Z Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Z Energy Employee Reviews

New Zealand47 reviews
Love working here..Made my life more easier than before..Good hours and good team..it did boost my confidence ...would consider working here for longer time
it was a very stressful and under appreciated job to work for, no one listens n all they care for is coffee sales. it feels like everyone is fighting for the hours.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours standing
Best company with freindly atmosphere. Baing foods, Being barista. Talking face to face with customers. Meeeting new friends which are customers and our co workers too. Making friends from our city like the cutomers and everybody knows you, whenyou are out. Most of all, Everybody RESPECTS you.
Pros
Very Friendly Management, Allowances, Incentives.
Cons
Very exciting interacting with the new people and very good learning experience.Having great fun with the team...the best experience how to attract the customers and upsaling the goods with very good promotions.
Pros
Very competitive
Cons
Well one thing I can say about this company is they are about new Zealand there is no doubt ,they are well into the community when it comes to good in the hood and another community stuff ,staff are lovely an helpful
Pros
No but your own lunch
Cons
In a typical day i fullfiled the tasks of easy and quick transactions for customer, Solving problems. Providing staff training and rosters management.
I found working with the staff was a great experience, with the help of my employer I gained my certificate in retail and also did my first aid and fire certificate
My role and function at Z Energy was senior Project manager within the retail assets PMO team based in Wellington.

My responsibilities and accountabilities as project manager was to successfully deliver the retail asset programme to include the construction of new build and knock down and rebuild fuel service stations.
In the 18 months I worked there I learnt a lot of valuable skills, I had a lot of really good support from a couple of my co-workers to learn from. A typical day at work would of been serving customers, helping dispense fuel, giving customers advice about correct oil type for their vehicle, also ordering stock and doing regular stocktakes, merchandising and promotional stands. Also I was responsible for food handling and making customer coffees. Hardest part of the job was having to work with difficult team members and the most enjoyable was helping those who need you the most.
Pros
Free coffees
Cons
Weekend work and extra hours
awosome job
i learn customer service

time and quick management

my co worker more educated and more experience

hardest part drunk customer

enjoyable part team work
Pros
work alone
Cons
long shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Z Energy?
it was nice place to work and learn different kind off things, i had good time. i worked there more then 1 year, so meet so many kind of people.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
very long hours
Z Putaruru is a great place to start career get to work with great bunch of people, a typical day at work starts with free morning coffee for staff plus lots of smiling customers to keep you going for rest of the day. then putting your orders through to suppliers, serving customers, making coffees, and managing the shop up to standards.
the most enjoyable part of the job is PEOPLE as it's a customer oriented business.

The hardest part of the job can't think of one, there is no hard part i guess (for me)
Pros
free coffees for staff
always pushing sales and giving unreasonable number to achieve in real life. and then never appreciation from anyone. always criticizing this is not done or that need to be taken care too. enjoyable part was when u go home. never been out with staff to get to know them better.
Pros
same shift everyday
Cons
sometimes have to stay back.
Great place to start off and get good customer service representative experience with them. Heaps to learn about the fuel and retailing business side operating in Nea Zealand.
Pros
secure employment
Cons
not enough room for promotion or advancement
- I've worked for the station for more then a year and all over my experience is good. Most of the co-workers I worked with were so good. They showed me the way of working and made my self comfortable. I enjoyed the busy morning at work and customers know you are busy and still you make them happy without making any mistake that is the most awesome part. The one thing I heat is poor communication of the management towards crew.
Pros
Cons
Don't care for their team
hard and enjoyable at the same time. learned good customer service. awesome co-workers. hardest part selling promotions. enjoyable part interacting with customers and supporting good in the hood.
Pros
free coffees, gift cards, food discounts
Cons
grumpy customers
I am working on weekends and covering shifts of staff. I had learned a lot from this organisation like teamwork, how to manage work and time, punctuality and others. I am working with people who belong to different ethnicity but never had a complaint from anyone about my behaviour. I can't find any difficulty at my work place because we divide our work with in our co-workers we help each other to complete the task and all know the meaning of Teamwork. So we find our work place quite interesting and learn a lot from it.
Pros
Free coffee
Fun Workplace , Everyone works together as a team, I have learned a lot since working for this Company Western Gas Limited, It's not different from working at your own home. It was something that I am looking forward to everyday is to go to work.I really missed this Company.
Pros
Loan Interest free
Cons
Alright
Z energy is my first job in New Zealand and I gain vast experience in customer care and administration. Therefore I believe It was helped me to performed as an excellent administrator.
Pros
Every month profit sharing according to targets
Cons
shift basis
I enjoed the first couple of days then it got boring and i just got put outside didnt get treated fairly

but it was a alright experience
i have learned from this job to work as a team and helping people will make them feel at home and wanting to come back to our working place again. the hardest part is when you deal with drunk people at night time because i work alone and i enjoy chatting with customers
Pros
free coffee