End of the day and Daily Stock takes.
Pros
Fuel Allonces was there.
Cons
Was Doing Long Hours
great place to work fun and friendly staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tokoroa, N5 January 2014
A typical day at work i would stock shelves, serve customers and clean the store.what i learned at Z was how to better communicate with customers and i improved on my people skills. the management was always friendly and great to work with. the staff were fun and friendly, i loved working working with the staff at Z tokoroa. the hardest part of the job would have been pumping fuel in bad weather e.g on rainy or windy day.
the most enjoyable part of the job would have been talking to the regular customers and the staff.
Pros
pros would have to be the bonus
Cons
there were not any cons but if i had to pick one it would have to be cleaning the toilets
was a great place to work
Forecourt concierge (Former Employee) –  Rangiora6 December 2013
couple of grumpy customers but thats ok i just explained to them that they werent aloud cellphones on the forecourt and they were happy after that i learned about all the different petrols and oils and what to put in to each car management were all great and really nice to me and the rest of the staff the hardest part was one day wen i was out on the forecourt all day wen it was cold and snowing but thats ok just put extra layers of clothing on and it was fine everything was enjoyable on the job customers were so friendly wen pumping their petrol and always asked if they wanted windows washed and staff were really friendly
Cons
great hours long but great loved them
Easy to learn, bowling nights throughout the year
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand5 August 2013
Showing up either in the morning for opening, or later afternoon for closing, I soon became knowledgeable in cash-handling, general house keeping, stock replenishment. I soon then became responsible to teaching trainees. Hardest part of the job, was the amount of hours I sometimes had to do, when I had to cover for someone. The most enjoyable part, was talking to a customer (when I didn't have other customers) about something interesting the mentioned while I served them.
Pros
Asked for certain hours, they provided.
Cons
Was faulted for customers mistakes
Z Energy Huntly
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Huntly13 March 2013
The work enviroment at Z energy was a happy, friendly place to be. I enjoyed meeting new customers and the fact that every new customer made the day different from the day before. A typical day at work involved serving customers coffe and food(which we had to prepare and bake), answering any questions they had as much as we could. Cleaning, stocking up, and cash drops. I learned how to make coffe using the new coffe machine system Z had after the re-vamp. Learnt how to check and refill the oil and water of cars, use the till system and fill out certain forms. The management was good and co-workers easy to get along with and all very helpful, the hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers but I always kept a calm and professional demeanour whilst dealing with these kinds of people and tried to find the best possible outcome for both parties. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people interaction, I am a very friendly person and I LOVED talking to and meeting new people finding out a little bit about them and forming customer, employee relationships with the regulars.
Pros
people interaction, great enviroment, customer feedback, opportunities to learn