Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,420 reviews

Lack of development

Very flexible WFH policy, but few development opportunities and high caseload are significant drawbacks.

good job

It's a good job. Good benefits. 401(k) match. You need to have degrees for advancement and not that easy to come by. There is stability and once you are hired, you will never leave.

bureaucracy

Decent benefits but very political environment. Bonuses usually are paid, depending on how the wind blows. Managers are just looking to please upper management.

Transformación, flexibilidad y desarrollo.

Compañía sumamente innovadora que busca liderar el cambio. Muy orientada a personas y comprometida con el medio ambiente. Sin duda, feliz de haberme unido a esta gran compañía en la que no faltan las oportunidades para desarrollarte y asumir nuevos retos apasionantes.

Pros

Flexibilidad, crecimiento en la compañía y beneficios sociales que favorecen el bienestar.

Not the best if you're in the express side of the business

I worked in the Glasgow office in the express side. This split between express and expert happened about 2 years after I started. Once moved into express, I felt it was no longer Zurich I worked for. We were managed by another company who weren't always fair towards the Zurich staff. The other company (WNS) had handlers working the same job, for less pay, less holiday time, no sick pay and different bank holiday hours, so it lead to a fairly uneasy work atmosphere. Zurich expert was the much better side, if it's Expert I would recommend it, if it's express then id avoid applying and find somewhere else.

Pros

It's a nice office

Cons

Not a great atmosphere, not great management

Poor management and antiquated software systems

Zurich (Addison office) hired a LOT of auto claims adjusters with very little Commercial Claims experience. That’s fine!! You have to start somewhere. However, they failed to properly train the new hires on the intricacies and complexities of commercial policies and claims handling. Upper management takes no accountability for their poor leadership and choose to make the adjusters the fall guy for why clients are leaving them to got to other carriers. The software systems are antiquated and inefficient. The timesheet system is so confusing that adjusters were not properly compensated for the long hours they worked. The health plan is expensive. They only offer high deductible policies. They do have FSA, but not as great as other large insurance carriers. Zurich (Addison Office) has the potential to be great. However, in order to accomplish that, they need to get rid of the current leadership.

Pros

Great PTO initially

Cons

Management, training, and healthcare

Professional well managed project experience

Professional well run company with talented group from managers, fellow colleages, business customers to systems control people. Well run systems process with latest software enabling commuication and work tracking.

Pros

Could work remotely.

Cons

No complaints.

Great place to work great people and great opportunities for advancement

I love Zurich I’ve been there for almost a year now and I am very thankful I was approved for this job. I worked in some very toxic environments previously and I can say that Zurich cares for their employees. It feels like you’re not really working but you are with family.. every day they appreciate you and help you, they are a very great team ! The management is caring understanding, and they will go above and beyond to make sure that you are satisfied every day. Highly recommend this place! great pay, great hours and great benefits!

Launch pad

Great place to launch a career in corporate insurance. The trainee program is top-class and gives a solid foundation to learn and succeed in the industry.

What is the best part of working at the company?Structure. DE&I. Focus on employee growth. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Scattered incompetence in leadership What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Open. Encouraging. Inclusive. Collaborative. What is a typical day like for you at the company?9-5:00. Very flexible

Jekyll and Hyde employer

On one hand Zurich offer an excellent benefit and salary package, real flexibility as to hours and homeworking, lots of diversity support and plenty of different projects to work on.On the other hand, strategy is a mess and teams are not delivering anything effectively, leaving the managers stressed out. The bad managers take that out on staff, leading to bullying and people leaving. The political infighting and maneuvering for position is creating a fairly toxic atmosphere.

Pros

Salary and benefits, flexibility, variety of work, diversity and inclusion

Cons

Company strategy, politics, infighting

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Buen ambiente de trabajo, jefatura cercana y centrada en el cumplimiento comercial de una forma relajada. En el área comercial las metas son un poco difícil de alcanzar no porque sean altas sino porque las personas están un poco dudosas de adquirir un seguro por los beneficios que ya tienen con su actual empleador.

Great Company to Work For

I don’t have very much negative to say about Zurich. I have learned so much during my time with Zurich. The pay however could be better in my opinion. Also, the work load is overwhelming in my department however I understand they are trying to work on that. Lastly I think the training could be better in my claims department. However overall I would recommend Zurich to friends and family.

Zurich is a great company and cares about their employees. Senior managers are very personable. Always encouraging employees to progress in their career. Great opportunity to learn and develop skills. Great benefits, maternity leave, discount on insurance etc

Personas, Innovación y sostenbilidad

Viniendo de una startup, me costaba verme en una aseguradora, pero Zurich no ha podido sorprenderme más (para bien claro ;)) Foco en las personas muy claro (sus empleados, sus clientes, la sociedad), apostando siempre por la innovación y la sostenibilidad. Como millenial, esto es fundamental de cara a buscar una empresa donde trabajar, además de la flexibilidad y el crecimiento profesional. NO puedo estar más contenta con la decisión de sumarme a esta gran empresa!!!

Pros

innovación, sostenibilidad, flexibilidad, oportunidades de desarrollo

Cons

En mi equipo no se habla mucho en ingles y se oxida un poco, pero hay clases y opciones de conocer a gente de otros paises y practicarlo así

Great Benefits

Good place to work. Good benefits. They send gifts quite often to employers as thank you gifts. Takes a while to learn about crop insurance. Good training. Moving up is hard because everybody keeps their jobs it seems.

I really like working here. Good pay, good people and culture, and I learn a lot at this company. Everyone is very supportive and willing to help each other.

Cultura a la dinosaurio

A pesar de ser una empresa de seguros internacional, la cultura es asquerosa. En los comités te exhiben y humillan de una manera en la que no puedes imaginarte, RRHH no tiene razón de ser, tu tienes que buscar tus accesos, la administración en el lugar es D-E-P-L-O-R-A-B-L-E, los pseudos líderes, de líderazgo tienen un comino. Tienes que ser sumamente lame **** para subir de puesto. Los puestos los inventan de un día para otro.

Pros

Home office.

Cons

Pésima cultura, pésima administración, pésima organización, trabajas más de 8 horas, no te pagan horas extras, el ambiente es terrible

Freedom to cope with tasks, many good people, but difficult middle management

In general, the tasks are clear but the way the employees work is up to them, which suits me. As the company is huge, there is also a lot of people really interesting to talk to and great to work with.However, these people often do not stay, because there is a layer of middle management which is there since 20 years or more, without any clue and not willing to get up to speed. They are there because they were hired in the last century. Those people are oldfashioned, cannot value people or their skills, make many mistakes and give the motivated and well educated a hard time. I would not recommend this company

Arbeitsort mit Zukunftsperspektiven

Ich habe bei der Zurich Versicherung sehr angeneyme Erfahrungen gemacht.Im ersten Jahr wird man profesionell geschult um im darauffolgenden Jahr das gelernte anzuwenden.Sehr angenehmes Arbeitsklima.

Good place to work; limited upward growth

Good start.. though not sure about long term. Lots of changes and people moved leading to uncertainty. Salary a little below market expectations Wlb could be improved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Zurich Insurance